Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77751 times)

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2005, 03:45:32 pm »
me niether, its a good thing the braves wrapped up their 14th division the other nite.  id like to see a playoff game sox v yanks on monday. in fenway.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »
Quote from: leith
Padres are the National League West Champions! Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a long time. 2nd yr. @ Petco and onto the playoffs. The team is on a tear and screw all those haters. The playoffs are another season all together. Bring It! Pads and Angels in the Series! Yeah I\'m talkin\' crazy but you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and only in San Diego is Patron poured along w/ the Champagne.LOL

:lol:

man, i hope they get fuckin\' slaughtered.. kind of like a shitty offense and football, a quick three and out. but hey, youre right they are another season and SD has decent pitching, looks like theyre going to face St. Louis, though, thanks to Houston. that shouldnt be pretty, leith, but enjoy the post-season. (:imbitterasfuck:..) ;)

Quote from: Rujah
me niether, its a good thing the braves wrapped up their 14th division IN A ROW !!!! the other nite.  id like to see a playoff game sox v yanks on monday. in fenway.

impossible. cant play your own division in the first round.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2005, 03:55:09 pm »
one game playoff winner takes division and plays white sox in the playoffs
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2005, 04:08:33 pm »
i gotchya, but mathematically its impossible for them to tie now, i think? yeah its definitely impossible with 3 games in their series.. if it was after tonight 4 itd be possible but no they cant tie.

nevermind, im wrong.. whoops.

you can call me corky if you want.

they would both have to win or lose tonight for it to be possible, though...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 04:06:37 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2005, 07:26:03 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
Padres are the National League West Champions! Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a long time. 2nd yr. @ Petco and onto the playoffs. The team is on a tear and screw all those haters. The playoffs are another season all together. Bring It! Pads and Angels in the Series! Yeah I\'m talkin\' crazy but you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, i hope they get fuckin\' slaughtered.. kind of like a shitty offense and football, a quick three and out. but hey, youre right they are another season and SD has decent pitching, looks like theyre going to face St. Louis, though, thanks to Houston. that shouldnt be pretty, leith, but enjoy the post-season. (:imbitterasfuck:..) ;)

The last time the Pads went to St. Louie they took 3 of 4. How many wins does it take to move on to the nxt round? That\'s right 3.
 I\'ll take Peavy, Eaton, Lawrence and either Woody Williams or Pedro Astacio over the Cards pitching right now. Not to mention a bullpen w/ Otsuka, Linebrink and Hoffman. The Padre bats are hot and they have come from behind to win in a few games the past week or so. They are hungry and despite their record this team did show it can win when healthy as shown by the 22-6 record in May. They are healthy now, the second season begins Tues. Bring It!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2005, 11:55:00 pm »
me niether, its a good thing the braves wrapped up their 14th division the other nite.  id like to see a playoff game sox v yanks on monday. in fenway.

Too bad the one game playoff will be in New York, as decided by coin flip.

one game playoff winner takes division and plays white sox in the playoffs

This is also impossible, sorry.  Well, at least in the first round.  The White Sox will play the wild card winner in the first round if it is not the Indians.  if it is the Indians, the White Sox play the Angels.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2005, 11:55:45 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya

get a room, fags!!!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #457 on: September 30, 2005, 02:34:19 pm »
That\'s really awesome Holly. Definitely more awesome the second time. ;)
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2005, 01:03:05 pm »
Dear Yankees,

Please win. Thanks.

Love,
Dave

stabmasterarson

« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2005, 01:06:54 pm »
:that:
-matty

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2005, 02:35:23 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
Dear Yankees,

Please win. Thanks.

Love,
Dave

:that:

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #461 on: October 01, 2005, 03:38:53 pm »

The last time the Pads went to St. Louie they took 3 of 4. How many wins does it take to move on to the nxt round? That\'s right 3.
 I\'ll take Peavy, Eaton, Lawrence and either Woody Williams or Pedro Astacio over the Cards pitching right now. Not to mention a bullpen w/ Otsuka, Linebrink and Hoffman. The Padre bats are hot and they have come from behind to win in a few games the past week or so. They are hungry and despite their record this team did show it can win when healthy as shown by the 22-6 record in May. They are healthy now, the second season begins Tues. Bring It!!

yeah, and who have they played in the last couple weeks leith?? thats right, their division, by far the worst in baseball. i believe they played their division for most of May also. bats are gonna go limp, pitching will faulter.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #462 on: October 01, 2005, 03:43:52 pm »

yeah, and who have they played in the last couple weeks leith?? thats right, their division, by far the worst in baseball. i believe they played their division for most of May also. bats are gonna go limp, pitching will faulter.

LOL man you are bitter. Well to you and all the other Haters. Waaaahhh! Why not jump on the below 500 teams in the division that really suck. We won it fair and square. Oh and when the Padres move on to the next round pls do not disappear from this thread. PLEASE?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #463 on: October 01, 2005, 03:46:05 pm »

LOL man you are bitter. Well to you and all the other Haters. Waaaahhh! Why not jump on the below 500 teams in the division that really suck. We won it fair and square. Oh and when the Padres move on to the next round pls do not disappear from this thread. PLEASE?

ill be here, i can swallow my pride with no problem.. just happy i wont have to in this case. ;)

stabmasterarson

« Reply #464 on: October 01, 2005, 04:28:40 pm »
Dear yankees,

Thank you.

Matty
p.s-yanks= al east champs for the 8th consecutive season