Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77735 times)

Whathefunk

The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #330 on: July 19, 2005, 02:08:10 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Spacey
I hate Fox broadcasters. I don\'t really like YES\'s either. Interestingly enough, mainly because I watch baseball over P&S\'s (who is a Sox fan), I enjoy the broadcasting of the NESN crew, fan of Remdawg.

I\'m not sure why Rem-Dog is so popular - he seems like kind of a dummy, though at least he\'s a modest guy and not an elite jerk.

DerickW and P&S will be at the Sox game tonight, box seats on the 1st base line.

I will never undertsand why people pay so much for "good" seats.

Remdawg knows the club better than anyone and just the game better than anyone really and like you said hes sort of a dummy but he is a just an average guy you can relate to and not at all elite jerk off like the fox guys.  And to answer your question about paying for good seats, well Fenway is an old ballpark and some seats will give u a sore neck because your seat does not face anywhere near homeplate, while other seats (quite a few really) are just completely obstructed by a thick green pole.  Don\'t get me wrong i would take a seat anywhere in fenway for any game just cause of how much energy and emotion is crammed into that little ballpark every single game.  Plus the new additions on Fenway are so ser their stu! Right feild concourse is sick and Monster Seats!?! come on!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 02:14:35 am by Whathefunk »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #331 on: July 19, 2005, 03:03:15 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
I hate Fox broadcasters. I don\'t really like YES\'s either. Interestingly enough, mainly because I watch baseball over P&S\'s (who is a Sox fan), I enjoy the broadcasting of the NESN crew, fan of Remdawg.

I\'m not sure why Rem-Dog is so popular - he seems like kind of a dummy, though at least he\'s a modest guy and not an elite jerk.

What do you expect from a sports broadcaster? :P

DerickW and P&S will be at the Sox game tonight, box seats on the 1st base line.

I will never undertsand why people pay so much for "good" seats.

If you can, why not? If I could afford it I would always have good seats. If you can afford it, it\'s absolutely worth it. You don\'t have to pay a ton to have good seats though; in most ballparks if you have a somewhat decent seat you can see most of the park without having to turn your head. It sure is nice to be up close though....

Quote from: antbach

No Wolfman comments after the weekend ranting between board members. . I am SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED! ;)

I can\'t wait till Wolfman returns with more hostile fire.  I love his fanatical baseball-bashing posts for their entertainment value (he is kind of clever you must admit).

On another note, I checked the sports page in a newspaper and it appears that the Yankees are quite a few games above .500.  How can they suck if they are doing decent?  Must be a comparison of the excessive payroll vs. performance.

They\'re doing just fine at the moment... I think most people\'s comments come from their performance over the whole season thus far.
Masturbation in the MFA

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2005, 04:04:59 am »
Yanks just took the lead. :)

(200th post)
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2005, 08:38:33 am »
we will worry about next time when it comes around. All I care about now is Kevin "old as dirt" Brown and how he fares this evening.

I am finally happy to learn the truth about Olerud\'s head.

Well, Kevin "Tin Man" Brown returned last night, all I can say is thank jeebus the yanks offense showed up last night.

i\'m wondering how P&S enjoyed being a live witness to the sox dropping outta 1st place.  is this the start of their typical august implosion?

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #334 on: July 19, 2005, 09:05:06 am »
I know its early still, and its not by much. . . I really, really, REALLY, wasn\'t gonna do this until later in the year. And its not the type of baseball fan I am, but. . . Well, honestly, I couldn\'t help myself :lol: :lol:

"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #335 on: July 19, 2005, 09:23:39 am »
I have to say that I love this little Yanks/Sox rivalry thing going on here.

Kevin Brown makes me sick not as sick as Bernie Williams makes me. A routine play and for the money he makes, he should have known that it was Matsui\'s ball. OMG, I just wanted to strangle Williams. Not sure how the Yankees pulled it off but they did. Thanks to Rueben.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #336 on: July 19, 2005, 09:38:09 am »
Quote from: antbach
I know its early still, and its not by much. . . I really, really, REALLY, wasn\'t gonna do this until later in the year. And its not the type of baseball fan I am, but. . . Well, honestly, I couldn\'t help myself :lol: :lol:

any post requiring that many caveats, may have been worth waiting on.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #337 on: July 19, 2005, 09:45:30 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens

any post requiring that many caveats, may have been worth waiting on.

Well, with the warnings, I don\'t have to listen/read the "It\'s only a half game", "It\'s still July" type posts. . . I was gonna wait until the Yankees had the ^ or whatever meaning they clinched the division, but hey, I felt I needed to toss it out there now.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #338 on: July 19, 2005, 11:53:08 am »
I have to say that I love this little Yanks/Sox rivalry thing going on here.

Kevin Brown makes me sick not as sick as Bernie Williams makes me. A routine play and for the money he makes, he should have known that it was Matsui\'s ball. OMG, I just wanted to strangle Williams. Not sure how the Yankees pulled it off but they did. Thanks to Rueben.

Who would have thought, good old 67 year old Reuben Sierea can still come through.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #339 on: July 19, 2005, 11:57:07 am »
He is as old as dirt. confirmed.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #340 on: July 19, 2005, 12:01:37 pm »
how about the Chi-Sox people.. i know Red Sox/Yankees is the best rivalry in all of sports, but the South-Siders are the real fucking deal this year. anyone take a look at their record in their own AL Central???

31-5.

now that is OWNAGE.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #341 on: July 19, 2005, 12:10:40 pm »
White Sox = Best Team In Baseball right now

The road to the WS goes right thru ChiWhiteSox town

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #342 on: July 19, 2005, 12:16:12 pm »
we\'ll see though, lack of playoff experience=big possibility to buckle.. although their style of winning curbs the chance to really fuck up -- pitching, defense, small ball. w/podsednik startin things with a single/walk, usually stealing at least 2nd base, and iguchi behind him as hands down the best situational hitter in the game, they get the ball rolling immediately and set the stage for an outstanding staff straight through. they also got clutch hitting that i havent seen in a long time. hey, trivia, off the top of your head when\'s the last time the White Sox won a world series???
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #343 on: July 19, 2005, 12:23:46 pm »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #344 on: July 19, 2005, 12:39:28 pm »
yyeah, most people dont know this. only 1906 and 1917.

the infamous Black Sox of 1920 should be considered one of the major "curses" in MLB.

my dad would kill me right now. i was raised a Cub fan.