Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 29386 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2008, 11:00:09 am »
07/29/03 - Post Gazette Pavilion at Star Lake - Burgettstown, Pennsylvania

Set 1: Daniel (Saw the Stone), Camel Walk, Gotta Jibboo, Cool it Down, Scent of a Mule, Fee > Timber (Jerry) > When the Circus Comes, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless > Thunderhead, Brother, Harpua > Bittersweet Motel, Harpua, I Fooled Around and Fell in Love* > Hold Your Head Up > Harpua, David Bowie

Encore: Farmhouse

oh no, wait...

2008-06-27 - Dodge Music Center; Hartford, CT

I: Can\'t Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods\' Dice, All Night, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You(Modern Girl), Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

E1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood(Atomic Dog)

E2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin\' Up, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

i posted that phish setlist because it\'s the first thing i thought of after the PJ show we saw last night. bust out after bust out after bust out. unbelievable that they could/would put together a setlist like this.

gotta give credit to andy weekapaug, who i spoke to briefly before the show. he said that because of all the pessimism surrounding the show, he thought it was actually gonna be the sleeper show of the tour. i was thinking the exact opposite. the hartford \'06 show is probably the most mediocre PJ show i\'ve ever seen, and this show was smack dab in the middle of 2 two-night runs at 2 legendary PJ venues. i was totally expecting them to just mail it in at this show. and i couldn\'t have been more wrong.

i missed Can\'t Keep and Breakerfall. :(:mad::( not happy about that. we waited in the line for 10c tickets for about an hour. we would have waited longer, but after a long while, an executive decision was made to cut the line, because it had stopped moving completely for about 15 minutes. seriously, you would think they\'d have this shit figured out by now.

we walked in during Last Exit, and as they started God\'s Dice, i already couldn\'t believe what i was hearing. got my first Sad of the tour. my first Big Wave ever (after missing the debut by one show in \'06). first Not For You, Jeremy, Immortality, Blood, Smile, and Fuckin\' Up of the tour for me also. wow. my 5th show of the tour and 12 firsts. that\'s insane.

i also LOVE that Even Flow and Do The Evolution (the 2 songs that they play at *every* show) were left out of the main set. i\'d mentioned to pitchie about how if they ever opened with Even Flow, THAT would be fantastic. well, moving it out of the main set was just as good of an idea.

they\'ve raised the bar. a lot. i love this fucking band.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2008, 11:02:40 am »
Quote from: StringerBell;194570
:doh: Well, I would have barely made it in time to Hartford anyway if I decided to go.. But, goddamit..  Last night you got some Binaural and Vitalogy love, freaking Immortality, Brain of J, and In Hiding! Not to mention Not for You, Last Exit, Garden, Smile, Fuckin\' Up, and Leash!

yeah it was absolutely fantastic..... i was so psyched for In Hiding and Smile... Last Exit & Blood were HUGE as well...  couldn\'t have asked for a better night at the meadows too... great crowd, great weather, awesome evening :)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2008, 12:42:52 pm »
wow.....:)

I have 2 in sec 11 tonight for well below face value....anyone?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:42:52 pm by weekapaug19 »
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2008, 02:02:46 pm »
weekapaug- just sent you a pm. where do you want to me up to get the tix?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2008, 11:50:10 am »
Last night (Mansfield I) was a B-/B for me. Mind you, they are one of my fav. bands and have seen them numerous times and have bootlegs out the wazoo.

Out comes Ed out pre-opening act (I believe only 2nd time this tour) to wet the crowd. He performs opens "Throw Your Arms Around Me." Dude should start throwing some surprises into those presets. It\'s usually 1 of about 3 or 4 songs. For years.

Highlights and other things of note: 1st Hard to Imagine (opener), Hail Hail (love that song and could hear it 10x in a row), Low light (I like the song better on record. It kind of slows the momentum), Faithful again was OK to hear, I\'d prefer getting the In Hiding and Brain Of J Hartford had the night before if something from Yield. They should just trash I\'m Open..Seriously..  I Got Shit!! (see Hail Hail), State of Love and Trust as Off He Goes was super cool, and Love Reign O\'er Me was pretty explosive. The cheering during the opening of Betterman was the loudest and longest thing I\'ve ever heard in my life for about a minute or two. This crowd usually does this after they help Ed sing the part of the first verse. But, this was unlike anything anyone has ever heard before (Read the thread about it on the PJ forum called the Message Pit) The show ended abruptly after Alive and the show seemed to be a couple of more tunes away from a solid B.. Wash, Satan\'s Bed, Habit, and Rival were all sound checked but were not played.. Monday\'s show should be swell. I just downloaded Hartford.. Hail, hail the lucky ones..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:58:41 am by StringerBell »

OMS

• Egg-Head
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2008, 12:09:42 pm »
quoted from the kanye thread, posted by myself

\'on a semi - related breakfast note..i had dinner with Eddie Vedder on Friday before his performance. me eddie and my one other friend who is close family friends with him. My friend who introduced me to vedder, his brother is in a band called \'the tangeants\'. they have played the lions den on a night when the breakfast did too, they played that 6 pm slot or something when the breakfast played at 12. so anyway, my friend mentions how his brothers band \'opened\' for one of my (pointing at me) favorite bands. i replied \'yeah, the breakfast, great band, check them out\'. he didnt really react, however, and my friend continued on with his story...did what i could though. eddie later gave me his pick. what a trip, having halibut with EV and then seeing him control thousands and thousands of people jumping simultaneaously. so fucking cool.\'

thought it would be a nice addition to the PJ tour thread. only time i have/had ever seen them was bonnaroo, awesome fucking show. was on the stage for it, check out a picture i took (mary-kate and ashley were right across the stage from me haha)

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v288/77/65/1380480305/n1380480305_30271970_5048.jpg

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2008, 12:22:19 pm »
Jesus, the Olsen Twins were also at the Garden.. OMS, you are a lucky son of a gun!

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2008, 01:30:05 pm »
2008-06-28 - Comcast Center; Mansfield, MA

Pre-Set: Throw Your Arms Around Me

I: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I\'m Open, I Got Id, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

E1: Love Reign O\'er Me, Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man(Save it for Later)

E2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

--

i agree with your rating, pete. i\'d say B.

i couldn\'t have been happier to see TYAAM. honestly, there\'s no other song i\'d rather hear Ed do solo, so i was pretty damn giddy when he came out and played it, and i was rewarded for being in my seat nice and early. i REALLY wanted to hear it at the EV Berkeley show, and i didn\'t, so i was very excited about this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/o1m-GBKFqZ4&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/o1m-GBKFqZ4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

HTI opener was obvious. (totally going with a Wash opener call for Monday now). LOVE Why Go in the 2-slot. my first Hail, Hail of the tour - awesome. also loved the Comatose placement. love Low Light, but wasn\'t in love with the placement. too soon. couple standards after that, but i always love Faithfull. nice to hear my first Off He Goes of the tour. i\'m sick of Given To Fly. love Down. agree with pete - I\'m Open serves no purpose, and i hate the fact that it even counts as a "song" in the song count. I GOT ID - now we\'re talking! been waiting for this. EF/DTE back to back was a little rough, but loved Once and RVM to close out the set.

i thought Love Reign O\'er Me was going to be something different, cause before it, ed said "we\'re gonna try this one because we have tomorrow off". still love hearing them play it though. i love Come Back, and it was my first of the tour, however, it\'s kinda tough live, and i don\'t really think it belonged where it was. Insignificance was great. i\'m liking Black more now that i\'m hearing it less.

i may have to call this the best Better Man i\'ve ever heard. like pete said, the pause was absolutely insane. lots of cheers, per usual, but the crowd just kept getting louder and louder, and the cheers turned into banging on the seats. ed just sat and watched and was clearly loving it. and to top it off, i got probably the longest Save It For Later tag i\'ve ever heard (full verse and chorus + "don\'t let me down"). oddly enough, probably the highlight of the show for me!

No More is a good song, but enough is enough. always love SOLAT, obviously. could NOT believe they were done after Alive. really? eek. that sort of brought the grade down a bit as well. only 25 songs on the night - the least amount of songs i\'ve seen at a PJ show since, ironically, Hartford \'06.

the soundcheck tells me that great things are going to happen tomorrow. hope i\'m right.

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:02 pm »
here\'s the end of Save It For Later:

http://www.youtube.com/v/C6SeC2SK27U&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/C6SeC2SK27U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2008, 08:03:30 am »
didn\'t know that wash and satin\'s bed were in soundcheck.....i really wish I was doing boston 2 instead of gordan tonight, but anyways, great show. RVM was a highlight for me, as well as a great version of black. Lowlight still sucks...sorry dave. Love the hard to imagine opener, as well as why go very early in the show. I\'d give it a B show, A+ if your only a casual fan.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:01 am »
I really wish I was going tonight as well since sat. Was my only show of the tour thus far. It will be nearly impossible to get to mansfield from tribecca in time for ed to take his first swig from the wine bottle.

Man, I still can\'t believe that mansfield I didn\'t get any of the bust outs and such of this tour: no watchtower, Garden, wma, leash, rats, all night. Material they have been sprinkling over sets. Who\'s got my m my extra for the beacon show? :chin:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:21:50 pm by StringerBell »

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2008, 10:08:25 am »
Eddie solo east coast tour in aug.

DC shows on ticketbastard already

rumor is aug 1 & 2 at the boston opera house!!!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:53 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;194866
Eddie solo east coast tour in aug.

DC shows on ticketbastard already

rumor is aug 1 & 2 at the boston opera house!!!

good god i NEED to be at these shows
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2008, 04:25:20 pm »
ed solo tour.....go to pearljam.com for details.

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2008, 05:24:51 pm »
Ed Solo tix = $75!

So, I listened to a Hartford audience recording and :holyshit: you guys weren\'t joking. They must have still been buzzing from MSG II and the Ace Frehley and Ramone appearance. That may be one of the top Porches of all time. Mike was insane!! It sounded like some other band during that jam. That was not a Pearl Jam jam. In fact, I\'m likely to purchase this boot as well as maybe Bonnaroo and my show. Wow.

Also, how cool is the ten club for making all the ten club tickets random instead of given out by seniority this year? I hope to hell they keep it this. I actually discontinued by membership last year because I had such a high number and didn\'t have a shot in hell at getting a good fan club seat.  I just rejoined today ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:29:04 pm by StringerBell »