Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 29381 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2008, 09:05:00 am »
Quote from: davepeck;184701
i figured as much, considering the schedule of current shows is pretty retarded (starting in camden, they play THU, SUN, TUE, WED, FRI, MON). i was guessing they\'d bookend the MSG shows though, and add 1-2 to Mansfield. i guess i\'m psyched for more shows, but i really really hate what they\'re charging for tickets ($74 each; $84 for MSG). hmmm...

exactly what i was thinking. from the price of tix, i\'m really only planning on hartford then the first boston show if it\'s official. I hate missing another local show (boston 2) but at 75 bucks a pop, i just can\'t afford it
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2008, 10:33:56 am »
I might have been the first one to pull tickets since I was on fast internet exactly at 10 and best available was lawn??!?!?!?!?!?  WTF!!!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2008, 10:53:58 am »
you need to wait and keep going back in all morning and you\'ll see the better seats open up. Also, with pearl jam I have been very sucessfull in the past getting to the venue at like 10am and standing in line for extra ticket releases which are usually good front sections. If not, you buy the seats someone else in line has. If they have middle section and score front, you buy their middle since it\'s still better than your lawn. I\'ve probably done this for at least a dozen pj shows.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2008, 01:25:23 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;185507
you need to wait and keep going back in all morning and you\'ll see the better seats open up. Also, with pearl jam I have been very sucessfull in the past getting to the venue at like 10am and standing in line for extra ticket releases which are usually good front sections. If not, you buy the seats someone else in line has. If they have middle section and score front, you buy their middle since it\'s still better than your lawn. I\'ve probably done this for at least a dozen pj shows.

that\'s a good move, I\'m going with a bunch of people so will probably just hang in the lawn for this show, maybe i\'ll try that for the second boston show if it becomes offical

ticketmaster just got blocked at work, can somebody please check to see if the Sat. June 28th show went on sale today??? I just heard it did and I can\'t get tickets

ok, just almost had a heart attack, I got tix for sat. but once again, they are shitty
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:25:23 pm by weekapaug19 »

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2008, 12:45:21 pm »
Pearl Jam Reteams With Brendan O\'Brien For New Album

Pearl Jam has started recording its ninth studio album with producer Brendan O\'Brien, guitarist Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW yesterday (May 1). Though only "four or five" songs are being worked on so far, McCready said the band is hoping to release the record in 2008.

The new effort, a follow-up to its self-titled 2006 album, finds Pearl Jam reteaming with longtime producer Brendan O\'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine) for the first time since 1998\'s "Yield." O\'Brien has also produced Pearl Jam\'s "Vs." (1993), "Vitalogy" (1994) and "No Code."

The two parties first reunited last year to record a cover of the Who\'s "Love Reign O\'er Me" for the soundtrack to the Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me."

"Brendan works really fast," Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament told Billboard.com in March. "He\'s a super pro. I\'ve always felt, working with him, that he understood me as a bass player and that\'s not always easy. A lot of producers are there to please the singer. But I\'ve always had a great rapport with him. I can tell him I want something to sound like the O\'Jays or Led Zeppelin or PJ Harvey and he gets it."

"We\'ve always been friends," O\'Brien told Billboard.com last fall. "They were great to me when we were making records together [before], and we still remained very good friends ... I still think they\'re a great band. Eddie [Vedder] has one of the best, if not the best, voices out there. When he sings, people believe them."

As previously reported, Pearl Jam is about to embark on a 13-date East Coast tour that runs from June 11-30.

In an effort to support Portland, Ore., U.S. Senate candidate Steve Novick, the band has set aside special tickets to its sold-out shows in New York, Camden, N.J., and Washington, D.C., that include donations to Novick\'s campaign. Novick donation tickets to the Washington, D.C., show include access to a meet-and-greet with guitarist Stone Gossard.

Last month, Gossard was among a group of musicians that also included R.E.M.\'s Michael Stipe, the Decemberists\' Colin Meloy, Sleater-Kinney\'s Corin Tucker and Spoon\'s Britt Daniel who released a letter of support for the candidate.

Pearl Jam\'s eponymous 2006 album peaked at No 2 on The Billboard 200 and lead single "World Wide Suicide" reached No. 1 on the Modern Rock chart.

BILLBOARD.com

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
Fuck yeah!

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2008, 10:39:15 am »
From the PJ board.....

PEARL JAM, FOO FIGHTERS AND THE FLAMING LIPS PAY TRIBUTE TO LEGENDARY ROCK BAND THE WHO IN THIRD ANNUAL “VH1 ROCK HONORS” PREMIERING THURSDAY, JULY 17 AT 9:00PM*

FROM THE PAULEY PAVILION IN LOS ANGELES

TICKETS TO GO ON SALE SUNDAY, JUNE 8 WITH PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE EFFORTS OF MULTIPLE CHARITIES

The Night Will Also Feature An Unforgettable Live Performance By The Who

NEW YORK, NY, May 21, 2008 – VH1 has just confirmed that critically acclaimed, multi-platinum rock bands Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters along with the Grammy Award-winning rock band The Flaming Lips will perform at the network’s third annual “VH1 Rock Honors” celebration honoring legendary rock band The Who.

This year’s event will deliver a night of high-voltage tribute performances by the three bands all leading up to the spectacular grand finale performance by The Who as they rock the stage. Additional performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed. As a result of The Who’s revolutionary and era-defining influence on rock music, this will be the first “VH1 Rock Honors” that salutes just one band.

Taping in Los Angeles at the Pauley Pavilion on the campus of UCLA on July 12, “VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” will premiere on Thursday, July 17 at 9pm* on VH1, VH1 Classic and MHD. VH1.com will also offer select performances from the show leading up to and following the on-air premiere at Rock.VH1.com. The Who’s monumental legacy will be celebrated with a 2 – hour tribute that will salute the music and the lasting impact of this groundbreaking band. The influence of The Who will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today’s premiere rock acts as well as the legends themselves.

On Friday, June 6, tickets will go on sale to WHOLIGANS, members of The Who Fan Club (thewho.com). The general public on sale will be on Sunday, June 8. All tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the efforts of multiple charities including The Teenage Cancer Trust, the Double O Charity, VH1 Save The Music Foundation and select VH1 Classic Rock Autism organizations.

Check soon for honoree profiles, exclusive online programming, show information and more at Rock.VH1.com. Additional VH1.com and VH1 Mobile efforts around “VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” will be announced in the coming weeks.

“VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” is sponsored by Taco Bell Corp and Garnier® Fructis®.

“VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” is directed by David Mallet and executive produced by Greg Sills and Lee Rolontz and Rick Krim for VH1. Paul Flattery and Patrizia DiMaria serve as producers with David Wild as co-producer.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2008, 12:21:20 pm »
This sounds like a great show.  That being said, I feel that The Who should go off into the sunset and let us remember the way they were.  I\'m not even going to comment on the last tour, but to bill themselves (Daltry and Townshend) as The Who doesn\'t give Moon and The Ox any credit.  If you want to tour and play Who tunes then tour as Dalty/Townshend or Townshend/Daltry (which is essentially what these tours amount to).
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2008, 09:31:22 am »
Fans/Friends/Customers:

Pearl Jam is pleased to present the anticipated bootleg program available for the 2008 US tour, made-to-order with mobile, digital and CD options.

The plan is to expand the bootleg program for the upcoming 2008 tour to include three different options for fans seeking to obtain bootleg recordings of the live shows. High-quality digital downloads and burn-to-order CDs of the entire show will be available following each show date exclusively via the Ten Club, at http://www.pearljam.com. In addition, mobile bootlegs of three live tracks per show will be released following the show on V CAST Music phones and at http://www.pearljamconcerts.com through Verizon Wireless.

Pearl Jam\'s twelve-date 2008 U.S. Tour kicks off June 11th in West Palm Beach and wraps up on June 30th in Boston. For a full list of Pearl Jam\'s tour dates and more detailed information on the bootleg program, please visit http://www.pearljam.com.

Also ... check out our new friends over at Buzznet.com (http://http://www.buzznet.com/tags/pearljam/) for updates on the current Pearl Jam tour.

Enjoy the ride!

10club staff

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2008, 10:13:16 am »
Opened with Oceans last night....did not expect to read that at all.

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2008, 10:19:40 am »
2008-06-11 West Palm Beach

Main Set: Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, Gods Dice, Given to Fly, Faithfull, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even Flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do the Evolution, Why Go.

Encore 1: Inside Job, Betterman, Comatose, RearViewMirror.

Encore 2: Ed Solo: Rains on Me (Tom Waits), No More, Full Band: Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

---

i have a boner.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2008, 11:16:13 am »
Wow. I\'d love a Who you are @ Tweeter.

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2008, 11:29:36 am »
last who you are: 1998-03-09 :wah:

SkyePrizm

• separator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2008, 11:37:45 am »
Quote from: davepeck;192829
last who you are: 1998-03-09 :wah:

DAMN!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2008, 06:52:29 am »
Bonnaroo Setlist (3 Hours)

Main Set
: Hard to Imagine, Corduroy, ALL NIGHT!!, Why Go, Small Town, Down, Who You Are, Severed Hand, Half Full, Evenflow, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Pop, Gone, Reign O\'er Me, Evolution, RVM

Encore 1: WMA!!!, Betterman/Save It For Later, Black, Life Wasted, Crazy Mary, Porch

Encore 2
: No More, Release, Alive, All Along the Watchtower
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen