Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 29378 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
:wah:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2006, 03:30:44 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
:wah:

so who\'s sneaking me down to the dry area
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2006, 08:16:11 am »
5-9-06    Set 1 Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Better Man, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go
Encore 1 Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive
Encore 2 Porch, Rockin\' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

5/10/06----Set 1 Release, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Unemployable, Dissident, Even Flow, Corduroy, I Am Mine, Low Light, Whipping, You Are, I Got Id/(Cinnamon Girl), Better Man/(Save it for Later), Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Black, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1 Wasted Reprise/Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, State Of Love And Trust, Do The Evolution, Alive
Encore 2 Go, Crazy Mary, Fuckin\' Up, Indifference, Yellow Ledbetter

missed my release opener by a day....hopefully in hartford...might be in line for a garden on friday
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2006, 08:32:10 am »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2006, 08:40:15 am »
nice find....i really need to get a cable modem at home

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2006, 12:56:48 pm »
less than 7 hours . . .

should be down in albany by 5 for a little pre-game festivities.  
I won\'t be in boston show but I believe both of my brothers are going
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 01:50:38 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2006, 02:18:37 pm »
rain, rain, go away. :(

this show is over 2 hours 48 minutes long! That\'s what I like to see!
torrent

Quote from: dave
Pearl Jam
May 10, 2006 Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON

LENGTH: 168:43:20

TRACKS:
01 Release
02 World Wide Suicide
03 Life Wasted
04 Severed Hand
05 Hail Hail
06 Unemloyable
07 Dissident
08 Even Flow
09 Corduroy
10 I am Mine
11 Low Light
12 I Dont Want To Go, From Toronto > Whipping
13 You Are
14 I Got Shit
15 Cinnamon Girl (part of)
16 Betterman (Save It For Later)
17 Jeremey
18 Marker In The Sand
19 Black
20 Rearview Mirror

Encore I
22 Wasted Reprise
23 Man of the Hour
24 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
25 Brazil, Canada and Tour Talk
26 State Of Love and Trust
27 Do The Evolution
28 Alive

Encore II
30 Dont Go, Dont Leave Us, Toronto
31 Go
32 Happy Birthday to Sean Kinney (AIC)
33 Crazy Mary
34 Fucking Up #
35 Indifference $
36 Yellow Ledbetter > Beast of Burden (part of)

MY PERSONAL NOTES:
-First off, I have been a fan since i received Nevermind and Ten for Christmas in 1991, but, I must confess, this is my first Pearl Jam show. So I cannot compare this with previous shows like many of you. On one hand that is a good thing because I went into this show expecting the regular type of performance. The downside is that now I will base every show I go to from now against this one and undoubtedly they will not even come close. Many people say after a show that it was "the best show they\'ve ever seen", then days, months, and years pass and they same the same thing about another show. Well, I cannot do that. There is no match for what I experienced on this night. There is no concert to compare this to. Do i regret not seeing Pearl Jam over the past 15 years? Not one bit. I think of it as the past 15 years I have been a fan culminating into one final hurrah that I can remember for the rest of my time here.

Thank you, Pearl Jam,

Dave
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:19:26 pm by FrankZappa »

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2006, 11:48:38 am »
Quote from: 2006-05-12 - Pepsi Arena; Albany, NY
Set: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman, Given To Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Off He Goes, Gone, Grievance, Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Comatose, Why Go

Encore 1: You Got To Hide Your Love Away, Satan\'s Bed, Wishlist, Rats, Porch

Encore 2: Last Kiss, Come Back, Sad, Crazy Mary, Alive

Notes: This is the first time Satan\'s Bed has been played since State College 5/3/2003, and only the second time since 1996. This is the first time Rats has been played since West Palm Beach 9/23/1998.

fantastic show last night! Red Mosquito, Satan\'s Bed, and Rats?! :wah: wow.

won\'t be posting my recording, unfortunately.. i got the whole thing, but it sounds very overdriven, even though the levels look ok.. think i need a new battery for my mics, which i\'ll be picking up before the show tonight.

RadicalRich1138

Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2006, 12:49:59 pm »
davepeck maybe i\'ll see you on lot guy!  leaving in about an hour!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2006, 01:30:13 pm »
were heading out soon but grabbing food in hartford before the show. I\'ll be sporting the nets 10 blaylock jersey. No idea where our seats are yet.

see ya tonight! heres to clear skies!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2006, 11:34:58 pm »
wow.
section 200 row p, center stage directly in front of eddie.

hilights
I\'m open, slight of hand, unemployable, inside job, why go, garden, the rain holding off, a very drunk eddie and being home from a pearl jam show less than 30 minutes after they leave the stage :wah:

wow.

Soundcheck: Inside Job, U, I\'m Open

Set: Severed Hand, Worldwide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Unemployable, Corduroy, Betterman, Why Go, Garden, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: I\'m Open, Sleight Of Hand, Comatose, Do The Evolution

Encore 2: Go, Alive, Rockin\' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

NOTE: This is the first time I\'m Open has ever been played live (although it has been soundchecked in the past).

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2006, 01:05:57 am »
damn, and i thought *we* got outta there quick!

funny that 2 of paul\'s highlights are 2 of my gripes.. first, i thought tonight paled in comparison to last night. a lot of different songs, which was good, but a very mellow show overall, i thought.

i\'m open = possibly the most meh pearl jam song ever. first time played live? great. whatever.

the new garden BLOWS!!! way to take a good song and ruin it. i hate it.

my highlight = rearviewmirror.

the show wasn\'t bad, but it would probably rank close to the bottom out of all the PJ shows i\'ve seen..

RadicalRich1138

Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2006, 01:33:31 am »
first show, i had a fucking sweet time, highlights being

E2:Alive, RITFW, Yellow Lebetter

three songs i wanted to hear most, all second encore, quality!

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2006, 04:11:40 pm »
Friday was a great show....satin\'s bed????  SICK!  Hopefully you 10c members had great seats, I was right next to the soundboard in the back so I couldn\'t really see anything that good.  The porch was good also.  The jam at the end of alive got pretty intense.  no guitar jam in crazy mary???

I thought Hartford was better (in some ways) because the crowd seemed more into it than Albany (around me at least).  Was up on the lawn last night and thank god it didn\'t rain, but there was quite a mud fight which always ruins a good time for most except the 4 drunk college assholes who think it\'s funny to throw mud at people.  Dave, definetly like the old garden better, but it\'s not that bad.  why go was great both nights.....o ya...RATS!!!!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2006, 05:01:28 pm »
The sun is the only thing that could have made last nights show better (for me).  I loved the song selection and energy.  Scalped my way off the lawn as insurance against the rain, but split time between inside and out.  Sound was better inside, but the view from the screens outside was worth the walk (plus I\'m not a big fan of people, and Mike side outside was nice and wide open).

Highlights:  Hail Hail, Inside Job, Rearview

I was in the pisser for I\'m Open, I\'m gonna side with Peck and claim that the song sucks and that I\'m glad I was out of ear shot for it.

Lowpoints... not many.  Well, because I\'m an old man, I\'m gonna say that I didn\'t need the two closers.