Poll

What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?

nner Glimpse
6 (5.7%)
era Street
5 (4.8%)
leeping Beauty
7 (6.7%)
oughboy
9 (8.6%)
ravity
19 (18.1%)
o Regret
6 (5.7%)
airy
6 (5.7%)
core
9 (8.6%)
imension 5
8 (7.6%)
resh Cut
5 (4.8%)
he Grand Scheme Of Things
25 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: What is your favorite track on \'Real Radio\'?  (Read 49354 times)

bonzo

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2005, 10:16:30 am »
sleeping beauty tims gutar is out of control

peaches626

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2006, 12:24:47 am »
sorry to bring this back but i was browsing the polls and decided i had to throw my two cents in.... after that gravity at stone church, there is no way it isnt my favorite breakfast song ever right now    siiiickness
taints rule, gypsies drool!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2006, 06:28:38 am »
ahh, but mr. peaches, the Stone Church Gravity, or any other performance of the song should have absolutely no bearing on your opinion in this poll...

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2006, 09:29:50 am »
Quote from: davepeck
ahh, but mr. peaches, the Stone Church Gravity, or any other performance of the song should have absolutely no bearing on your opinion in this poll...

Damn Skippy Dave!!!

Oh BTW...  
[BANANA]The Grand Scheme of Things = Ser Face Ownage[/BANANA]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:39:09 am by Dyed_Tie »
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2006, 05:34:55 pm »
peaches, im going to give the Stone Church Gravity a listen tonight cuz ive heard its nasty, Gencs has praised it a few times so it must be great. if you love the song that much, download 11.9.05 @ The Tonic Room, easily my favorite version to date (although Stone Church hasnt had a spin yet). this version is smoookin, and ill never forget Cornbread standing outside the window behind Adrian playing the craziest airdrums ever with a big ass toofless smile.. im also a huge fan of the 4.20.05 Escher\'s/Gravity sangwich, disgusting.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

peaches626

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2006, 10:56:01 pm »
thanks for the info gordo... ill be on the hunt immediately for said shows....
and to senor peck, i argue that every version of any song on said album is what makes a song what it is for me....... i cant help but be biased:strong:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2006, 11:07:37 pm »
Quote from: peaches626
thanks for the info gordo... ill be on the hunt immediately for said shows....
and to senor peck, i argue that every version of any song on said album is what makes a song what it is for me....... i cant help but be biased:strong:

But your argument would hold no water as any version you cite is a live version and NOT a track on the studio album. This poll is specific to studio tracks on the studio album Real Radio. So yeah Dave is right.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

peaches626

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2006, 08:24:04 pm »
ok.... so then no matter what you say gravity is my favorite track on real radio for whatever reasons i choose.....  i then choose not to share with you the reasons for my choice....

Whathefunk

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2006, 08:58:10 pm »
Quote from: peaches626
ok.... so then no matter what you say gravity is my favorite track on real radio for whatever reasons i choose.....  i then choose not to share with you the reasons for my choice....

correct me if i\'m wrong but i think the question at hand is the difference between a track and a song.  While i agree that gravity is your fav song on real radio, you might find that the \'track\' does not do the \'song\' justice and for the sake of argument, lets just say you like the job they did on score with the horns because although you like the \'song\' live, the \'track\' on real radio is much improved with the AGP horn section.  With me? But also, you could just be like me where Gravity is not only your fav song it is also your favorite track because you also like what they did with the song on the album, for example, i absolutely die when they go into the jam after the line "Showing me the gravity - heaviest in this land - lets listen to a band" and ron\'s bassline utterly slows down time and then it slowly speeds back up as they progress and when it comes back in full force tim does this wah\'d out funky rhythm and overdubbs a sick riff that just blows my mind, which live he could not possibly pull off (well i guess he could do anything with the boomerang) but he could not do when real radio was released.  So basically my point being that i think you might be mistaking the word \'song\' with \'track\'.:)

peaches626

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2006, 09:57:42 pm »
i guess my point is that people are reading too deeply into my exact sentence structuring in trying to explain my favorite track on the cd.... gravity is my favorite track on real radio
gravity was the sickest song at newmarket
these are now two seperate declarative sentences
over and out
10-4

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2006, 11:03:31 am »
My point is still [BANANA]The Grand Scheme of Things = Ser Face Ownage[/BANANA]
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2006, 11:25:57 am »
:that:
Postcount +1.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2006, 03:22:31 pm »
Wow, going through this thread from the beginning has made me realize that I went through a seriously really bitchy phase. Sorry about that. I\'m going to blame it on living in Nashwag, errr, Nashua.
Masturbation in the MFA

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2006, 05:20:36 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Wow, going through this thread from the beginning has made me realize that I went through a seriously really bitchy phase. Sorry about that. I\'m going to blame it on living in Nashwag, errr, Nashua.

phase huh?  is that what they\'re calling it now?

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2006, 06:04:50 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn

now i\'m damn sure gonna reread it!  ;)