Author Topic: Setlist: 2003-07-18 - No Moore; New York, NY  (Read 4329 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2003-07-18 - No Moore; New York, NY
« on: July 21, 2003, 09:07:07 am »
I: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Escher\'s Etchings > LDZ > Gravity, Language Of The Gods, Good To Your Earhole > Food For Thought* > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Sleeping Beauty, Tribal Funk Affliction**, The Price Is Right

E: Terrapin Station > Drunk Monk Bar, The Chase

* Pizza. On average, Americans consume 18 acres of pizza a day.
** with Star Wars teases.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:16:08 pm by davepeck »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 09:22:24 am »
sorry for the late setlist... as most of you know, it was quite a crazy weekend for me. :)

very good show, with a decent turnout - especially since it was looking to be quite a doozie early on.. no moore was a pretty cool place... weird room setup, with a bar in the back, and a balcony on top, connected to another bar.. crappy PA, that was pretty much my only complaint, though it sounded ok in there.

home and in bed by 7am - ouch... got a fresh 3 hours sleep before waking up to prep for the stag... oof... good stuff though. :)

tiedyetoga

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 09:23:37 am »
Good times indeed. I think we all had a blast this weekend. Awesome times.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 01:54:57 pm »
Hey Dave I have a Third Tune after Drunk Monk Bar ?????
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 02:04:05 pm »
hmm.... my weekend was really blurry, so i don\'t really recall... i didn\'t track it out yet, so i don\'t know for sure - so you could be right.

DMB went into a really long jam, that was kinda un-DMB like... but then it came back into DMB and finished - (\'drunk monk bar, oh my god, gone to far, this means waaaaaaaaaaaaaaar\')...

:confused:

i will check and see when i get home, but mike, can you verify anything else now with that info?

tiedyetoga

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 02:20:05 pm »
I do remeber that Dave, when they were leaving Terrapin  it got real fast then drunk monk came in then it went to an awesome jam back into dmb. You could track it as Terrapin > DMB > Jam > DMB. I think that is how it went. I\'m not 100% sure though.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 02:29:01 pm »
and speaking of pizza, i should note our little pre-show jaunt...

tim had heard of a pizza place in NY that was supposedly better than sally\'s.. but he didn\'t know the name of it - only knew that it was supposedly right over the brooklyn bridge..

so tim, alex, adam, and i decided to venture off into the rain, grab a cab, and try to find this place...

our cab driver was a nervous wreck because we didn\'t know where the place was.. but we stopped and asked a group of people, and they knew exactly where we were talking about.. though we still got lost after that.

so we arrive at the place (Grimaldi\'s), and there\'s a huge Sally\'s-esque line out the door and down the block, and there\'s no way we have time to wait in it.. plus it\'s raining.. ugh...

tim ran in to see how long the wait was for takeout - 10 minutes!! :lol: so we ordered a large onion & ********, and ate it right outside the place under the awning!

it was good. actually, it was prolly the best NY pie i\'ve had to date (though i haven\'t had much). better than lombardi\'s... however, it doesn\'t touch a proverbial hair on sally\'s ass...

the mozz was fantastic. very fresh and white... sort of placed on top of everything else. looked almost like ricotta.. sauce was decent.. a little watery.. dough was good. vegetables were really good, kinda gourmet style... finely diced, etc...

expensive! $19.xx for a large... add in $10 each way for the cab, and you\'ve got a $40 pie - $5 a slice! oof.. i\'m glad i had it, and it was good, but it wasn\'t that good..

still in the hunt for someone to come close to sally\'s... hopefully our little tourney will give sally\'s a little competition... we shall see..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 02:31:14 pm »
Originally posted by tiedyetoga
I do remeber that Dave, when they were leaving Terrapin  it got real fast then drunk monk came in then it went to an awesome jam back into dmb. You could track it as Terrapin > DMB > Jam > DMB. I think that is how it went. I\'m not 100% sure though.

yeah, i\'m pretty sure that\'s how it went too, but we\'ll see...

i\'m not one to make that 3 different tracks either.. imo, that\'s all DMB.. cause then you get into \'well, where exactly did DMB1 stop and \'jam\' start??\'... just my 2 pennies..

tiedyetoga

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 02:46:13 pm »
Thats a good point. What ever they did, it just flowed.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 03:01:45 pm »
well I am really showing my bad side for not really knowing names of tunes but there is a definite long break between DMB and 3rd tune in question.

"Jordan\'s BlackJack special" is what Tim is talking about before they go in to it.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 03:14:15 pm »
you\'re right mike.. i remember that now... still can\'t remember for the life of me what it was though... hmm...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2003, 03:15:49 pm »
DUH!!!!

they played the chase... and i was too busy dancing my ass off to remember to write it down.. :D :dance2: :D

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 03:15:53 pm »
The Chase ?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 03:16:40 pm »
haha... nice post. same time and everything! beat you by a couple seconds!

tiedyetoga

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 03:23:10 pm »
Didn\'t they do another song after DMB, where the band stoped and people yelled song titles. Fredie was like you can do Adrain.