Author Topic: pb newbie  (Read 3443 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
pb newbie
« on: May 01, 2003, 06:16:13 pm »
dave,how in the world do i switch my status from pb newbie to something else?what are the other options?i am a newbie but im askin for someone else..thanks
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jefft

• pbfan
    • http://www.etree.org/jefft
pb newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 06:24:34 pm »
Freddie.. I\'d assume it is connected to the post counts...either that or you\'ve been demoted..lol
Cheap Sunglasses is a great song!

tuponlol

pb newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 07:37:22 pm »
Originally posted by jefft
Freddie.. I\'d assume it is connected to the post counts...either that or you\'ve been demoted..lol
No....just go to User CP>Edit Profile>Change Title.

davepeck

• Administrator
pb newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 07:14:02 am »
i won\'t be enabling custom titles.

your titles will change depending on your post count.

unless you\'re ser. :)

tuponlol

pb newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 01:47:56 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
i won\'t be enabling custom titles.

your titles will change depending on your post count.

unless you\'re ser. :)
Ouch.  Why does everyone put so much emphasis on post counts?

davepeck

• Administrator
pb newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 02:51:11 pm »
i wouldn\'t call it emphasis on post counts..

but by default, the two go hand in hand, unless you enable the custom titles. as of right now, i\'m not into custom titles or avatars.

i don\'t really care about high post counts. that said, you won\'t see any post-padding threads around here (word association, etc) either. i\'d just ultimately like to see an equal amount of quality posting coming from all members. i\'d like to keep the lurker:poster ratio down as much as possible too...

am i making any sense?

:hscratch:

tuponlol

pb newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 10:10:44 pm »
i wouldn\'t call it emphasis on post counts..

but by default, the two go hand in hand, unless you enable the custom titles. as of right now, i\'m not into custom titles or avatars.

i don\'t really care about high post counts. that said, you won\'t see any post-padding threads around here (word association, etc) either. i\'d just ultimately like to see an equal amount of quality posting coming from all members. i\'d like to keep the lurker:poster ratio down as much as possible too...

am i making any sense?

:hscratch:
I can understnad avatars, those thing suck up bandwidth.

However, a lot of them I really wouldn\'t consider post-padding threads.  Those are good threads to get people started and posting on the board.  It helps break the ice for people just coming here for the first time.

I would recommend leaving some kind of link so that people know which smileys are available.

davepeck

• Administrator
pb newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 08:45:35 am »
there\'s a link to the smileys on every page (with the exception of the main page), on the bottom left.

i will be posting a basic FAQ of some sort sometime this week, for people who are new to vBulletin..

tuponlol

pb newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 10:02:32 am »
there\'s a link to the smileys on every page (with the exception of the main page), on the bottom left.

i will be posting a basic FAQ of some sort sometime this week, for people who are new to vBulletin..
Good lord, you\'re worried about avatars when you have that many smilies?!  I hope you limit it to 5 smilies a post or something.

davepeck

• Administrator
pb newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 10:27:17 am »
lol... smileys are tiny, and fun... avatars are annoying... all imo, of course.. ;)

kperrelli

• http://
pb newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 11:25:30 am »
I like the assortment of smiley\'s :yay:

The Spunk section is a good ice-breaker area for new people...I think.  

Dave - are you going to have some kind of rules and regs section - what you can and can\'t post (such as word association threads)?  People are surely going to post that sort of thing...
On 5/9/03, DavePeck said "staven is really nice this time of year!!" And then I laughed...a lot rotfl

davepeck

• Administrator
pb newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 11:46:25 am »
kp -

(i\'ll be posting something else to you soon, but...)

not really gonna be any set rules or anything.. i\'ll pretty much deal with things if/when they come up.. i don\'t suspect this group to get too out of hand. ;)

btw, there\'s a funny thread about avatars HERE.