Author Topic: Site Upgrade Coming Monday 2/21 - Expect Downtime!!  (Read 2922 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Site Upgrade Coming Monday 2/21 - Expect Downtime!!
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:27:38 pm »
Hello all,

Been putting this off for a while, due to the current amount of high band activity, but i\'ve decided that the time has come to upgrade the site.

The upgrade will be coming Monday, Feb. 21. I plan on waking up very early, in order to try to have as minimal downtime as possible. That said, I can\'t give a definitive time as to when the site will be back up. But I have the day off on Monday, and this is what I\'ll be doing.

The upgrade includes installations of the new version of vBulletin (our forum software), vBPortal (what drives the site), and PhotoPost (our gallery software). There will likely be some things that need to be ironed out after the upgrade is complete, so I encourage everyone to please report any bugs in the Feedback Forum when you run into them.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the downtime. Just wanted to give you all a head\'s up so you know what to expect. Thanks!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 12:51:54 pm »
Sounds like a good day to do it!  I\'ll be heading out on my way to CA that day so I won\'t be checking the forum for about 3 days.  Now I won\'t be as overwhelmed when trying to catch up on all I\'ve missed during those days.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 01:56:45 pm »
dave, I\'m off on mondays and i\'m usually up at that time. Any help needed, give a call.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 06:53:05 pm »
Good luck with the upgrade, dave. Hope it goes smoothly.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 09:41:59 pm »
just a reminder that the site WILL be down tomorrow (monday).. i\'ll be waking up as early as i can, and will try my best to have as little downtime as possible. thanks.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 06:34:50 pm »
update:

the forum is back, the rest of the site is not. i\'m working on it, but it probably won\'t be back for a couple of days. sorry for the delay.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 09:05:49 pm »
looks awesome Dave, another job well done, alot easier on my eyes, I think so anyways, could be theyre half shut anyways.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"