Poll

Do you want to see \'Last Night\'s Setlist\' on the front page of the site?

es!! Great idea!!
17 (94.4%)
o!! Terrible idea!!
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Do you want to see \'Last Night\'s Setlist\' on the front page of the site?  (Read 4552 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
ok, this is kind of detailed, so bear with me, but i need as many people as possible to vote on this, as i\'d like to see what everyone thinks..

it would be set up in the same way the \'News\' is right now, but instead of news, it would be the latest setlist. there are pros and cons to this, which i\'m about to go into, but i personally think that having the most recent setlist(s) on the front page would be a great addition to the site...

pros:

- users who don\'t usually browse the forums will be able to see the most recent setlists.

- site would look more \'current\' and \'up-to-date\' with pretty much a daily front page update, rather than sometimes not being updated for weeks at a time when there\'s no \'news\' to be announced.

- setlists would be more accurate, more accessible, and more standardized.

- if a correction is made to a setlist, the original setlist posting will always be updated.

cons:

- users would still be able to post in setlist threads, however, they would not be able to start new threads in the Food For Thought forum. setlists would now need to be \'submitted\' (emailed to me) and posted by an administrator. however, i can assure you there would be little delay in getting a setlist up, once i receive it, and people who submit the setlists would be given full credit in the posts..

--

that\'s really the only \'con\' i could think of... if anyone else has any more questions or comments, please post them here.. otherwise, VOTE!! :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 08:53:59 am »
note: you can see more details about the process in this post...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:08:02 am »
I know where to find the setlists.  and I like the fact you see people get their thoughts on the show/ the setlist in as soon as they can after the show.  I think waiting for you to post a thread in the FFT forum ruins half the fun of getting home after a show and seeing who got on first to put their 2 cents.  

if you leave the FFT board as is, and put the most recent setlist on the mainpage, then i\'m all for it.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 10:57:57 am »
I voted no because I rarely visit the home page of the site.... I usually only check the forums, so the main forum page is what I have bookmarked... not the home page.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 10:58:59 am »
wait... would the setlist still show up in the FFT forum?  If so, I\'m cool with it.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 11:06:39 am »
marcial - yes, in the same way that See The Light forum = front page news...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 11:38:48 am »
I think it is a terrible idea Dave.

Just teasing.  I would like to see the most recent setlist front-and-center because I often forget to check out the last setlist in the FFT forum.

You have my vote!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 12:10:56 pm »
Do It do it
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 12:37:10 pm »
Originally posted by Marcial
I voted no because I rarely visit the home page of the site.... I usually only check the forums, so the main forum page is what I have bookmarked... not the home page.

Can see where you are coming from dave - it would show just how "happening" the site is, but I agree with marcial for the same reasons. As you know, I didn\'t even know there was a download page at first because I never go to the home page. Suppose it would make me!!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 12:39:47 pm »
I dont like the idea because then there is only one person who could post a particular setlist.  Dave, you do enough between this board, work, your wife and home, do you really need to be worried about getting lists posted for us junkies...

I just posted the setlist from last nights show, and if I understand correctly, I would not have been able to post it if you switch to this PT\'esqe format.....Unless you want to give me adminstrative rights...right? ;)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 12:42:05 pm »
Just had an idea. We all know that clicking the breakfast info next to th elittle vb icon at the top left hand corner of the thread takes you back to the forum index. Why don\'t you make the big logo at the top direct to the home page instead? Seems daft to have two links on the page going to the same place.
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 01:10:58 pm »
Originally posted by boombox
Can see where you are coming from dave - it would show just how "happening" the site is, but I agree with marcial for the same reasons. As you know, I didn\'t even know there was a download page at first because I never go to the home page. Suppose it would make me!!

andy, see above.. setlists would still be in Food For Thought, the same way the front page news also appears in See The Light. so you would have the setlists available from both the home page and the forums.

Originally posted by Stephengencs
I dont like the idea because then there is only one person who could post a particular setlist.  Dave, you do enough between this board, work, your wife and home, do you really need to be worried about getting lists posted for us junkies...

doesn\'t bother me. i\'m on the forum and email all day. i check both when i wake up every morning at 4:00am. doesn\'t take much effort for me to copy and paste an email into a new thread on the forum..

I just posted the setlist from last nights show, and if I understand correctly, I would not have been able to post it if you switch to this PT\'esqe format.....Unless you want to give me adminstrative rights...right? ;)

right. you would have emailed it to me, and i would have posted it.. or todd would have called me, and i\'d have posted it.. like i said, there would really be a minimal delay in getting setlists up..

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck

andy, see above.. setlists would still be in Food For Thought, the same way the front page news also appears in See The Light. so you would have the setlists available from both the home page and the forums.

My bad - must admit to not having read the other posts properly before posting myself. As long as there is still access to the setlist on the board, then it shouldn\'t really worry anyone.

(You can also change my vote to a YES)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 06:11:38 pm »

dave, I\'m in work at 4a tuesday through saturday. I can repost as long as you route the setlist post into my account. Only people online when I check it are boombox and myself. stragllers like chrisf you and todd wake up around 6, most other people forget about it - passed out till 8ish. If you could cover sunday monday, I\'ve got your back the rest of the week.

-p
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 07:58:14 pm »
I think that this is a great idea. Would side projects be posted?
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown