Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-01-21 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 16793 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-01-21 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« on: January 22, 2005, 03:19:10 am »
I: jam* > No Glove No Love, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Bugs, Doughboy, Dimension 5 > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Tribal Funk Affliction > Tom Sawyer > Tribal Funk Affliction, Inner Glimpse, LDZ > HDX

II: Guitar Solo > No Regret > What The Funk** > See The Light^ > Peaches En Regalia, Hard Luck Harry > Sleeping Beauty > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Drum Solo^^, Whole Lotta Love#

E: The Chase##

Code: [Select]
[i] * The band joined \'The Humpty Dance\' (Digital Underground) playing over the PA,
   as it faded out.
** unfinished.
 ^ inverted.
^^ with full band ending.
 # Led Zeppelin cover; first time played; with Ian Schumacher on acoustic guitar
   & vocals; with \'Dazed And Confused\' jam.
## "Jack Frost nipping at your nuts." (in place of the \'evil laugh\'); with \'Freedom\'
   (Rage Against The Machine) ending.[/i]

:holyshit:

wow. better than the last Sully\'s show, and that\'s saying a LOT. never seen sully\'s so stuffed... incredible.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 03:25:03 am »
A truly classic performance. Great Big tore and set the stage. Tribal Sawyer was the highlight of one of the best Breakfast sets I\'ve ever heard. See the Light and Hard Luck were my favorites from the second. Great drum solo and singing by Ian. Pumped crowd. Packed. Frozen.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 03:28:15 am »
Damn what was the Guitar solo like? Damn if Joc did not go and is going tomorrow she missed HLH again  :doh:  Did the full band ending to the drum solo come w/ any rockstar antics?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Mamalakabubadaya

Re: Setlist: 01/21/05 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 03:53:25 am »
Originally posted by davepeck
wow. better than the last Sully\'s show, and that\'s saying a LOT. never seen sully\'s so stuffed... incredible.

that\'s hard to accept...wish i could of made it

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 11:36:20 am »
Absolutely on fire last night! Never seen anything like it. Wow!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 11:57:25 am »
Originally posted by leith
Damn what was the Guitar solo like? Damn if Joc did not go and is going tomorrow she missed HLH again  :doh:  Did the full band ending to the drum solo come w/ any rockstar antics?

guitar solo - nothing too crazy.. just kinda like a 1-1.5 minute intro to NR (you could tell it was gonna be NR by the first note in the \'solo\')..

jocelyn - yeah, i didn\'t even realize that! though, on the bright side (is this a bright side?), the blizzard we\'re getting may keep her from tonight\'s show..

drum solo ending - not really, just you\'re typical \'bigfinisheveryoneplayasmanynotesasyoucanreallyloud\' ending.. :)

also, a LOT of new faces in the crowd last night. great to see, even if it was a little uncomfortable in sully\'s..

pitchie mentioned GBFBITS - this one\'s got my nomination for the best one ever to date.

more thoughts as i recollect them...

HarryHooood

• Above The Waves Joe
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 12:48:18 pm »
Such an amazing show.  I didn\'t think anything could possibly top that last Sully\'s show, but I was wayyyyy off.  :jawdrop:  <--- I made that face at least 49 times last night.  The boys were on fire from the first note of the show until the last.  And tight as hell, taboot.  Highlights for me were the Tribal>Sawyer>Tribal and What The Funk>See The Light>Peaches.  Whole Lotta Love with Boooooo-macher on the acoustic was great, with Tim\'s effect pedals getting a nice workout.  

Wish I was goin\' tonite, but between the snow and Timmy Tour/Breakfast, there was no way I\'d make it to Maine alive, no matter how much Walshy tried convincing me to go :lol:  (Sorry Walsh... enjoy the birthday show!)

Oh, and p.s.-  
pitchie mentioned GBFBITS - this one\'s got my nomination for the best one ever to date.

Dave, I second that.  It\'s got my vote

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 01:32:35 pm »
Sick show last night......I brought a couple people for their first show and now the band has some new fans.  Walsh, nice meeting ya and calling six flags it\'s true name, Riverside (home of the wildcat).  Can\'t believe i gotta wait two weeks before I can see the boys rip it up again.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 01:54:39 pm »
show has almost sunk in. The Great Big has been mentioned but i have to bring it up again...SICK!! The whole night was tremendous. I could watch Adrian the whole night from that little perch...amazing. Love the \'crunchiness\' of the SG during Peaches and What the Funk.    Dobs, i hate to do this, but you did a fine job.. and caught you jammin/dancin like a fool behind that board! very unprofessional! ;)  

I tell you what ...we or the band need to put together a Sullys box set from the past shows. I mean, there is some quality stuff there. like 4 or 5 disks with a dvd included. Id be all over it. Good to see everyone. Looks like maine is off.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 02:38:34 pm »
ser show.nuff said.if you seen it,you know..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 03:20:01 pm »
Originally posted by leith

What. The. Fuck.

Not amusing. I don\'t even want to go tonight. Screw those guys.

Also, Peaches, my favorite cover, which I hardly ever get to hear them play.

boooohissssss

yeah, i\'m upset.
Masturbation in the MFA

jason-a

• drums rule
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 06:59:59 pm »
wow what a great looking show, I knew I should have driven down there , figures I thought I would be all set seeing them tonite in portland HLH do not fret jocelyn it will happen, I was in your shoes for a while with phish, no matter what show I went to it took me for ever to get YEM, I was pissed for ever and then I finally got it three years later and it kicked ass, have faith:)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 07:02:08 pm by jason-a »

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 08:51:57 pm »
That was definitely my favorite Great Big. Nice to see Bugs go from retirement to a regular rotation member. The vocal refinement of Dimension 5 has made a great song better. The combo was a fine choice to end the set. Peaches! Who knew? I think my last one was in 2001. A treat to see the faces of some new faces during the drum solo. A treat to watch the entire place rock during Zepp. You talk about a crowd. The Chase fits anywhere. The combination of talent and the influence of the Humpty Dance is dangerous business.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 10:07:07 pm »
after the show, peck said he thought the first set from last night was better than either from the turkeytour sullys show.  at first i couldnt agree with him.  just the run of the november shows, porters>thanksgiving>knitting factory>sullys, was just an amazing breakfast run and the buildup to the sullys show made it even greater to me.  but as last nights show kept creeping in my brain, last night and into the painful swirl of I-91 at 7:30am, and further into my snowed-in couch-a-rama today, I have come to the realization that  it was...

It seems that every time I get to a show, this band is playing at least two "best version ever"s.  This is an amazing thing because it means that they keep getting better.  amazing and frightening.  with the minds and imaginations of all the creative factors in the breakfast, they have the ability to do things nobody has thought of in ways nobody could have imagined.....

sullys is my new official best place to see a breakfast show.  last night the belt changed hands from longtime champion callahans.  There are so many great angles and views to watch the show from.  the place has a great crowd and coolass environment for a venue.

my first set highlights were the amazing great big firey jam, where timmy just grabbed the crowd buy their faces and tore them off collectively....  and are you ser with the Dimension 5 > Attraction To Shade Ditty?

The No Regret > What The Funk** > See The Light^ was some of the freshest, interesting, and musically amazing music of the night.  I was not expecting a HLH especially after getting one recently on Timmy Tour, but I am still wondering what I heard. I dont think my earholes could take it by that point.  which is why I had to go for a walk to the smoking tent when Schumacher came up and Whole Lotta Love started.  I was spent physcially and I just needed a breather, well turns out I missed the best part of the evening....

which was Don (Greenleaved from the boards), falling onto timmys pedals and knocking over the micstand mid whole lotta love.  from the recounts I heard, timmy played it off and fixed it like the true rockstar he is.  thats all good, hell, I have done the same thing at a hubinger street show back in the day, but the real problem I have is not with someone who is so drunk and diggin the show that they fall into the band, the real problem i have is when someone is so drunk at an aftershow party that they leave the party with your sneakers, leaving you with their queer ass nike tennis sneakers.  good thing they fucking fit.  so don, if you are out there, i want my adidas back....

Walshy, Happy Birthday!!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 10:39:16 pm »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
which was Don (Greenleaved from the boards), falling onto timmys pedals and knocking over the micstand mid whole lotta love.  from the recounts I heard, timmy played it off and fixed it like the true rockstar he is.  

so that\'s what happened! didn\'t see any of that from the GeekStink corner, but was wondering what the hell was going on, cause it sounded like ian had some kind of weird phaser effect on his vocals.. interesting..

steve, would you mind posting your review in the review archive as well? that\'d be swell..

oh, and walsh, i second the happy birthday, even though you kissed me last night. :lol: