Author Topic: 1-9-05 Solo Timmy: Timmy Tour 05 featuring Sean Miller @ Relish in South Norwalk  (Read 1456 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
1: That Would Be Something, Don\'t Think Twice It\'s Alright, Working Class Hero, Tuning, Walk On The Wild Side, Cry Baby Cry@, Hey Hey What Can I Do, America, Listen Do You Want To Know A Secret, Little Sister#, Everyday$, Blackbird>Question Mark And The Mind, Freebird, Still Rock and Roll To Me, The Crystal Ship, Wonderwall, Watchin The Wheels, One Is The Loneliest Number, In My Life

2: You Don\'t Know How It Feels, Could This Be Magic, Tangerine, Sunny Afternoon, Space Oddity>Jam>Hits From The Bong, Lady Madonna, Paint It Black%, Isn\'t It A Pitty^, Voodoo Child>Folsom Prison Blues>Voodoo Child, House Of The Rising Sun, Boris The Spider, Fearless, Hide Your Love Away

3: Landlady tease>(my 4 song request) Rainy Day Women>Strange Design>Question&>Me and My Arrow, Something, Loser>Spoonman>Outshined$>Loser>SWLABR, Signs, Dirty Love>Peggy Sue, Words Of Love$

E: A Day In The Life>Alabama Song, I\'m So Tired, I\'m A Believer

@ lyrics changed from "cooking dinner for the queen" to "cooking Breakfast for the queen"

# midway through song Tim busts out Elvis dance moves and proceeds to do an entire Elvis dance solo, to huge response from the small but "diggin it" crowd

% w/ Fade To Black teases

^ Best Timmy Tour jam I have heard in a long long time

$ First Time Played

& Second Time Played EVER.  SICK!

This was an amazing evening.  Timmy has taken his vocals and showmanship to a whole other lever.  He is using his voice as well as his guitar as an instrument and doing beautiful things with them.  

Sean was on point the whole night and complimented Timmy in every way possible...Vocal harmonizations as well as sweet mandolin riffs and just solid tight performing.

The crowd was small.  The Timmy Tour continget was pretty small but we had a blast.  There were some other characters in the audience particularly this guy from LA who was trying to talk to me about how he knows the guys from Toto (YES, the "I bless the rain in Africa" and "Rosanna Rosanna" Toto), trying to tell me that I should get Timmy to talk to them.  I was like, "listen buddy, I am just a fan and supporter of what is going on here,  I do not get involved in the business".  He was jabbering to Timmy between sets 2 and 3, I am sure sounding like a jerkoff.  Bottom Line:  Timmy attracted some new fans last night.  Jaws were dropped.  I went out to smoke a butt at one point and there was a 10 year old kid (who was with his family) who was on a cell phone talking to someone about "this guy playing acoustic guitar and did a 20 minute solo in Freebird that was amazing"  I almost crapped right on the streets of Norwalk it was great.....

However, the best story I heard last night was from TPalms during the first setbreak.  I guess Shcumacher was playing SBC on NYE, and someone came running up to him mid-song screaming "Timmy Tour" in his face....  The thought of Schumacher playing solo at SBC on NYE and some stranger running up screaming "Timmy Tour", is just so satisfying, I need to go smoke a cigarette ever time I think about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 04:45:08 pm by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
thanks steve!  i was waitin\' for you to post this. :)