Author Topic: Trying to get 11-17-00 in circulation for everyone  (Read 1885 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Trying to get 11-17-00 in circulation for everyone
« on: January 11, 2005, 12:59:02 pm »
The 11-17-00 PB show from Butterfield at UMass continues to be my favorite show to listen to after all these years and I hope to share it with you all in the coming weeks.  My friend may very well be the only one to have a live recording of it (I think Paul Ryan had part of it taped at some point).  At the time, my friend Mike didn\'t know how to transfer mini-disk to cd so he only produced a handful of tapes.  I am hoping to track him down and see if he can get some disks of the show so we can all have them to enjoy.  Wish me luck!  

November 17th, 2000 UMASS Butterfield Amherst, MA
I: Superfly Phaddy Fat > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Eat That Phone Book Coda*, Rufus > Cut Me Some Slack, Language of the Gods, Terrapin Station^ > Wake Up in a Coma > Gladys Pimp > Drunk Monk Bar, LDZ > Stash^ > Drum Solo > May Fly Disarray
E: The Grand Scheme of Things^^ > Son of Simpleton
* Sound Difficulties / Played Again / First Time Played
^ First Time Played
^^ Phaddy Boom Baddy Tease
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 02:05:03 pm »
Sounds great Al - fantastic setlist.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:06:31 pm »
i just remember most butterfield recording sounding like dick...
if your gonna try to get something out,it should be somethin that sounds ser..like the baker quad show will work..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 02:42:36 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
i just remember most butterfield recording sounding like dick...
if your gonna try to get something out,it should be somethin that sounds ser..like the baker quad show will work..

Sounds good enough.  Do you remember that show Wah?  So Good!

Speaking of Baker Quad, burn me disks 1 and 2 because I only have disk 3 at home.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 02:45:32 pm »
np al,ill get right on it......
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 03:14:52 pm »
The LDZ>Stash segue is amazing.  Breakfast is ripping through LDZ then suddenly you find yourself listening Stash.

mvallo

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 05:31:46 pm »
alex,
If your friend Mike still has the original mini-disks, he/we should try to do a digital transfer and aviod any analog conversions.  This will produce the best possible recording.  Even is the show is incomplete or sounds like ass, it should still be archived.

also, ask him if he has any other shows?  He may have a few jems and not even know it!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 10:33:27 am »
Originally posted by mvallo
alex,
If your friend Mike still has the original mini-disks, he/we should try to do a digital transfer and aviod any analog conversions.  This will produce the best possible recording.  Even is the show is incomplete or sounds like ass, it should still be archived.

also, ask him if he has any other shows?  He may have a few jems and not even know it!

There are some recording problems with the first song but it is an otherwise good show to listen too.  Some inconsistencies in the volume at some points as well.  

If I can find the guy, I will ask him if he still has the original mini disk. He may very well have other shows that may not have been covered by others.  He threw a PB party at a house he was living at in Belchertown, MA a few years ago. Don\'t know if anyone recorded that show either.  I will definitely ask him for a list of his recordings.  We used to go to a lot of midweek doozies back in 2000/2001/2002 so he may have some lost recordings.