Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY *PHISH* Summer \'03 Thread  (Read 8384 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY *PHISH* Summer \'03 Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 09:18:47 am »
07/15/03 West Valley Amphitheater, West Valley, UT

I: AC/DC Bag, Ya Mar, Theme From The Bottom, Saw It Again, Poor Heart, Two Versions of Me, Secret Smile, Mike\'s Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

II: Mr. Completely* > Low Rider** > Big Black Furry Creature From Mars > Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature From Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature From Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It Round*, Walls Of The Cave, Golgi Apparatus, Slave To The Traffic Light

E: Sleeping Monkey

* first time played.
** instrumental.

:holyshit::holyshit::holyshit::holyshit::holyshit:

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Pa-peace!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 02:12:37 pm »
Leaving tomorrow morning for Alpine + Deer Creek.  Gonna try to make PB in Chicago on the way out.  Reviews to come!  Finally, a hot setlist!  yes yes yes....

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2003, 09:51:24 am »
07/17/03 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater; Bonner Springs, KS

I: Chalkdust Torture, Wolfman\'s Brother, Maze, Dirt, Pebbles And Marbles, Strange Design, Back On The Train, The Divided Sky

II: Tweezer > Makisupa Policeman*, Limb By Limb, Anything But Me, Horn > Waves, Cavern, Run Like An Antelope

E: Contact > Tweezer Reprise

* Keyword referenced the arrest of Phish\'s head of security; with "Dust in the Wind" teases; following Makisupa, Trey announced that the first person to call Mike\'s "Inside In" hotline, and leave a message with the name of the song that the band had just teased, would win a prize.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 09:49:13 am »
07/18/03 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre; East Troy, WI

I: Axilla, Rift, Bathtub Gin > The Mango Song, Roggae, Discern, I Didn\'t Know* > Dust In The Wind** > I Didn\'t Know, David Bowie

II: Down With Disease > Catapult, Bug, Secret Smile, Two Versions Of Me, Twist, Character Zero

E: Harry Hood

* Vacuum solo played for Dave (or Dan?), who won the "Inside In" hotline contest from the Kansas show.
**For everyone else, the first ever, world-premier of \'Dust in the Wind\' on vacuum. Remainder of band joins in.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 09:50:18 am »
07/19/03 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre; East Troy, WI

I: Sample In A Jar, Reba, Wilson, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Maze, Driver, NICU > Ya Mar, Rocky Top, Lawn Boy, Julius

II: Piper > Rock And Roll > Seven Below > Prince Caspian > You Enjoy Myself

E: Wading In The Velvet Sea

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 09:23:56 am »
07/21/03 - Verizon Wireless Music Center; Noblesville, IN

I: Cities, Runaway Jim, Meat, Water In The Sky, Stash, The Old Home Place, Vultures, Birds Of A Feather > Mike\'s Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

II: Suzy Greenberg > Taste > 46 Days > Tweezer > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Limb By Limb > Good Times Bad Times

E: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

can\'t wait to hear about this one, wolf! damn...

tiedyetoga

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 11:23:55 am »
Hey Dave I should have the shows in a few days if you need any.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2003, 01:11:29 pm »
been gettin\' them right along the way, but thanks gray..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 11:55:12 am »
07/22/03 - Verizon Wireless Music Center; Noblesville, IN

I: Punch You in the Eye, Beauty of my Dreams, Gumbo, The Divided Sky, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Carini > Magilla, Possum

II: Split Open and Melt > Free > Friday, The Lizards, Walls of the Cave

E: Bouncing Around the Room > Frankenstein

davepeck

• Administrator
haven\'t updated this thread in a while...
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2003, 02:39:27 pm »
07/23/03 - Verizon Wireless Music Center; Noblesville, IN

I: Scents and Subtle Sounds > Theme from the Bottom, Rift > Sample in a Jar, Sneaking Sally Through the Alley, Billy Breathes, Seven Below, Cavern

II: Down With Disease, Squirming Coil, Makisupa Policeman, Buffalo Bill, Run Like An Antelope*, Thunderhead, Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Waste

* Dedicated to Greg.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 02:40:48 pm »
07/25/03 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater; Charlotte, NC

I: Funky Bitch, Chalkdust Torture, Two Versions of Me, Bathtub Gin, Limb By Limb, Back On The Train, Horn, Golgi Apparatus > Character Zero

II: Drowned > Kung, Twist > Heavy Things, Harry Hood > David Bowie*

E: The Star Spangled Banner**, Bug

* with Tweezer teases.
** Performed a cappella.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2003, 02:42:50 pm »
07/26/03 - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre; Atlanta, GA

I: Wilson > Cars Trucks Buses, The Wedge, It\'s Ice, My Mind\'s Got a Mind of its Own, Wolfman\'s Brother, Mexican Cousin, Guyute > Taste

II: Piper > Mist, Waves > Tweezer > NICU* > Cavern > You Enjoy Myself**

E: Wading in the Velvet Sea > Tweezer Reprise^

* "Play it, Cactus!"
** "Boy, Man, God, IT".
^ With "Happy Birthday" teases.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2003, 02:44:18 pm »
07/27/03 - Alltel Pavilion at Walnut Creek; Raleigh, NC

I: Runaway Jim, Ya Mar, Down With Disease, The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar, Discern, Anything But Me, Llama

II: Ghost, Halley\'s Comet > Seven Below*, Tube > Prince Caspian > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Fire

E: The Squirming Coil

* with Mozambique tease. Following Seven Below, Trey said "Please welcome back Mike Gordon!" and played Charge! (substituting "Mike!" for the word "Charge!")

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2003, 07:31:45 am »

07/29/03 - Post Gazette Pavilion; Burgettstown, PA

I: Daniel, Camel Walk, Gotta Jibboo, Cool it Down, Scent of a Mule, Fee > Timber > When the Circus Comes to Town, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Golgi Apparatus

II: Crosseyed and Painless > Thunderhead, Brother, Harpua > Bittersweet Motel, Harpua, I Fooled Around and Fell in Love* > HYHU > Harpua, David Bowie

E: Farmhouse

* First time played; Fishman on vocals; with vacuum solo.

i really don\'t know what to say. any other year, i\'d be at Star Lake... if this show was 1/10 as good as it looks on paper, then this is the best phish show since at least 1997. wow.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
BUSTIN\' OUT
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2003, 01:51:46 am »
I was at the July 30th Phish show in Camden and lucky enough hear two of my favorite songs that I\'ve waited 28 shows to get: My Friend, My Friend and Fast Enough For You. The rest of show could have been anything decent and I would have been happy. So add Spock\'s Brian, Taste, Twist>Bug, a half-hour Scents and Subtle Sounds, a Stash-ish Chalkdust, a YEM with a downright disturbing vocal jam, plus a first-time Dylan cover and the rarely-played Lonesome Cowboy Bill and On Your Way Down, and you have a great show and a lot of fun. I saw seven songs for the first time. So thanks to Phish. There\'s no question that the next night looked better and if I had gone to both it\'s possible I would have thought July 31 was better. But if I could have only gone to one, it undoubtedly would have been the one I saw, simply for the bustout factor. So I caught a break. Still, the next night, Divided Sky, Mike\'s Groove. Yikes. But I\'ve seen those. I may never hear MFMF or FEFY again.

A huge thanks to Aruny for the ticket, Gray for driving there, and Adrian for driving back as I caught a ride home with the band following their show, which we missed due to post-Phish traffic, although we did paste the lot with (Philadelphia?) flyers. Most people told me PB rocked and were interested when they heard they had a show in the area. I even ran into two guys listening to Hard Luck Harry in the car. They took a flyer.

Chris Pitch