Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-12-16 - Café Nine; New Haven, CT  (Read 13847 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2004-12-16 - Café Nine; New Haven, CT
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:43:35 am »
I: Wild Pack Of Asscracks > Wake Up In A Coma > May Fly Disarray > Dig, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Dimension 5 > Lit*, May Fly Disarray**

II: Christmas Song#^, Question Mark And The Mind#, Doughboy, Space Oddity > Rufus^^ > Buquebus > Hush## > LDZ > HDX > Buquebus@

E: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot

Code: [Select]
[i] * with Egg Nog banter and \'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen\' teases.
** \'Ahoy\' ending.
 # with Sean Miller on mandolin and vocals.
 ^ Jethro Tull cover; first time played.
^^ with \'Sleigh Ride\' teases.
## with \'Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye\' jam.
 @ with \'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen\' teases.[/i]

Setlist was written mostly by Freddie and Steve, and submitted to the band before the show.

they really just keep getting better... scary..

definitely not all of the teases, but i think i got most..

incredible show. set 2 was stu. big ups to Hush. awesome.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 04:28:41 am »
this is twice now where LDZ>HDX has appeared at cafe 9 and not anywhere else. Lit and hush pretty rare too.

What can I say? The boys love the 9.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 06:36:10 am »
are you fucking SER?  I feel like an ass for not going now.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 08:42:48 am »
Doesn\'t Mayfly always have the Ahoy ending?  It seems like I\'ve never seen it specifically listed on a setlist.  Killer looking show.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:45:18 am »
Originally posted by Marcial
Doesn\'t Mayfly always have the Ahoy ending?  It seems like I\'ve never seen it specifically listed on a setlist.  Killer looking show.

yeah, but:

May Fly Disarray > Dig, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Dimension 5 > Lit*, May Fly Disarray**

that\'s why..

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 09:25:49 am »
Like I said last night.  I wil be wearing my smile from last night well into 2005....

Thanks to the band for playing the Wah/Gencs collaborative setlist.  Are you fucking SER?????

No afterparty for me last night, which explains why I am at work, spry, and ready for some Elm City Smokin Boomers tonight.....

A GREAT NIGHT AT THE 9...Yet again....
Big crowd that was into the show from the jump....

not to be a nitpicker but I would have the May Fly Disarray (No Ahoy)>Dig>GBFBITS>Dimension 5>Lit>Ahoy!  but either way I crapped my pants on at least 9 different occaisions last night....

The Great Big Jam was AMAZING and had to be near 20 or so minutes....

Forget about the Rufus>Buquebus>Hush>LDZ>HDX>Buquebus (1st buquebus>Hush right before the Adrian part and went HDX>Adrian Buquebus dialogue and Hey Hey Heys!"  

PFFFFFT!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 09:56:22 am »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
not to be a nitpicker but I would have the May Fly Disarray (No Ahoy)>Dig>GBFBITS>Dimension 5>Lit>Ahoy!  but either way I crapped my pants on at least 9 different occaisions last night....

knew that was coming. ;) there\'s a method to my madness...

though the \'ahoy\' section was played apart from MFD a few times when it was first written, there is no b\'fast song called \'ahoy\' (published, copyright-wise, or otherwise).. what we\'re calling \'ahoy\' is simply the end of MFD. otherwise, every setlist ever written should be changed to say \'May Fly Disarray > Ahoy\'.

had \'ahoy\' not been played, MFD would have been listed as unfinished. had the \'ahoy\' section been played first, MFD would have been listed as inverted.. in this case, it was just finishing the song at the end of the set..

think of it as the same reason why you never see Punch You In The Eye > The Landlady > Punch You In The Eye... though that is slightly different, since Phish actually did publish a song called The Landlady.. but... you get my drift..

Buquebhush = :drool:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 10:10:20 am »
Nice Breakdown Peck...

I just think that Ahoy! (which is obviously part of MFD) is noteworthy on any setlist, especially when it is broken away from the main chunk of may fly...  but whatever.  It\'s all SER.

There was also a Carol of The Bells teaseprise from the Boomers show on Tuesday....  I want to say it was during Buquebhush...
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 10:12:40 am »
Buquebhush...

see... now that should become permanent! ;):D:drool:

TerryOB

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 10:21:54 am »
Damn, what a night!  I can use more of those.

First off, the band rocked, as usual.  They were on fire from start to finish.  

The bar was a little crowded during the first set but I had much more room second set.   Cafe Nine grew on me more and more as the night went on.

For some reason, I decided to drive all the way from New Haven to Fairfield after the show and THEN drove back to Robyn\'s apt in Hamden at 2:30AM.  

Why?  Because I am an idiot.  I didn\'t get there until close to 3:30AM.

I left the party to drive home around 5:30 or so.   People there were STILL arguing over the setlist at that time.  haha!

Anyways, I had a great night.  Thanks to the band and Robyn for hosting an amazing evening.

I actually don\'t feel THAT bad today at work considering I\'m operating on less than two hours of sleep.  I very well might rally and do it all again tonight.  We\'ll see how the day progresses...

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 10:31:24 am »
wow.  just, wow.

great to see everyone.

terry, i meant to say hi but i didn\'t see ya after the show.  sorry bout that.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 10:35:48 am »
Originally posted by TerryOB

I left the party to drive home around 5:30 or so.   People there were STILL arguing over the setlist at that time.  haha!

I am so glad I made the "smart" late night decision.  It\'s been a while since I have made a veteran move.  Last night was one.  I am sure the afterparty was interesting to say the least, for terry to hit it up at 3am, I can only imagine that the shit was goin DOWN.....  no wonder there are 5 people logged on this morning.....gotta love it....

ELM CITY SMOKIN BOOMERS
TONIGHT!!!!

TerryOB

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 10:44:53 am »

I am so glad I made the "smart" late night decision.  It\'s been a while since I have made a veteran move.  Last night was one.  I am sure the afterparty was interesting to say the least, for terry to hit it up at 3am, I can only imagine that the shit was goin DOWN.....  no wonder there are 5 people logged on this morning.....gotta love it....

ELM CITY SMOKIN BOOMERS
TONIGHT!!!!

Yeah, I should have known better and taken today off from work.  I have 10 vacation days that I may as well use at times like this.  Oh well.  Next time.

it will be interesting to see who shows up online and at what time.  Robyn claimed she was going to teach at 6:30.  I can only imagine having twenty kids to deal with right now.  I\'m in a quiet office and my head is spinning enough as it is.

TerryOB

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 10:46:10 am »
Originally posted by daffodil
wow.  just, wow.

great to see everyone.

terry, i meant to say hi but i didn\'t see ya after the show.  sorry bout that.

hey Lope,

didn\'t realize that was you.  had to check your profile to find out.

glad you had a good time.  but then again, how could anyone NOT have fun last night?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:51:56 am »
Originally posted by TerryOB

it will be interesting to see who shows up online and at what time.  Robyn claimed she was going to teach at 6:30.  I can only imagine having twenty kids to deal with right now.  I\'m in a quiet office and my head is spinning enough as it is.

If I had to go teach after a breakfast show, I would end up strangling kids.....