Author Topic: The Breakfast Featured in New Issue of Relix Magazine!  (Read 11351 times)

aJwvof

• http://
The Breakfast Featured in New Issue of Relix Magazine!
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2004, 04:52:04 pm »
congrats guys!! saw it today in the mailbox was glad to see them getting some love almost as good as that article on jambands.com awhile back ha ha

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2004, 05:01:14 pm »
Can someone bring Relix to Porter\'s?  I would like to see the article.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2004, 05:02:18 pm »
Originally posted by alexanderzurflu
Can someone bring Relix to Porter\'s?  I would like to see the article.

I think Todd has fashioned his copy into some sort of necklace so he can wear it anywhere he goes ;)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2004, 05:20:30 pm »
Edited to write an apology for my part in getting this thread off topic.

Read the article and it was nice to see the band mentioned on the cover as well as getting some good press.

Sorry to all for pissin\' and moaning.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 07:47:58 pm by kindm's »
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2004, 08:35:20 pm »
I think you\'re partially right Mike, we shouldn\'t be wasting all of our time at shows "judging" others. Sure, we\'re there for the music etc etc.

Except for I can\'t help but feel a bit of disdain for those who try too hard to be anything. That goes for those who try so hard to be ANTI-everything as well. ESPECIALLY those people. So, I don\'t know who I agree more with here. I guess I don\'t go out of my way to make fun of anyone, I don\'t feel comfortable doing that really, but I can\'t help it if from time to time I get a chuckle watching some people on the dance floor. Also, as I\'ve said before, when someone comes up to me and says, "Hey, dreaddy mama...." Oh, god I hate that.

Incidentally, it took me probably 4 shows before I could do anything that even resembled dancing to FFT. I realized that I can only dance to it if I don\'t try to dance to it. Got to let it go, don\'t ya know.

Edited to fix the fact that I typed one word three times in a row.
Masturbation in the MFA

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2004, 02:24:32 am »
Originally posted by alexanderzurflu
Are your eyes fixed on the stage from the first note to the last?

Pretty impressive if you can make that claim!

I\'ll give it a try at Porter\'s on Wed.

I can say other than when I have my eyes closed or a little hottie is in front of me my eyes are FIXED on the 4 guys creating magic. I really enjoy watching Tim mouth notes to himself, Ron jumping around biggest smile possible raging, Jordan w/ that bemused look on his face as he whales away watching Tim, and trying to see more of Adrian than his flailing arms is a chore in itself. i will admit to being a person nay HIPPIE that dances quite radically due to allowing the music to move me. I try real hard to be aware of my surroundings but sometimes space is limited then it becomes a matter of keeping space and elbows are real handy for that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

psychjosh

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2004, 11:14:50 am »
cograts.. it\'s about time they wrote something!
Well done Diana.
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Awaiting freddies "WTF????" responce
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2004, 12:14:06 pm »
Originally posted by jocelyn

Incidentally, it took me probably 4 shows before I could do anything that even resembled dancing to FFT. I realized that I can only dance to it if I don\'t try to dance to it. Got to let it go, don\'t ya know.

Food for though is easy to dance to:
instead of 4 beats to a bar (1-2-3-4-1), there are 13, counted as 7+6 (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-1-2-3-4-5-6-1). This gives and extra 1/2 of a beat every bar, so simply hesitate for 1/2 of a beat and you\'ll be right on.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2004, 05:34:27 pm »
I already figured that out (not so specifically) and it is that pause that always kills me. Throws me off, don\'t know what to do with myself. So, I stopped breaking it down that way and just started dancing to the damn song.

You can show me how to dance to it properly next time we hear it at a show, ok Paul? :D
Masturbation in the MFA

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2004, 05:36:17 pm »
I love to do a humpty esque dance to fft
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2004, 04:41:47 pm »
Originally posted by jocelyn
I think you\'re partially right Mike, we shouldn\'t be wasting all of our time at shows "judging" others. Sure, we\'re there for the music etc etc.

Except for I can\'t help but feel a bit of disdain for those who try too hard to be anything. That goes for those who try so hard to be ANTI-everything as well. ESPECIALLY those people. So, I don\'t know who I agree more with here. I guess I don\'t go out of my way to make fun of anyone, I don\'t feel comfortable doing that really, but I can\'t help it if from time to time I get a chuckle watching some people on the dance floor. Also, as I\'ve said before, when someone comes up to me and says, "Hey, dreaddy mama...." Oh, god I hate that.

Edited to fix the fact that I typed one word three times in a row.  

Do you have Dreads ? if Not why would someone say whats up dreaddy Mama ?

Is that like (in my best Joey from friends voice) "How You doin\' ?"

Sorry I kind of knee-jerk reacted to the post. I know what u guys / gals are saying when u at a show and people are being amusing for what ever reason and it strikes you as funny etc. I would admit to falling in to that myself sometimes.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2004, 08:54:56 pm »
Just got the issue today in the mail. Great Pics Todd!!  The article gave a nice overview of the band w/ great descriptions of various songs. Nice quotes and coverage of the current Breakfast activities.def. a keeper!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2004, 09:02:21 pm »
Originally posted by leith
Just got the issue today in the mail.  Nice quotes and coverage of the current Breakfast activities.def. a keeper!!

thanks leith..id say the quotes are the best thing about it...lol
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set