Author Topic: 11/20 - Stone Pony - Cancelled!  (Read 5601 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
11/20 - Stone Pony - Cancelled!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 12:53:07 am »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNREAL.....are we going beckwards in tome or what?????????im gonna jump on the pencildick train and say fuck breakfast!!!!!!!!!!1

:liar:

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Re: Stone Pony situation
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 07:50:59 am »
Originally posted by Steffmo
Just so you all don\'t get your panties in a wad....

I know some of the current dates, such as the New Years Eve Toads thing might be odd, But that date will pay the band well, but leave the burdon of promoting the night to Max Creek.
Vic Steffens
Producer Guy.

i find the first part to be insultaing.....better we just ignore the whole thing?
as for the other.....a lot of people have gone to extremes for the last year to travel for shows and attend timmy tour all week long and the band rewards them by getting "paid well". they might shoulder the finanial burden of promotion, but the fans spread the word.......how many will even see new years now?go get paid.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Re: Stone Pony situation
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 09:19:24 am »
Originally posted by Steffmo

Bona Fide was not really well supported by Sonance Records, so we need to really step up the game for Real Radio.

I\'m glad there is a plan for Real Radio.  Not sure if there was one in 2003.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 09:38:27 am »
are we going beckwards in tome or what?????????im gonna jump on the pencildick train and say fuck breakfast!!!!!!!!!!1

I like the way vic has been stepping in like a voice of god and just giving information to calm the group whenever the tribes down here start worshipping false idols. :P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

psychjosh

my .02 cents
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2004, 10:30:40 am »
for what it;s worth..
when ever a band goes through changes.. management, label.. whatever.. there are growing pains and a period of time when everything seems a bit in the air..

it appears to be happening here and it\'s ok. Musically the band sounds better than ever and I am sure the powers that be will get things pointed in the right direction. Everyone involved on the bands behalf are more than compitent to get the job done.

IMO the biggest concern is promoting shows which falls greatly on the band and not on their handlers as much.

My advise! Show continued support - help the band promote shows and push them to work as hard as you do on their behalf.

PS! on a personal note! thanks to everyone.. including the band for supporting me and my new projects. I\'m sure we\'ll all be working together and hanging together for a very long time!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

psychjosh

Re: Re: Stone Pony situation
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 10:32:32 am »
Originally posted by alexanderzurflu

I\'m glad there is a plan for Real Radio.  Not sure if there was one in 2003.

there was one but Sonance dropped the ball severely
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
Re: Re: Stone Pony situation
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 10:42:00 am »
Originally posted by oldnewbie

a lot of people have gone to extremes for the last year to travel for shows and attend timmy tour all week long and the band rewards them by getting "paid well". they might shoulder the finanial burden of promotion, but the fans spread the word.......how many will even see new years now?go get paid.

It seems that the focus is the new album and not New Years. The band should make some money and apply their time and effort to the next installment of their discography instead of trying to put together a New Years Eve party for their New England fans. This next record will be heard by far more people than the New Years show and has the potential to gain national attention. It sounds to me like the band and the management don\'t want to repeat the Deuce debacle and are thankfully taking steps to avoid it. It almost seems like...a plan.
Have patience. The new album will be your reward.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 10:51:48 am »
everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNREAL.....are we going beckwards in tome or what?????????im gonna jump on the pencildick train and say fuck breakfast!!!!!!!!!!1

also,lets keep in mind that im a sarchastic piece of junk snake in the grass..i dont mean anything i ever say.i love the breakfast!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 11:31:58 am »
The band is going to do what they feel is best for the band.  As fans, it\'s our job to support them.  I kind of figured that the Toad\'s thing had something to do with money... so good for them... without money everything grinds to a halt.  

People shouldn\'t be so critical on this... the band needs to worry about taking care of business first, not giving their hometown fans a place to party on NYE.  If I was still living in New Haven, there no doubt in my mind that I would be a Toad\'s to support; however, flying across the country for 1 set is another story.  No worries though... there will be other shows for me to see...
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Re: Re: Re: Stone Pony situation
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2004, 12:04:46 pm »
Originally posted by psychjosh

there was one but Sonance dropped the ball severely

Glad that Sonance is out of the picture.

Hoping for great success on Real Radio!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Re: my .02 cents
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2004, 12:11:54 pm »
I love this band.  No matter what happens that will never change.

BUT

I also love this board, the community that has grown on here, and the fact that it is a great soundboard for people to get out their frustrations with the band, music, sports, etc.  

As for the NYE show, I feel that it is for the New England fans and those willing to travel out to see it.  Nobody will travel very far for a Max Creek opener slot.  Where would this band be if not for its New England contingent of fans?  I know where, NOWHERE.....

As for Real Radio, I have been waiting for a new studio album from this band for what feels like forever.  That whole Bonafide thing was a joke.  I actually listened to Bonafide for the first time ever this past weekend.  The production quality was excellent.  Other than that it was a piss poor "official release".  Piss poor.

as for the freeky deeky....

Originally posted by psychjosh
I\'m sure we\'ll all be working together and hanging together for a very long time!

Dont Threaten Us!!! ;)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2004, 12:41:18 pm »
whats bona fide exactly???i thought that was a project that never got off its feet.am i wrong?am i wrong?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2004, 12:52:27 pm »
Glad the band is playing gigs that pay well. This can only help defray the cost of the National Theatre tour to promote Real Radio. No more shitty dives!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2004, 01:02:52 pm »
Just an observation:

Every time something big happens we, as Captain Vic so eloquently phrased it, "get our panties in a bunch".  It seems to come down to the fact that many of us are so used to getting "insider" information.  Maybe it\'s getting to be that time where, at least in some respects, we just become fans of the band.  I\'m sure Freddie, Dave, Wolf, and Paul (and a few others) can say that there was a time when they knew about every move this band made.  I think this fan-made New Year\'s fiasco is proof that this isn\'t the case anymore.  Thus, I\'m officially taking a vow of silence in matters as such, at least until Voice of God Vic or another "inside" source provides clarification.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2004, 01:08:53 pm »
And a child shall lead them.:)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 01:13:11 pm by obsession600 »
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown