Author Topic: *WE* get to write PB\'s Pearl Street SETLIST!!!  (Read 6440 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
*WE* get to write PB\'s Pearl Street SETLIST!!!
« on: May 01, 2003, 08:50:12 am »
let\'s get everyone participating in this! this is a really good place for interaction on this subject too, so let\'s get moving!

from tim:

The subject says all. Folks, we want you to make up our Pearl St. setlist, and no holds barred. PB might play 1 set or 2 so draw up both scenarios if you could. Give the final setlist to me the DAY BEFORE the show. Good Luck Folks and have fun. peace

that gives us 6 working days until we have to have it in.

now, i know a lot of you get carried away with your dream setlists, but let\'s try to keep this in the realm of possibility.. give this a long, educated thought, and try to stay away from impossible segues, etc.. think about rarities, once-played\'s, etc, but also think about energy levels and timing...

try NOT to post entire setlists (as it\'ll make it harder for us all to agree on the final version), but instead suggest a song or 2, placement, and/or segues... i think we\'ll be able to make the most out of this thing if we do it that way.

so let\'s have some fun and get this thing rollin\'!

:disco:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 08:55:19 am »
a couple ideas i had while brainstorming:

- open the show with a jam > something. i feel the band is much stronger when they warm up with a jam and build it up and morph it into their first tune. i think this will be a good way to set the pace for the night. possibly jam > Puppetry.

- Buquebus > 2001 > Buquebus. thought this would be a neat segue. bring in 2001 during ron\'s bass bridge in the middle, then back into Buquebus at the end of 2001. it could definitely work.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl st setlist
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 08:59:53 am »
Tim, its all good as long as you bust out some Prom 97\' again, and at least tease me with some inca roads.

Also, after talking about the Alternative diesel experiment Christine wants Hunger Strike. You guys got to play it some more. Ron IS Chris Cornell. :)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 09:08:45 am »
dammit paul.. how many times do i have to tell you that you\'re not frank zappa... :slap:

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
no "food for thought"
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 12:25:41 pm »
After not hearing the band for quite some time...I would love to hear just about anything... as long as it IS NOT :no:  
"food for thought".....  :vomit2:

;) but seriously...I\'m looking forward to seeing everyone next week...

lisa ci
:mickey:
lisa
:mickey:

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 04:23:46 pm »
Here\'s My 1/50th of $1 on the matter.

"Question Mark And The Mind" is my personal favorite, and it\'s always nice to hear.

"Peace Frog" is the cover that has always eluded me that I\'d like to hear.  It\'s always on the setlist for a show that I was "supposed to" go to but missed for some reason.

I really don\'t know what to suggest for a segue.  I\'ll just suggest "something we would never expect" if there is such a thing for those who have seen literally hundreds of shows.

And seeing a "first time played" is always cool if the band has anything ready to debut (original or cover).

And when in doubt, we could always harass them about "Episode Three" some more.

These are just a few brief suggestions.  I\'m honestly not too crazy about the idea of creating the entire setlist.  It doesn\'t seem to me like the guys will play at their best if they\'re not more or less winging it like they seem to do every other night.  Maybe we could just gather suggestions rather than create a definite list and let the band work from there.  Just a few thoughts (not edible ones, though).
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 04:25:53 pm »
after a few lonely extremely bored months since pb has been gone im gonna go out on a limb a say that they could do basically anything and id be happy.but seeing that they want some suggestions id like to suggest ep.2(mooboos voooo).for those of you who arent familiar with the cut its not your run of the mill rock and roll tune.however,anything will do at this point..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 04:26:59 pm »
good points, drew!

and i hadn\'t even thought about a \'first time played\'... the band has a lot of new material which they haven\'t played yet, and it\'d be really nice to get one in there... good call.

:bounce2:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 04:28:14 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
after a few lonely extremely bored months since pb has been gone im gonna go out on a limb a say that they could do basically anything and id be happy.but seeing that they want some suggestions id like to suggest ep.2(mooboos voooo).for those of you who arent familiar with the cut its not your run of the mill rock and roll tune.however,anything will do at this point..

fred -

go download the instrumental version in the Score! area! you\'ll definitely dig it...

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 04:51:31 pm »
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 06:24:15 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
good points, drew!

and i hadn\'t even thought about a \'first time played\'... the band has a lot of new material which they haven\'t played yet, and it\'d be really nice to get one in there... good call.

:bounce2:

I would like to hear some new stuff before they go back on tour again. It seems like its been a while. Has there even been a new song debuted since cosmic spaceway rhyme at toad\'s in march last year? i cant think of any.

And as for picking the setlist, i would rather have no part in it and have no idea whats going on, because i would much rather be surprised at my first show back. If i had to pick i would choose a scarlet>fire cover, but for pb material i would rather be surprised. I think they should have done this for a show where they were going to play 2 sets and only have the fans pick for only one of the sets.

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 09:34:08 am »
I\'d be really happy as always to see a long epic number in the second set like rufus or tribal, although tribal is a first set great opener.  sir psycho sexy would be a nasty choice to throw in the middle of a TFA.  alex
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

mattgilhuly

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 11:13:53 am »
I want an epic puppetry jam.  Phatty Boom is always a good set 2 opener as everyone\'s usually baked.  Sweet Leaf encore.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2003, 11:36:24 am »
Originally posted by ChrisF
I would like to hear some new stuff before they go back on tour again. It seems like its been a while. Has there even been a new song debuted since cosmic spaceway rhyme at toad\'s in march last year? i cant think of any.

:holyshit:

you know what, chris? this is a really good point, and you sparked me to do some research... it\'s actually kind of disturbing.. check this out -

- in one month in 2001 (10/26 - 11/25), PB debuted 5 new original songs (The Late And Great, Score, Escher\'s Etchings, Dig, TGBFBITS).

- in the 17+ months since then, PB has debuted only 2 (3 if you count the once-played \'Beer Jubilee\') new original songs (Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme)!

- PB has not debuted a new original song in the last 13+ months!

:banghead:

chris, i\'m with you. screw the setlist. give us new material to write setlists with, then we\'ll write a setlist! ;)

let\'s hope for some new PB sometime soon!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Pearl Street Setlists
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2003, 03:58:58 pm »
PearlStreet: 2 sets w/ encore

Set 1: The Grand Scheme Of Things>Summertime Blues>The Grand Scheme Of Things>You Enjoy Myself>The Grand Scheme Of Things>Buquebus>The Grand Scheme Of Things>Cut Me Some Slack

Set 2: Question Mark and The Mind, Bugs, Score, Episode 2 (Mooboo\'s Voodoo), Great Big Firey Ball In The Sky, Eschers Etchings>The Name Is Breakfast Baby, Legend of a Mind

Encore: The Chase

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pearl Street: 1 set w/ Encore

Set 1: Food For Thought*, Drunk Monk Bar, Lit, Phaddy Boom>Buffalo Soldier>PhaddyBoom, Lovelake, Sundance, Dig, Cut Me Some Slack, Dupree\'s Diamond Blues, What the Funk, Mayfly Disarry>Merge>Wild Pack of Asscracks

Encore: Rufus>Son Of Simpleton

* FFT 1: (a tired but classic)  Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
  FFT 2: What is the difference between a DUI and DWI?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph