Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 28639 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Guilty Pleasures [MERGED]
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2007, 02:13:46 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;142605
Well, fine!

I just got the purpose of this thread anyways. I had no idea what it was about until a post ago.

Forgive me, Love the 80\'s duder!

HA!
no worries broseph.....
There has got to be something about the 80\'s that you have a fond memory of.......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2007, 02:14:53 pm »
TV Guilty Pleasure
Every single re-run of Everybody Loves Raymond
Andy Rooney Segment of 60 Minutes

TV I should Like, But Hate
Chris Farley era SNL
PBS (too many damn people asking for money)
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2007, 02:19:55 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;142606
Well, fine!

I just got the purpose of this thread anyways. I had no idea what it was about until a post ago.

HA!
no worries broseph.....
There has got to be something about the 80\'s that you have a fond memory of.......

Well, although I was physically born in the 80\'s, I use the chinese concept of first conceived as my birth date which takes me into 1979 around Labor Day. Thats how much I hate the 80s. I was "husky". The only thing I have that I can\'t change from the 80s is the formation of Phish and it hurts to think of the 80s that way.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2007, 02:20:15 pm »
Guilty Pleasure:

The Soup. not sure if that even qualifies tho.

I do tune in from time to time for "The Girls Next Door" they are just soooo dumb its great and definitely easy on the eyes, well mostly
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2007, 02:21:08 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;142609
Quote from: Stephengencs;142606
Well, fine!

HA!
no worries broseph.....

Well, although I was physically born in the 80\'s, I use the chinese concept of first conceived as my birth date which takes me into 1979 around Labor Day. Thats how much I hate the 80s. I was "husky". The only thing I have that I can\'t change from the 80s is the formation of Phish and it hurts to think of the 80s that way.

Metallica, can\'t forget about Metallica
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2007, 02:32:54 pm »

i still listen to this album...often.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2007, 02:59:18 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;142597
Quote from: Stephengencs;142596
Quote from: davepeck;142591
Quote from: Stephengencs;142590
I am a sucker for anything from the 80\'s.......

Television-wise, my guiltiest pleasures when I am home to watch.  The Rachel Ray (talk show), and The View (I like Rosie O\'Donnell and am not afraid to admit it)

i have RR on every day from 10-11 when i\'m home... but THE VIEW?!?!?!? oof. 11:00 is barker time.

Quote from: kindm\'s;142592
Quote from: Stephengencs;142590
I am a sucker for anything from the 80\'s.......

Television-wise, my guiltiest pleasures when I am home to watch.  The Rachel Ray (talk show), and The View (I like Rosie O\'Donnell and am not afraid to admit it)

Rosie O\'Donnell ?????????!!!!??? Holy Christ batman.

Dude maybe life on the road with the band has hurt you more that I could have imagined :P

I accidentally stumbled onto the View.  It follows Rachel Ray, and one morning I had it on and I found myself laughing a lot.  Sometimes it was something funny that was said by Rosie or even Barbara Walters.  The young girl on there is pretty hot, but pretty stupid. Another thing that cracks me up about the View is when all the women start talking at once.  Its like being in a henhouse.  The older woman that thinks she is so funny actually sucks and is my least favorite.  But I do like Barbara and Rosie.  I have always liked Rosie.  She is quite a funny comedian.  Obviously she has had a pretty unorthodox career, but I admire her ability to overcome all the crap, and the fact that many people have tried to ruin her career, but she is still standing....or squatting if you must.

Kim used to watch it before i would go to work when my schedule was 12-8PM. I cannot stand that show. I can feel the testosterone being sucked form my body everytime they speak.

Elizabeth (The Hot one as u call her) the former Survivor TV show personality is only hot until she opens her extreme right wing mouth. and she is married to that choker QB from Seattle
Joy Behar is pretty funny but not as much since she can\'t make fun of Star jones anymore.
Rosie - UGH don\'t get me started. crude, loud mouth have not seen the show since she joined
Barbara is OK i Guess but she is so full of herself

who replaced Meredith Viera ??????

just a bunch of annoying soccer moms. sitting around cackling

i thought she was married to the QB from Seattle\'s brother, not the same guy.

"A 1999 graduate from Boston College, Ms. Hasselbeck is married to NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck."

Matt Hasselbeck = Seattle QB, Tim = benchwarmer and allaround nice guy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:59:18 pm by Igziabeher »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:42 pm »
thanks for clearing that up Igzy...ha!

Speaking of guilty pleasures, when are we gonna be graced with your presence again?
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2007, 03:05:02 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;142615
Quote from: kindm\'s;142597
Elizabeth (The Hot one as u call her) the former Survivor TV show personality is only hot until she opens her extreme right wing mouth. and she is married to that choker QB from Seattle
Joy Behar is pretty funny but not as much since she can\'t make fun of Star jones anymore.
Rosie - UGH don\'t get me started. crude, loud mouth have not seen the show since she joined
Barbara is OK i Guess but she is so full of herself

who replaced Meredith Viera ??????

just a bunch of annoying soccer moms. sitting around cackling

i thought she was married to the QB from Seattle\'s brother, not the same guy.

"A 1999 graduate from Boston College, Ms. Hasselbeck is married to NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck."

Matt Hasselbeck = Seattle QB, Tim = benchwarmer and allaround nice guy.

See I learn something everyday. Never in a million years would I have thought they were different people. Didn\'t her husband play in seattle for a stint ? I remeber a few years ago he got some playoff time because some one got hurt ? or was that the other Hasselbeck ?

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2007, 03:07:46 pm »
nevermind I found it

He spent two seasons as a backup quarterback for the Redskins, and was thrust into starting action in 2003 when then starting quarterback Patrick Ramsey was injured. The high point of his career to date came on December 7, 2003, when he completed 13 of 19 passes for 154 yards in leading the Redskins to a 20-7 win over the New York Giants. He threw two touchdown passes and no interceptions in that game. The following week he had the ignominy of recording the lowest possible single-game passer rating (0.0) in a 27-0 loss to the Dallas Cowboys under the playcalling of Coach Steve Spurrier. Hasselbeck was 6-for-26 (23%) for 56 yards with four interceptions in that game.

It was the redskins not Seattle. I guess I heard the name Hasselbeck and just assumed it was the same guy in Seattle.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2007, 03:59:37 pm »
Guilty Pleasures...

"Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera
New Regina Spektor record
AFI
early Plain White T\'s
The Get Up Kids
John Mayer\'s cover of "Bold as Love"
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Rent
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2007, 04:43:44 pm »
Cori reminded me that I actually really really liked Sheryl Crows first album and the live stuff I\'ve heard is pretty good to.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;142650
Cori reminded me that I actually really really liked Sheryl Crows first album and the live stuff I\'ve heard is pretty good to.

I like Sheryl Crow, I dont think its a guilty pleasure...

Ever hear her cover Derick and the Dominoes "Keep On Growin"?  SER.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2007, 07:49:14 pm »
America\'s Next Top Model (including all the marathons they show on vh1/mtv..even though i pretty much have watched all of the old marathons and i know whos gonna win anyway...)

i also enjoy top design on bravo, but its over now so i cant really relish in it anymore.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2007, 08:02:56 pm »
mowtownphilly\'s back again
doin a little east coast swing
boyz II men going on (GO! GO!)
not too hard, and not too soft

well its long overdue and now philly\'s slammin
(boyz II men, abc, bbd) the east coast family\'s never skipped the beat (nah)
while coolin\' on south st.
jet black benz, plenty of friends, and all the philly steaks you can eat
back in school we used to dream about this every day
could it really happen, or do dreams just fade away, yea?
everybody was singing and they said we sounded smooth
so we started a groove and here we are doin it just for you, oh
caress me, aunt jemima