Author Topic: D/L\'ing Breakfast show from "Purple Haze," LI  (Read 1854 times)

Adam

D/L\'ing Breakfast show from "Purple Haze," LI
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:03:25 pm »
Howdie all,

I caught the Breakfast at Purple Haze on the 23rd.

The show was being taped on a laptop.

I\'m very much into getting recordings of shows I\'ve been too -preserves the live experience in my mind and hits harder than recordings without complete context from senses.

I\'d have recorded it myself if I new of their policy!

I run a production company (a hybrid recording & design business called "HI-Bred Productions"). We\'ve done a live show -Ila Cantor Quartet, 55 Bar, NYC.

Did the album art too; everything was nice.

I\'m really interested in getting the whole PB show.

My first impression of PB was "tight blues rock band with a funky drummer." But, as the evening progressed, I realized they were a bit headie as well, w/o being cheesy or too quirky like some.

The music was awesome. The drummer did as much or more with his minimal kit (just 1 tom) as almost any other drummer around.

THEY ROCKED!!!

The guitarist was playing great lines consistently and the keyboardist sang very soulfully.

YOU HAD TO B THERE.

Since I WAS, I want to immortalize the experience, and see if it stands up to my impressions -or outdoes them.

Anybody that can help, I would really appreciate a shout out.

I\'m trapped in LI right now, at Hofstra U. Don\'t know if PB will be around again in the near future, and my workload is too heavy to travel.

Don\'t want to complain though.

You can find all the info you need to contact me in my profile.

Check out the Hi-Bred website... http://www.hibredproductions.com

But don\'t get DISTRACTED! Remember, I\'m a Man on a Mission here! Lol.

Lemme know about the gig -Purple Haze, October 23rd. THat\'s Long Island.

Thanks,

Adam

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 08:49:40 pm »
hey adam -

welcome to the site! hope you enjoy it here, and find it useful..

as for the show last night, that was me recording.. 4-channel matrix - direct outs from soundboard + 2 AKG 480/ck63\'s on stage, facing the audience. the recording came out good, but the outs from the board had random clipping all over the place, so i\'m gonna do my best to clean up the soundboard part of it before i mix it down and upload it.. hopefully it\'ll be within a week or so.. it\'ll be announced here when it\'s ready.

in the meantime, check out this thread for tons more shows to download..

it was a fun show last night. wish more people had come down, cause the room seemed pretty cool. i was just saying today that i don\'t know what i like more - friday night i saw adrian play what was probably the best solo i\'ve ever heard from him; last night i saw him do with 1 tom and 2 cymbals what most drummers can\'t do with a full set. he\'s really amazing, and the scary thing is, he keeps getting better.

anyways, good to have you aboard! enjoy!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 08:52:30 pm »
im gettin a little nervous about tuesday honestly..hes gotta win it!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:37 am »
Originally posted by davepeck
i was just saying today that i don\'t know what i like more - friday night i saw adrian play what was probably the best solo i\'ve ever heard from him; last night i saw him do with 1 tom and 2 cymbals what most drummers can\'t do with a full set. he\'s really amazing, and the scary thing is, he keeps getting better.

I was thinking the same thing Friday night, ridiculous!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07