Author Topic: NovemBreakfast - Dates are filling in...  (Read 7632 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
NovemBreakfast - Dates are filling in...
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2004, 08:30:53 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
hey joc,im sworn to secrecy...im a very trustworthy individual you know?

If you\'re sworn to secrecy, I think it would be the content of the secret, more than the originator of said secret, that is more important to keep under wraps. ;)
Masturbation in the MFA

origen

• http://
ATL 11/9
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2004, 11:59:52 am »
Sick show last night.  The Mooboo\'s jam was probably the #1 highlight - it is unbelievable how sick that jam can get in the middle of Mooboo\'s - way better than the studio version.  Also No Glove and What the Funk were awesome.  Drunk Monk and Escher\'s were also sick, as always.  For the full length review check out the review archive. See you in Athens! - Ross

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2004, 02:52:39 pm »
No word from Marcial yet on last night\'s show?  Hope it was a good night.  Maybe the show was so good that he hasn\'t come up with the right words to describe it yet?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2004, 04:32:50 pm »
Unfortunately, I didn\'t go to the show last night... only last Tuesday in Atlanta.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

origen

• http://
athens ga monday night
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2004, 05:55:11 pm »
Here\'s what went down: A ragged, road-weary band stumbles into Last Call in Athens Ga to play yet another gig at the tail end of a grueling, excruciating road trip, with not one day off between gigs.  The promoter at Last Call fails to post the show in the local newspaper, does not include the show on the marquis outside, and fails to put up a single poster inside the club, much less anywhere else around town.

But miraculously....people show up from out of nowhere.  It was a late-arriving crowd - most people rolled in around midnight - and you could tell that up till now the band members were not pleased with the poor effort on the part of the venue to promote this show.  To quote Adrian : "we\'re gonna play for 45 minutes and get the f--- outta here".  But then the people showed up.  Lets face it - you can\'t keep people away from a Breakfast show - you can try to keep it a secret - but they will find out.  Hell, you could install a minefield and razor wire and hire a Iraqi with explosives strapped to his chest to check ID\'s, and people will still come.  

So was it a doozie? I would say no, because a doozy is not a show where you get only a few people - it\'s a show where you get fewer people than EXPECTED.  I expected 30-40 people and in reality there were about 40 people, at least 15 of whom were clustered around the stage and very into the music.  I think it was a key show because most people there came because they saw the Breakfast open for Umphrey\'s a few months ago, and they were very knowledgable fans who found out about the show only via Jambase.

As for the setlist, the highlights included, a wicked Puppetry, a sick Rufus, Drunk Monk, Wild Pack of Asscracks, and an epic Beef Barley that had a super extended jam in the middle of it, that almost sounded like a whole nother song, in which Tim went nuts on guitar, and then went back into Beef Barley.  Overall the music was superior, and everyone in attendance was very impressed, and those I talked to vowed to come back next time the Breakfast comes to town.

Granted, the band members appeared to be strung out from their tour, with frayed nerves, psychological fatigue, and little patience left to deal with a doozy show in which they were corn-holed with a broken broomstick by local promoters.  But in spite of all these factors working against them, they drew a decent number of hardcore fans and delivered a killer show with some ridiculous jams.  The Breakfast will not be denied.  They will succeed - not because they are lucky and have good connections - THEY WILL SUCCEED IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS LUCKY AND DO NOT HAVE ALL THE BEST CONNECTIONS.  That shows just how talented and determined they are, and that they have what it takes to make it in this business.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2004, 06:31:26 pm »
good review guy...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set