Author Topic: 10-22-04 The Breakfast @ Iron Horse in Northhampton, MA  (Read 6321 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
10-22-04 The Breakfast @ Iron Horse in Northhampton, MA
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 02:49:48 pm »
I may be up for partaying in NOHO YO!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 03:41:52 pm »
I remember seeing you there last time Mark.

Everyone should go, these Noho shows are usually pretty good.  

I\'m going to be busting my butt to get there.  Hopefully my friend in Amherst will let me sleep on his floor.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 03:47:12 pm »
Maybe those who are planning on attending could meet somewhere in the area for food prior to the show?

Anyone know if there is an opening band?

My only gripe with the Iron Horse is their inability to keep the shows on schedule.  This usually results in Breakfast fans waiting outside in the cold till 10:30pm when the show is advertised to start at 10pm.  This has happened for every show on my personal record.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 03:48:48 pm »
Hopefully there will be a hotel room with my name on it, which sounds like a perfect meet-n-greet before the show...are there any hotels in walking distance??????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 04:33:03 pm »
NOHO Brewery is in walking distance, good brew, good food, will have to research the hotel situation.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 06:33:43 pm »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
Hopefully there will be a hotel room with my name on it, which sounds like a perfect meet-n-greet before the show...are there any hotels in walking distance??????

Hi Steve (Mark and all others included),

Northampton may not be the best place to stay.  There is a 5 star hotel right downtown near the show but no budget motels.  You may want to check out the town of Hadley right down the street.  They have an Econo Lodge, Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson etc.  The cheapest lodging would most likely be near the Springfield/Holyoke area though it is 15-20 minutes from Noho.  

I will most likely be driving to the show after work in Boston.  If the PB crew goes out for dinner, I could pick you up at your motel and could provide you with some safe transportation to the show.  If you stay in the Holyoke area, this wouldn\'t be an option.  If you stay down in Holyoke, you could get a ride from a CT fan to the motel because most of the places are right near I-91.

Let me know if you need more info.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 07:34:08 pm »
well, it wouldn\'t be a MA show without hitting The Hangar in Amherst for the best wings on earth beforehand.. that\'s definitely where i\'ll be..

anyone else?

(i have room for 5 southern CT people if anyone needs a ride)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2004, 07:48:24 pm »
Woohoo!!

The Breakfast is listed solo for the Iron Horse lineup.  Could this mean a few hours of good music?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 08:01:11 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
well, it wouldn\'t be a MA show without hitting The Hangar in Amherst for the best wings on earth beforehand.. that\'s definitely where i\'ll be..

anyone else?

(i have room for 5 southern CT people if anyone needs a ride)

I would love to meet up at the Hangar prior to the show, though it should be pretty crowded in there on a Friday.  I won\'t be able to get there till 8pm because I\'m leaving Boston at 5:30pm and will be heading out on the Pike which can be a mess.  Fill me in on the plans as they develop.  I am making a guy buy me some advanced tickets for the show in case it\'s a big seller. I basically told him he could have a free one and check out the Breakfast in exchange for him going into town to pick up the tickets.  

I\'m excited to see you all again.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 12:58:28 am »
I\'m jonesing for breakfast!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

melanie

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 08:52:26 am »
woohoo i found a babysitter in a most unlikely place!   fingers crossed with any luck i should be getting out on friday night!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 04:47:22 pm »
Let\'s begin to discuss the plans to meet at Wings before the show.  I won\'t be there till 8 or 8:30pm.  What time does everyone plan on arriving in the Valley?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2004, 10:05:55 pm »
It looks like I will be able to meet everyone at Wings whenever at this point.  To summarize things, I was attacked/jumped/carjacked in New Bedford, MA and now I need to get a new ID, credit card, checking account etc. because I lost all the important stuff I had on me.  At least I will most likely get a free day off from work.  I didn\'t die or lose my car because a cop happened to drive by while I was being strangled on the ground by a bunch of thugs.  

I really do think the situation would have turned out differently (for the worse) if I didn\'t get saved by a passing cruiser.

I do hope to see you all tomorrow at Wings and the Iron Horse.  I will enjoy the company of the Breakfast family and some pumping music.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2004, 10:34:46 pm »
Dude that SUX!!!!  So the cop didn\'t go after them? WTF?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2004, 10:40:44 pm »
The sight of the cop car sent them running away.  I called 911 from a store across the street and the cop said he didn\'t even notice that I was being attacked on the ground under very bright lights.  I am lucky though.  They could have killed me for seeing their faces.  Luckily they were cut short.  

ahhhh