Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-07-17 - GOTV: Indian Lookout Country Club; Mariaville, NY  (Read 5093 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
alright.....let\'s hear about it......damnit

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Setlist: 2004-07-17 - GOTV: Indian Lookout Country Club; Mariaville, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:40:25 pm »
ok,you got it....a little too short and sweet for my particular taste..when i think latenight slot,i think birds chirping and the sun on its way up..not vibes i guess..the 2-3am show was ser though..the tent was stuffed to the hills..just as they were about to warm up,it was over though..i can remember a ser doughboy opener..there was also a ecidnas arf,inner glimpse and unreal buquebus...people were losing their minds but it had to end..see yaal at the guilford green in a few hours!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 07/17/04 - GOTV: Indian Lookout Country Club; Mariaville, NY
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:45:47 pm »
I: Doughboy, The Chase, Inner Glimpse, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Gravity, Buquebus

---

yup, that\'s it. :( 46 minutes. grr.. overall they played well, but they were just getting warmed up. the 2am slot would have been decent if the music didn\'t have to stop at 3. lame.

dobson was missed. sound was pretty bad. vocals were very low in the mix, and there were no lows at all (complete lack of bass and kick).. crowd was very good and into it, and begged for an encore for a solid 2 minutes after the band ended and people were packing up gear (no reason to not let them have an encore either - they ended at 2:56, and people were all over it.. UGH!).

i dunno. overall i\'d say it was a disappointment, but hopefully they\'ll get on the vibes again with a better slot, and maybe on the main stage..

quick roundup of the day:

woke up at 6am on saturday and headed up.. got there about 10 minutes into the bomb squad\'s set.. beautiful day.. mid-80\'s, with the sun beating down (i am a LOBSTER!).. some thick black clouds developed mid-day, and it looked like we were screwed (heard some thunder too), but they amazingly disappeared, and everything was ok...

the vibes needs more bands. there should have been a 2nd stage set up during the day, with bands playing during the main stage intermission. bands would finish their sets on the main stage, then there would be a good 1.5+ hours of dead air while they got ready for the next band. hell, the breakfast could have had a longer set if they played during one of these intermissions! anyways..

bomb squad - eh.. i\'m not big on them, and it was really early.. didn\'t do anything for me..

martin sexton - i took a nap... not really a bad thing, just very chill.. and i needed a nap, so i laid in the grass and took one. he didn\'t put me to sleep, but it was great music to relax to, if that makes any sense.

assembly of dust - boring, generic jamband. never heard them before, but didn\'t dig them AT ALL. how on earth do these guys get 1.5+ hours, late afternoon on the main stage, and breakfast gets the shaft?! again - UGH.

skb - incredible. wow. i actually never heard them before, but i was blown away. amazing.

masters of funk session / deep banana blackout - incredible!!! hartswick and grippo with dbb - wow. this went on a bit long, and had a lot of different phases (including a 3-song mini-set by just dbb), but overall it was a great way to close out the main stage.

umelt - eh. not bad, but got boring after a while...

breakfast - see above...

that\'s it for now..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 02:54:23 pm »
oh yeah, anyone going to guilford today, come find me and i\'ll have a copy of the show for you..

d

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 03:18:54 pm »
dave i was there last night and would like a copy! i\'m working today so i cant go to guilford,are you gonna put it on the web?please!!?
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

crimsonknuckles

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 03:20:30 pm »
by the way i saw slayer and slipknot in glensfalls and still made it down to the vibes.i\'m beat though
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 03:23:36 pm »
yep, i should have the BT up before i leave today. i\'ll post it here when i put it up..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 03:33:16 pm »
i love slayer..never saw them live,but id love to some day..slipknot is a little too much for me..breakfast is ser
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

crimsonknuckles

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 03:35:40 pm »
the breakfast, honestly, are the greatest band out there today.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 03:36:25 pm »
ok here\'s the deal..

i\'m bringing 8 FLAC copies and 8 audio copies to guilford with me today. hopefully that\'s enough to go around, but if not, have no fear - the BT will be available for download as soon as i\'m done burning the discs (and it\'s small - only ~320mb), and it\'ll be up on archive tomorrow morning.

for those of you taking home the FLAC disc today, i\'ve attached the fingerprint here, as i forgot to include it on the disc. sorry. also, i encourage you to please jump on the BT to help get this uploaded as quickly as possible. thanks!

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
GOTV \'04 Set appreciation thread
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 09:22:46 am »
I have been listening to this set a lot recently:
intro/banter, Doughboy, The Chase, Inner Glimpse, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You)>Gravity, Buquebus, outro
outro= 2 minutes of peeps begging for more
Short but sweet, this set\'s  full of good, clean, family fun! Amazing versions of each song.  A very well rounded confidence in thier playing and interaction.  Personal highlght: Echidna\'s>Gravity
Great festival overall, haven\'t been since 2002.  To those that were there- was it a late night set?? Thoughts, comments.. and will the boys be back in Mariaville this summer??  gots to love the Hells Angel security..
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 10:01:43 am »
gabe - check out my post above for details.. the boys got the shaft with set time and being unable to use their own equipment, but still managed to bring in a good amount of people, considering..

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 11:25:39 am »
I am not trying to beat a dead horse here but here it goes.

#1 ILCC is not run by Hells Angels. This gets brought up a lot but is in fact completely false.

I have been going to the Gathering of the Vibes since 1999 ? I work them every year. I see what goes on from boths sides of the fence. I continue to go to the vibes because it is a really fun festival with a chill atmoshpere. I wish the Breakfast got a bigger slot especially considering they let DSo play forever you want to talk about boring.

As for AOD I guess they not your cup of tea but I really enjoy reid and Jack their soundman is a huge Tim / Breakfast fan. I have taped them almost as much as the Breakfast. They also happen to be a great bunch of guys. As for why they get headlining spots simply they actually get people to fill rooms (not to mention the connections between AOD and terrapin etc).  I am not knocking the Breakfast but I have been to a lot of AOD shows and a lot of PB shows and AOD always has more people at their shows, they have a really avid fanbase much like the Breakfast but the just have more numbers. Maybe it is just a management thing who knows.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 11:28:48 am »
I like to beat dead horses.. My run-ins with Hell\'s Angels at past Vibes has led me to conclude that they have some involvement with the security there.. I was told that ILCC was a huge spot for them in the NE.  I have nothing against bikers or anything, just a real shitty run in one year.
as for AOD..
"I am not knocking the Breakfast but I have been to a lot of AOD shows and a lot of PB shows and AOD always has more people at their shows, they have a really avid fanbase much like the Breakfast but the just have more numbers." originally posted by galenas
the AOD fanbase most likely comprises of die hard Reid fans.. the fact that Strangefolk had years of success, and then took quite a dive when Reid left has a lot to do with this.  Personally, I love Reid\'s voice and songwriting, but I feel bad for the dudes from Percy Hill who tour around playing a bunch of old Strangefolk songs... kind of hard to put some soul into it when you\'re rehashing old tunes, and prolly thinking about the new Percy Hill album, and why you should be focusing your efforts in other directions....
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.