Author Topic: 7-2-04 Jones w/ T-Palms; The Main Pub in Manchester, CT  (Read 1590 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
7-2-04 Jones w/ T-Palms; The Main Pub in Manchester, CT
« on: July 03, 2004, 03:26:40 pm »
I have no setlist for this one.  It was a beautiful night in Manchester.   ChrisF, Todd, and I got there during the 3rd tune, Sitting In Limbo.  Before that I was told they opened with Lay Down Sally and then a Jones original tune......

Jones is a solid trio.   They play fantastic covers and their original tunes are inspired and well written with great grooves and jams.  Mark, you should have been there with us.  It was timmy electrified just as you wished.  All night timmy was like a rock and roll GOD, just adding tasty runs, licks, fills, and jams to the trios musical explosion ALL NIGHT LONG.....

Here are some of the other tunes I can recall from last night.
Scarlet Begonias, Bertha, White Rabbit, and a killer Loving Cup encore.  There were more tunes, maybe Chris or Todd can hook up some more.

The scene in Manchester was nutty.  Not quite New Haven.  Definately  not like Norwalk.  I would say it was a combination of Waterbury, Shelton, Stratford, and West Haven.  I met and talked with many of the locals.  We all got along, laughed, and what not while Jones and Timmy laid a backdrop of groovin sound for all to spin, bounce, trip, and shovel salted-shelled peanuts in our faces....

I will not be missing the Jones and Timmy show up at Porters tomorrow night.  Heady brah fo sho.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph