Author Topic: 6/25/04 The Timmy and Ian Experience - Relish; SoNo  (Read 2131 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
6/25/04 The Timmy and Ian Experience - Relish; SoNo
« on: June 26, 2004, 03:05:45 pm »
1. No Woman No Cry, Stay (Wasting Time), Bertha, #41, Melissa, Scarlet Begonias>TequillaJam, Good Lovin

2. Touch of Grey, Timi Thing, If I Had a Million Dollars*, Shakedown Street

E: Patience, Jack and Diane

*Original verse by Ian "If someone would tip the tip jar"
Jack and Diane performed without Tim

It is amazing to see how well Tim and Ian have grown as a duo.  The BAR Happy Hour show was great.  It was great to see all the local serheads come out for the early show.  Timmy was so animated towards the end of the BAR set, it was hilarious and what turned out to be a sign of what was to come....

Got down to SoNo around 10:30 and Ian Timmy and ChrisF were just sitting down to a beer.  The SoNo scene hasnt changed at all.  Lots of wealth and beautiful women all over the place.

There were a few people who knew Ian from previous gigs down there, but non had experienced Timmy till last night.  Ian is amazing at feeling out a crowd.  When they were just about to go on, the bar was pretty crowded and everyone was talking through Ians intro.  I was thinking that there was no way that these yuppies were gonna get into this show.  As soon as they opened with No Woman, the whole place shifted gears.  By the time they got to Bertha, the place was getting down.

Timmy was relentless with his leads, just creating through the whole night.  The Good Lovin, Touch of Grey, Jimi Thing and Shakedown St stand out as some of the best playing I have heard from this duo.

Although the sets were just under an hour each, I would have expected more tunes.  They stretched out just about every tune into very upbeat, creative, and at times hypnotizing jams.  So So Nice

There is a good chance that there was something between $1,000,000 and Shakedown, but I was spending a little time out of mind at that point so I am really not sure.  When Chris listens to the recording, I hope he can correct any errors....

Great night last night.  $6 for a pint of Brooklyn Brown Ale was a bit steep, but I say it was well worth it......

See you on the other side
Gencs
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

ChrisF

Re: 6/25/04 The Timmy and Ian Experience - Relish; SoNo
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 09:22:32 pm »
i think this includes everything -

1. No Woman No Cry, Stay (Wasting Time), Bertha, #41, Melissa, Scarlet Begonias>TequillaJam, Good Lovin

2. Touch of Grey, Timi Thing, If I Had a Million Dollars*, Call Me Al, Shakedown Street

E: Patience, Jack and Diane

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 03:00:56 am »
A man walks down the street,
It\'s a street in a strange world.
Maybe it\'s the Third World.
Maybe it\'s his first time around.
He doesn\'t speak the language,
He holds no currency.
He is a foreign man,
He is surrounded by the sound, sound ....
Cattle in the marketplace.
Scatterlings and orphanages.
He looks around, around .....
He sees angels in the architecture,
Spinning in infinity,
He says, Amen! and Hallelujah!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 07:13:41 am »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
A man walks down the street,
It\'s a street in a strange world.
Maybe it\'s the Third World.
Maybe it\'s his first time around.
He doesn\'t speak the language,
He holds no currency.
He is a foreign man,
He is surrounded by the sound, sound ....
Cattle in the marketplace.
Scatterlings and orphanages.
He looks around, around .....
He sees angels in the architecture,
Spinning in infinity,
He says, Amen! and Hallelujah!

call me al is one of my fav songs by simmon. sure its painfully poppy, and him and chevy chase look like morons in the video, but the song just has a great groove to it.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 04:47:02 pm »
Yeah I have always loved this song... Always wanted to hear it live with some real brass.....

Scatterlings? I always thought it was scatterings. Learn something knew everyday. What are scatterlings?
Masturbation in the MFA