Author Topic: PBFans.com Gallery - NOW OPEN!!  (Read 5493 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
PBFans.com Gallery - NOW OPEN!!
« on: June 15, 2004, 01:05:49 pm »
After a month of prepping, the pbfans.com gallery is now live! You may access the gallery at any time by clicking the Gallery link in the main menu.

As of right now, there\'s only a little over 350 pictures up (mostly thanks to Paul!), but we will be adding MUCH more in the weeks to come. I\'ve got around 1000 of my own to put up, as soon as I get my network up and running at home, and Todd will also be making major contributions.

About The Gallery:

You\'ll notice that the gallery is set up just like the forum. This means that YOU can contribute! You are able to rate and comment on every picture posted. You\'re also able to post your own pictures! If you\'ve ever taken any pictures of the band, please submit them to the gallery (see the submission guidelines below). You will be given full credit for your pics.

Please post any questions or comments about the gallery in this thread. If you want to submit pictures, please read the guidelines below. Otherwise, have at it, and enjoy!

Gallery Submission Guidelines:

PLEASE NOTE: If you want to upload a large amount of pictures, you can save a lot of time by emailing me first. Otherwise, you\'ll have to upload your pictures one at a time.

- IMPORTANT: When uploading pictures, PLEASE include the DATE of the show/event in the filename, in the format YYYY-MM-DD. It doesn\'t matter how you name your files otherwise, but PLEASE include the date!

- Click on Upload Photos.

- Choose a category:
Please upload all pictures to the YEAR category that they belong in. We\'ll take care of sorting your pics afterwards, and this will make it easier on us. So if you\'re uploading pictures from 11/25/01, you should upload them to Concert Photos -> 2001.

- On the Photo to upload line, click on Browse..., and find the picture you want to upload on your computer. Double-click on the file, and it will be inserted here.

- Now click on Upload/Submit. On the next screen, enter a title, description, and keywords (optional; see guide below) for your image. Please make your description descriptive! :) The gallery is fully searchable, and your good descriptions will help in searches.

- Click on Process Files, and your image(s) will be posted! That\'s all there is to it.

KEYWORDS / DESCRIPTIONS (thanks paul!)

A unique word in the description field works as a search parameters. So if you search random, it will bring up any picture with random in the description.

, does not work in search parameters.
+ does not work in search parameters.
"" will give unexpected results.

You can type in part of a word and still search it, but it has to be the first letters of the word the way it appears in the meta tag. SO, searching for St. Patricks Day, ST. will bring it up, but Patrick will not.

To search multiple strands, like tim and jordan, type Tim Jordan.

Here\'s the full search list:

Searchable parameters:
Guest: someone else on stage
Band: all 4 members, on or off stage
Crowd
Opening_act

People\'s names:
Tim, Ron, Jordan, Adrian,
Dave, Peck, Lisa, Alani, Adrian, Marcial, Freddie, Samantha, Olivia, Nikki, Kevin_Ross, teddy, Deblock, Alex_Z, Vallo, josh, kroop, johanna, todd, pitch, kote, jocelyn, wolfman, Jen, brandon, Alani

Guest names:
Paul, Tom_Marshall, Vic_Steffens, Megan, Megan_Johnson, Ben_Groppe, Kyle_Esposito, Jeff_Pevar Fred_DeLeone, Fred, Derf, Kroop, Josh, louie, Jerome

Costumes:
Hulk_Hogan, Darth_Vader, springsteen

Colleges:
umass

Venue:
Butterfield, quad, baker_quad, Blues_cafe, wetlands, toads, barn, powder_hollow_bar, Chittenden, Chittenden_Park, Springdale_Turn_Hall, camp_creek, john_st., CeeJays, Webster

Other locations
subway, bus

Special occasion:
Wrestlemania, 420, st._patricks_day, holiday, 4th, Uncle_Sam_Jam, Diesel, Freakout, Benefit, Stolen_Equipment

Misc phrases:
Funny, Stamp, bull_dance, hakey_sack, flag, deblock_dance, blackjack, Twin_towers, dw, trapeze, jester
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 05:23:50 am by FrankZappa »

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 06:02:00 pm »
The gallery is SICK!   Sick, sick, sick.  (Sic)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 06:05:16 pm »
I\'ve got a boatload of crapola that needs to get scanned or photographed, as I\'m sure many people do.  We should have a big scanning party sometime in Connecticut.  Maybe the night after that Guilford Green show?

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
Use of pics in cover art?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 06:31:41 pm »
Well done dave - gallery is awesome!!

How do we stand regarding copyright(!) issues if we want to use someone\'s pics for cover art? I like to do covers for my pb as I tend to burn it to audio for use in the car CD player.

Do we need to contact those submitting pics or is submission to the gallery deemed as making the pics "fair game" for use by, and for the benefit of, the community??
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 06:44:13 pm »
I\'ll offer all of my archive up unless specifically noted with the condition that the copyright must be visible in the finished product. If you re-crop the image for whatever reason, you must give the same copyright information elsewhere in the artwork. Since mostly everything up there right now is mine that should take care of any ideas your having for now.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 06:45:59 pm »
Thanks fz!!

When I get some time, I\'m going to have to find the covers I\'ve done already and make some moreusing some of the pics.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 06:48:02 pm »
while i don\'t think anyone would mind, i certainly don\'t want to speak for anyone else, so i\'d say either ask the given person if they\'d mind, or perhaps everyone who submits their photos can give their official stance on the issue here...

since i\'ll be submitting a ton of my own pics pretty soon, feel free to use any of my pics for coverart (credit on the cover would be nice). thanks.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 06:49:10 pm »
by the way, boom, i\'ll be creating a \'coverart\' forum over in the gallery, so you can upload your work there!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 06:56:34 pm »
i seem to remember mention of a random image genarator....(?)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 07:09:36 pm »
Gallery = BOMB DIGGITY :awwyeah:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 07:12:45 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
i seem to remember mention of a random image genarator....(?)

http://www.pbfans.com

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 07:13:41 pm »
Those old pictures are great!  

I have lots of stuff from shows while I was living up there, as well as from southern shows post Fall 2001.  All of my old stuff is on film though... will find a way to get it up there for the scanning party.  How can I upload lots of digitals at a time?
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 07:21:02 pm »
Originally posted by Marcial
How can I upload lots of digitals at a time?

shoot me an email when you\'re ready, and i\'ll get you set up. :thumbsup:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 08:35:49 pm »
Amazing work guys... came out even better than I imagined possible! I\'m very impressed!
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 04:46:34 am »
I just wanted to post some logic on this scanning party... while I\'m all for it, scanning takes time. You have to pre-scan, crop, scan, color correct, copyright, resize, re-format and then save - every picture! that takes time. Several minutes per picture. Its not like 6 people are gonna come over my house w/ shitloads of pictures and we\'ll have them all posted the same day...

We could simply scan them which would save time. Then everyones raw files could be saved to a disc and you could do what you want with them and post at your leasure- just dont expect all of it to happen overnight.