Author Topic: 6-9-04 Solo Timmy @ Cliffahans  (Read 6575 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
6-9-04 Solo Timmy @ Cliffahans
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 12:06:50 am »
man oh man! everyone\'s more than entitled to his/her own opinions i guess. all i know is that i FEEL the stones when i listen to them. it\'s impossible to express this via internet, but hopefully one day we\'ll all be together and i can try to convey my emotion for this band to you guys. then maybe you\'ll see/feel where i\'m coming from.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 12:33:07 am »
:awwyeah::hehehe: girl fight?? :hump::yay:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 06:18:43 am »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
my bad...all i wanted was a fake plastic trees....I am not a radiohead head

there were some fake plastic trees hanging off the end of the bar :P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 06:26:46 am »
THis threads great. I though most people were against me in my *yawn* belief of the stones (some goes for rush - most people hate them). I guess not. Its cool if you like the stones or anyone for that matter, I just don\'t care for alot of there stuff. Under my thumb and on my cloud are still gonna be on my stuck on an island tape though.

I sumarize it this way:
beatles: never heard a song I didnt like.
Stones: About 6 songs I like.

As far as the girl fight dave, I\'d normally put all the money on joc for an easy win, but I\'ve only met diana once, so I can\'t judge it fairly. Joc, you going tonight?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 06:45:11 am »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
As far as the girl fight dave, I\'d normally put all the money on joc for an easy win, but I\'ve only met diana once, so I can\'t judge it fairly.  

:jawdrop: i think galenas may kick your ass if you keep talking smack! :asskicked

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2004, 10:48:47 am »
:lol: no chance of fighting joc (even though she doesn\'t like the stones, which normally would qualify for a beating!) so don\'t get your hopes up, guys! but dave\'s right, paul - you\'d better watch your back or i will unleash my wrath! (who am i kidding? i don\'t have any wrath?!)

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2004, 10:55:56 am »
Originally posted by galenas
:lol: no chance of fighting joc (even though she doesn\'t like the stones, which normally would qualify for a beating!) so don\'t get your hopes up, guys! but dave\'s right, paul - you\'d better watch your back or i will unleash my wrath! (who am i kidding? i don\'t have any wrath?!)

you going tonight? I\'ll take you in a thumb war. I want to see you unleash. Looser (you) has to but the jager shots for the offical (peck) and the winner (me)

:P

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2004, 11:15:47 am »
Originally posted by galenas
:lol: no chance of fighting joc  

Damn... (reluctantly puts gloves and those ridiculous boxing sneakers back into the closet)...

Paul I had every intention of going tonight, but yesterday my father gave me 2 BoSox tickets that are some absurd yuppie seating (they say "Private Suite" on them)... he got them as a gift from someone he is doing business with... and I think I would really hurt his feelings if I didn\'t go to the game. Should be great though, having beer brought to ME for once!

I know it seems like my priorities are skewed, but I don\'t have much of a choice on this one. I would obviously rather be at Porter\'s and it is with much regret and jealousy that I wish you all a fabulous time tonight....
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2004, 11:20:35 am »
:sigh:

what are we gonna do with you, joce?

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2004, 11:30:27 am »
"As far as longetivity when the $$ is low they tour, not for the love of their music. "

Who cares??  They are still one of the best live acts around.  How do you know what their intentions are?  Hippie!
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2004, 11:31:27 am »
Well, for starters, a lot of consoling to help me deal with the grief of not being able to go. And then, someone could send me a recording of the show. ha!
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2004, 11:33:02 am »
don\'t listen to him joc, dave would be doing the same thing if the offer was to him, and you replaced red soxs with yankees.

After a review of the official rules, free box seats to a sox game is deamed a legal move and no flags may be pulled to challenge. However, according to the offical rules, you are not allowed to post any replies to future threads that imply "I wish I went", "Damn, what the hell was I thinking", "Oh my god, that\'s the best show ever, someone kill me", etc. Additionally, you must do one of the following:
1. wear a pb or breakfast shirt to the game
2. get someone you meet that night to go to a future breakfast show
3. Join in with the yankee sucks chant.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2004, 11:37:18 am »
Great call Paul......

I also know that you can find the b-e-e-r lady at Fenway that has "magic cups".  Pay $20 for a special cup and you get it refilled all night for no charge (tipping is a must), and you get to cut the line as well....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2004, 11:41:53 am »
AAH HAHAHA HA Paul you are too funny. I\'m glad I\'m making a legitimate move.  I do have some issues here, however. First of all, if it is a bad game, and I really do wish I had gone to the show, am I allowed to bitch about the game under the Red Sox thread? Secondly, I do not own a pb shirt nor do I own a Breakfast shirt. (*wince*) Number 2 I can do. As far as number 3 goes, I think I\'m in those horrid Yuppieboxes and I have a feeling there won\'t be much chanting in there. This is one of my biggest concerns regarding the game tonight. What if everyone around me is so stiff and reserved that I can\'t even heckle and badger the Dodgers\'s players? Where\'s the fun in that!?

Edit: just realized that you said ONE of the following. So I guess I\'m in the clear as long as number 2 is taken care of.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 11:44:03 am by jocelyn »
Masturbation in the MFA

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
Looks like the yuppie box is gonna be a lot headier tonight.....

Have fun joc.

Now I have to rock out twice as hard.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph