Author Topic: 6-9-04 Solo Timmy @ Cliffahans  (Read 6576 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
6-9-04 Solo Timmy @ Cliffahans
« on: June 10, 2004, 01:11:34 am »
*1st Solo Timmy gig with Tim standing all night.  Tim said it was because the mic stand was broken, but I think otherwise.

1: Aja, Alabama Song, America (Kathy\'s Song), Are You Experienced?, Blackbird, Thank You For Letting Me Be Mice Elf Again, TGBFBITS>tangled up in blue tease>Who Loves the Sun, Blowin\' In The Wind, Blue Jay Way>Faster Than A Porpise, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Breathe, Could This Be Magic, Dumb, Pygmy Twylite>Taboot or Not Taboot, Golgi Apparatus

2: Little Sister>PeterGun>Little Sister, Stand, LongView, ?basketcase?, ?all by myself?, Sparkle, HIdw Your Love Away, Big Empty, A Day In The Life, When The Leeve Breaks Tease>HLH Tease>Tangerine>Fairy, On The Road Again>OneBurbon One Tease>On The Road Again, Little Wing, 007>8MilesHigh>Secret Agent Man Tease, The NEW Last Call Song, You and Whose Army>National Anthem

E: Wish You Were Here

Tonight was the biggest crowd for a solo timmy show i have seen.  the place was pretty tight.  It was Africa hot inside, I was sweating like a whore in church.  Lots of "new-to-wednesday" faces in the crowd: Heather, Joanna, Justin & Sabrina.  Great night.

The Are You Experienced was shit that legends are made of.  SICK

The BlueJayWay was haunting and beautiful

SER SOLO FAIRYS

A great night all around.  After getting a Heatherless Heather a few weeks back, I was all jazzed for a HeatherFULL Heather tonight.  I guess it just wasn\'t there, so I look for it on Friday.........

Safe travels to those who still have to get home..........

Gencs
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 10:04:51 am by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Re: 6-9-04 Solo Timmy @ Cliffahans
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 05:52:50 am »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
It was Africa hot inside, I was sweating like a whore in church.  

:P classic quote
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:30:00 am »
musically, i think last night was better than last week. was planning on leaving @ setbreak last night, but was instantly hooked by the second set. set 2 was terrific.

personal highlights:

"Hey Ya" (almost) in set 1.
really the entire 2nd set, but:
Stand (i suggested tim take it into REM\'s \'Stand\'... he didn\'t bite.)
Basket Case
Big Empty (!!!)
When The Levee Breaks > Hard Luck Harry > Tangerine > Fairy (wow)
Little Wing > 8 Miles High > Secret Agent Man > 8 Miles High
You And Whose Army > The National Anthem

fantastic evening. thanks for the jager, guys! :D

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 07:10:04 am »
national anthem?? you mean radiohead or the star speingaled banner?

2 days till JAGER streeeeeeeeeet. :P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 07:30:17 am »
radiohead.. not the whole thing.. just the first verse or so.. i was yelling for street spirit in set 1, but tim doesn\'t know it.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 10:06:09 am »
my bad...all i wanted was a fake plastic trees....I am not a radiohead head
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 10:34:52 am »
damn, that\'s a sick set. i had fun last week, but i\'m not the biggest beatles fan and it was beatles-gone-wild. this set is more my speed. i\'m pissed i wasn\'t there, but oh well. glad you guys had fun

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 10:39:30 am »
packed house
you were missed though

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 10:48:20 am »
Originally posted by galenas
damn, that\'s a sick set. i had fun last week, but i\'m not the biggest beatles fan and it was beatles-gone-wild. this set is more my speed. i\'m pissed i wasn\'t there, but oh well. glad you guys had fun

face it galenes, the stones suck. I dont even like it when they do jumin jack flash. Beatles forever.

heres the only good stuff the stones ever did - wouldnt even fill 1 cd:
under my thumb
on my cloud
19th nervous breakdown
mothers little helper
(heartbreaker)

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, did I mention my favorite band is rush :P

edit: Diana, your quote is awesome!!!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 10:54:59 am »
Paul, no respect for Exile on Main St?  Sticky Fingers?

Moonlight Mile!!!!!!

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 11:06:54 am »
With the exception of Taboo Or Not Taboot and the Are our Experienced? that I\'ve been jonesing for, I suppose I\'m not too pissed that I missed this one.  I\'ll be there next week (hopefully) to claim my Willie the Pimp that has already been paid for.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 01:48:30 pm »
Originally posted by Stephengencs
Paul, no respect for Exile on Main St?  Sticky Fingers?

Moonlight Mile!!!!!!

seriously!! these are two of my favorite albums of all time. thanks for the support, steve!! i also love \'their satanic majesty\'s request.\' very psychedelic.

and paul, i can\'t say that i LOVE when the breakfast does jumping jack flash. it\'s ok, but not even close to the stones. tim and keith are as different as night and day, so are adrian and charlie and ron and bill for that matter.  

the thing that i find so amazing about the stones is their ability to play different styles of music and play them well. from psychedlic rock to country to reggae to you name it, the stones can do it. and a testiment to their ability to do it well is that they\'ve been rocking for more than 40 years! phish only made it half way there and they\'re regarded as one of our generation\'s finest. not that quantity is necessarily a measure of quality, but if the stones sucked (as you claim) music consumers would have rejected them long ago.

and as compared to the beatles, at least the stones have some fu@*in\' balls!

rush is great tho. so we\'re cool there, paul.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 08:29:49 pm »
Originally posted by galenas

seriously!! these are two of my favorite albums of all time. thanks for the support, steve!! i also love \'their satanic majesty\'s request.\' very psychedelic.

and paul, i can\'t say that i LOVE when the breakfast does jumping jack flash. it\'s ok, but not even close to the stones. tim and keith are as different as night and day, so are adrian and charlie and ron and bill for that matter.  

the thing that i find so amazing about the stones is their ability to play different styles of music and play them well. from psychedlic rock to country to reggae to you name it, the stones can do it. and a testiment to their ability to do it well is that they\'ve been rocking for more than 40 years! phish only made it half way there and they\'re regarded as one of our generation\'s finest. not that quantity is necessarily a measure of quality, but if the stones sucked (as you claim) music consumers would have rejected them long ago.

and as compared to the beatles, at least the stones have some fu@*in\' balls!

rush is great tho. so we\'re cool there, paul.

Stones r great but the beatles had the biggest balls of them all. They stopped touring early and concentrated on Studio creations. In the Studio the Beatles took everything known about current recording techniques and current rock music and turned it inside out and sideways from here and back again. the Beatles took more risks in their music after the bubble gum pop stage of their career than anyone to date. When you listen to a Stones album you hear the same basic song configurations. Any extreme attempts at reinventing rock and roll were only done to compete w/ The Beatles. Why do think they were called the bad beatles by some. If The Beatles would have been able to check their egos and stayed together, do you really think there would EVER be a comparison between the 2? I think Not. I could go on and on but you see my point I\'m sure.
Oh and can you name a Stones album that was really any good in the past 15-20 years. As far as longetivity when the $$ is low they tour, not for the love of their music.
Rush is cool for 3 canucks;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:32:56 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 08:33:32 pm »
another thing that should be pointed out - cliff\'s was out of everything on tap except for magic hat pretty early. good thing mike wasnt there, or the 9 prolly woulda been beat as well. BUT, they did come through with the Jager, just one week after my request.. and they had guinness bottles for our car bombs, so we made out ok..

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 09:23:05 pm »
The Stones are one of the most overrated bands of all time. Comparing them to the Beatles is silly. I suppose the Stones were relatively versatile, and I don\'t MIND listening to some of the bluesy stuff. I think they are probably a band that is great to see live (who doesn\'t like watching zombies on stage!?), but, well... all I know is I never really feel inclined to throw in a Stones album..... *yawn*
Masturbation in the MFA