Author Topic: Spring tour FLAC offer  (Read 3853 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 07:46:25 am »
paul, i probably have them. we\'re talking about shows that haven\'t been transferred yet..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 09:16:41 am »
so am i. As far as I know, chris hasnt uploaded any of them. I\'ll post the list when I get home and you can tell me. There all from March -> first couple of april.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 09:21:24 am »
oh i see now.. no, i don\'t have chris\' shows, and i can upload those too..

but matt and i were talking about the shows from the end of the tour, which he hasn\'t transferred (from DAT) yet.

ChrisF

• http://
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 12:28:46 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
matt - just get the shows to me. i can upload to archive 24/7 from work..

i am uploading the shows that i have listed in the first message of this thread. They should all be done this weekend.

ChrisF

Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 12:30:11 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
I dont have the most recent ones, but I have something like 7 of those shows at my house. I\'ll make them for you for friday / sat (i\'ll see you at some point).

paul, you should have all 15 already.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 02:47:35 pm »
I have an almost new Sony A7 (serviced etc) sitting in my Apt transfer rig. Matt if you ever need me to return the favor and do transfers for you guys let me know. I run them on a completely seperate setup so I have my laptop free for tracking etc. I can bang them out if needed even if it is to hand off the RAW PCM and do nothing to it.

Also I was IMing ChrisF before. If you want me to run your mics ever just let me know. I don\'t have the 460\'s for the Cafe 9 show but after chatting with ChrisF I think we got some good ideas. If you gonna have your mics at the show it is always nice to have sweet sounding AKG\'s flying.

Also Uplaoding. As many of you know I work at an ISP and have a decent pipe in my Apt so if you guys need upolad help let me know. Someone just got to point me in the right direction when it comes to Archive.org. I just have neever botherede to upload there before.

PS Will any of you be at StrangeCreek ??? I will have the 460\'s there
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 02:57:20 pm »
if chris is uploading then i wont bother making them for peck, I offered bc i thought you needed the gateway to upload.

as long as it gets out there, thats all that matters
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ChrisF

Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 03:24:48 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
if chris is uploading then i wont bother making them for peck, I offered bc i thought you needed the gateway to upload.

as long as it gets out there, thats all that matters

these shows are all set. dave can upload the next batch of spring shows that matt is working on getting converted to FLAC. it sure takes a long time to upload a whole tour at 30 KB/s. I am about half done though. I just havent set them up yet so they show up on the archive.org page. I will try to do that tonight so i do not have 15 shows to import into the database at once.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
currently getting a room
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 05:29:08 am »
I was listening to a bunch of these yesterday afternoon, and it made me realize how spoiled we are with the multitracking these guys put out. These shows were all recorded using the dat,  2 mic channels in. I don\'t even think they are soundboard. I think they are true \'audience\' recordings. You can definetly hear the difference between these shows and the other recent shows.

you guys rock!
:P

ChrisF

Spring tour FLAC offer
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 01:21:33 pm »
paul, a lot of my md5s are failing for these shows. can you check yours so we can figure out where this problem came from? maybe matt didnt copy all of the files over to his hard drive when he brought it to my house.