Author Topic: [LMA] Deep Banana Blackout 2013-03-02 - Capitol Theatre; Port Chester, NY  (Read 2464 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
http://archive.org/details/dbb2013-03-02.bsc2matrix.flac24

Collection: DeepBananaBlackout
Band/Artist: Deep Banana Blackout
Date: March 2, 2013 (check for other copies)
Venue: Capitol Theatre

Source: Busman BSC2/K31 + Soundboard > Tascam DR-680 (24-bit/48k).
Lineage: Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 (mixing) > Sony Sound Forge Pro 10.0 (0db Normalization; L3 UltraMaximizer Stereo; Fades) > CDWave > FLAC24 via Trader's Little Helper @ Level 8.
Taped by: Dave Pecoraro
Transferred by: Dave Pecoraro

I: Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved > Breakfast At Volo's * > Getch'all '13, Custard Pie, Comin' Round The Mountain, Raspberry, God Made Me Funky ^, Bringin' Up The Rear ^#

II: Rocker intro > Take The Time, Pakaloa Blues, Ying Yang %, Hear My Song @, TUG > Nobody's Fault But Mine, Guitar Solo, Bump & Sway + > It's Too Funky In Here, The Weight > Tijuana Mama

E: jam > Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On ^, Boot! ^

* with "Brunch" intro.
^ with Kung Fu.
# with Matt on cowbell.
% with Jesse Gibbon on keys.
@ with Carrie Sangiovanni on vocals.
+ unfinished.

There was a bit of static coming from the extra vocal mic (set2t05, set2t16).

James “Fuzz” San Giovanni - guitar/vocals
Eric Kalb - drums
Benj LeFevre - bass
Jen Durkin - vocals
Rob Somerville - sax/vocals
Rob Volo - trombone/guitar/vocals
Cyrus Madan - keyboards
Johnny Durkin - percussion
Where to next?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
hilarious. I only just listened to some of my recording yesterday. I'm such a slacker. Was great seeing everyone Sat night.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
hilarious. I only just listened to some of my recording yesterday. I'm such a slacker. Was great seeing everyone Sat night.

Nice to finally meet you after all this time!  It's always nice to put a face to the handle.
Where to next?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams

Nice to finally meet you after all this time!  It's always nice to put a face to the handle.
Absolutely

The old schoolers out and about brought a nice smile to my face. Almost felt like a huge breakfast show :)

Kung fu needs to work in one Bfast tune for us old timers. They do a DBB cover, I think some RAQ occasionally. Throw us a bone! 3/4 Breakfast
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Absolutely

The old schoolers out and about brought a nice smile to my face. Almost felt like a huge breakfast show :)

Kung fu needs to work in one Bfast tune for us old timers. They do a DBB cover, I think some RAQ occasionally. Throw us a bone! 3/4 Breakfast

4 RAQ songs if memory serves me right... Botz, The Ventriloquist, Premium & Barometric Whether...
DBB song is Bringin' Up The Rear... any others?

And as far as B'fast tune... I think Score would work amazingly with this group and their sound.  Just my .02, although I don't know how much credibility I have seeing that I always want to hear that song!
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
They used to do Spunk in the early days. Spunk, Cut Me Some Slack or Score would be good for this crew.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
They used to do Spunk in the early days. Spunk, Cut Me Some Slack or Score would be good for this crew.

Spunk hasn't been done in quite sometime... and I don't think at all since Dangle jumped on board.  And I agree, I think it would have to be a song that obviously fits Fu... not just a Breakfast song for the sake of doing a Breakfast song.  CMSS was done with Rob at the Stella Blues residency back in 2011 and would work well.  And well... the studio version of Score was written with horns for cryin out loud!!!
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator

4 RAQ songs if memory serves me right... Botz, The Ventriloquist, Premium & Barometric Whether...

Make that 5... Loose
Where to next?