Author Topic: The Breakfast in 2013  (Read 12969 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
The Breakfast in 2013
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:19:09 pm »
If anyone hasn't noticed the band now has 500+ likes on a Facebook post hinting they will play in 2013 if they get more than 300 likes.

RAQ is getting back together from what I know nothing about but have heard. Perhaps that gives the guys some time to play some Breakfast shows.

I suspect Kung Fu has only made the band more well known and I also suspect the majority of the old fans, at least the ones who were still around in 2011, have not forgotten about the band and would still go to shows.

If they play some shows here and there that would be awesome, I'd try to make it to every one if it was within reasonable driving distance.

If they wanted to bring The Breakfast back to the spotlight at all maybe they should get Josh Kroop to help with that as well.. it seems like he has played a big part in getting the word out and people out to go to Kung Fu shows.

Either way if these musicians are itching to rock once more hopefully when they do we make a good showing.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: The Breakfast in 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:41 pm »
would be nice to see them play a gig here and there.  i saw the thing about raq playing that festival im florida coming up in february that kung fu is playing at as well.  adrian is actually filling in as the drummer for that gig, so are they getting back together or is this another one off gig like the thing they did in nmyc a few years back?  kung fu continues to pick up steam as the months fly by, and branch seems pretty serious with viral sound at this point.  it would be interesting to see what kroop could do with the breakfast now.... but is it in the cards for the 4 of them?  icertainlyfuckinghopeso!!! but i guess we will just have to wait and see. 

i was disappointed that i missed the gigs they played last year.  it aint easy gettin very far anymore.  IF they do play a gig or a few, i hope one or some of them are local for me so i can catch them!
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:18 pm »
I'm all for the Breakfast playing a few shows in 2013.  I love Kroop, but he seems to have some distorted memory of the Breakfast regularly bringing in 500 heads to each show for a couple years.  Any decent size new england venue(stone church, the spot) would definitely be filled if the breakfast played a few gigs.  And I would hope that if they do play shows, they're standard 2 set shows, I would prefer not forcing people to go to festivals if they wanted to catch their favorite band once this year.  I guess I'm probably asking too much, but really, how can a few Breakfast shows a year hurt anything Kung Fu has built in the past few years? 

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »
Toads Place > Sully's > The Spot > Iron Horse > Stone Church > Higher Ground  would be a nice little NE run...
Where to next?

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »
I would like to see a Breakfast show in 2013.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:02:42 pm »

Here here!!

One show. That's not too much to ask. Maybe they are going to let it rest awhile, and thats ok. But guys seriously think about at least one show in 2013. It will be fun guaranteed!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
hey, look! people still use the board. awesome.

that's all I've got.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »
One upstate NY show like Syracuse or Utica Please

Weekapauquebus

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 02:35:30 pm »
I spoke to Stoops a few months ago about RAQ coming baq for a few shows (right before the announcements), and he said that the Breakfast were probably going to also. It was right after the Banana Breakfast show in Norwalk, and he mentioned that Tim, Adrian and Chris were all looking to play multiple shows this year.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:34 pm »
I spoke to Stoops a few months ago about RAQ coming baq for a few shows (right before the announcements), and he said that the Breakfast were probably going to also. It was right after the Banana Breakfast show in Norwalk, and he mentioned that Tim, Adrian and Chris were all looking to play multiple shows this year.

that would be fucking awesome... i miss them alot and i hope they play a gig around here that i can make, not some fest in bumblefuck new york that i have no way of making. they may have had a hard time making the cash before kung fu started gaining steam. but, i think if they play a gig here and there around new england, ny, nh, vt, etc... they could cash in and make it worth their while, and also make their fanbase some happy campers.
Where to next?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
I agree I think people are hungry for some breakfast. If they could book some good dates at good venues  in strategic places and promote them well to the kung fu/raq/breakfast/general audience I think they could definitely do good in all regards.

After all it was just a stated hiatus to begin with, not a break up and they have played a few shows since then so there no reason why should not make a come back in 2013!

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 10:24:52 am »
hey, look! people still use the board. awesome.

that's all I've got.
LOL, i thought this board died like two years ago (i know there were a bunch of tech issues then), but then i got a notification that Ken had posted on here in some thread i'd apparently set to watch a while back...

anyway, YES to some or at least a breakfast show in 2013!!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:24 pm »
Glad you found your way back jking. Spread the word, and the tunage 8)
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »

I'd just like to see my first breakfast show! ;)

(Yeah, I'm still about, though not here as much as I used to be - probably the only pb fan left in the UK now. sparked into life by someone posting a show on dimeadozen today.)
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 11:18:52 pm »
boombox are you on facebook?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke