Author Topic: Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY  (Read 2667 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:03:07 pm »
Just a heads up for folks. This legendary theatre is being re-opened this Sept. They have a lot of sick shows listed for the upcoming months and a lot fo them go on sale end of this week - next week etc

http://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/

The Roots w/ Bob Weir
Blues Traveler and Spin Doctors
Warren Haynes
Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang
Steve Miller Band (NYE)
Umphrey's

etc etc

If you are unfamiliar it is right over the boarder from CT first exit in NY. I'm pumped that Shapiro (wetlands etc) decided to do this. A really legend being brought back to life. I drove past it a few years ago to see where it was and time was not kind to it. The facade was all peeling etc.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:49 pm »
this is great, quick train ride... looking forward to catching some shows there!
Where to next?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Re: Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:03:44 am »
Went to Galactic on Saturday night with Allen Toussaint opening. The place is very nice.

beer stands everywhere, a couple of small bars at the top of the floor section, a HUGE full service bar on the 2nd floor. beers (brooklyn lager cans) were $8. Im not sure what the other beers were but I would imagine similar. There is a small parking lot across the street that was only $10 which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Large security presence but the few I interacted with were very professional etc. People were def getting down on the floor but mostly vaps very discreet.

The first floor bathrooms are unisex, upstairs they have dedicated mens and womens rooms.

The sound on the floor we found to be kind of flat. I had a chance 2nd set to go upstairs to check it out and the sound in the loge and balcony was surprisingly better. There are 3 rows in the loge (which is essentially just the first 3 rows of the balcony area(AA,BB,CC)) so walk in and step down to the lodge or up to the balcony.

On the floor there were chairs for folks to take a load off (limited but abundant).

It seemed most folks walked in around 9:30PM to give you an idea of when the place started to fill in. doors were 630pm and show listed at 8 (allen went on at 830)

We had a really good time. Many many folks from gathering of the vibes are working this place so you'll more than likely see a familiar face or three.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19