Author Topic: Arrested Development (show not band) Thread  (Read 33330 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Arrested Development (show not band) Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2004, 12:29:06 pm »
I loved the Co. name Gobias( as in Go buy us some coffee) and the cage dancing can\'t be beat. The Free speech zone was classic. or how abt
Tobias"It\'s not abt sex. I don\'t just lie there if that\'s what you\'re thinking"
Michael" That\'s not what I WAS thinking"

BTW         NO HAIR FOR OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 12:34:45 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2004, 12:45:05 pm »
...and about being in bed with Robert Redford:

\'actually, that time, that IS what i was thinking!\' :lol:

leith

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 01:26:04 pm »
Yeah I was gonna cont. the thought but decided u 2 would know the rest. I gotta work Sun. nite so Bush can got to hell. I will just watch my tape of AD episodes when I get home that nite.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2004, 10:34:27 am »
this friday, jason bateman will be on Last Call with Carson Daly... (elisha cuthbert is on too! :drool: )

Fr 4/16: Elisha Cuthbert, Jason Bateman, Rocco DiSpirito, Twista, No Use For A Name

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2004, 07:26:16 am »
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|87678|1|,00.html

FOX Renews \'24,\' \'The O.C.\'

(Wednesday, April 21 11:15 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - With its summer programming slate already in order, FOX is looking forward to the fall, renewing a quartet of its strongest current offerings. The network announced on Wednesday (April 21) that Golden Globe winning drama "24," admired comedies "The Bernie Mac Show" and "Malcolm in the Middle" and popular freshman drama "The O.C." will be back for a full season next year.
Those four shows join previously announced renewals for "The Simpsons," "That \'70s Show" and "King of the Hill."

FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman also announced that late-night sketch comedy regular "MADtv" will be back for three additional seasons.

"We are delighted to bring back \'Bernie,\' \'Malcolm,\' \'24\' and \'The O.C.,\'" Berman says. "These celebrated and groundbreaking shows are the backbone of FOX\'s scripted programming and we\'re pleased that these outstanding series will remain a vital part of our year-round programming mix."
None of the four renewals was a real surprise, with the shows representing FOX\'s most watched a praised scripted offerings.

"Bernie Mac" has the smallest audience of the four, drawing 7.73 million per week. However, the show has been a solid performer in an array of time slots, currently helping to anchor Monday nights, nabbing an Emmy and multiple NAACP Image Awards along the way.

"Malcolm," which just celebrated it\'s 100th episode, averages 8.7 million viewers, though those numbers are down from 10.6 million through the same time last season. The comedy remains a reliable Emmy and Golden Globe nominee

Earlier this year, "24" captured its first Golden Globe for outstanding drama and after a rough creative start to its third season, recent episodes have garnered fresh critical acclaim. Despite drawing 9.93 million viewers per episode, the show is still off by nearly 2 million from last season.

Launching at the tail end of the summer, "The O.C." has become a reliable ratings winner among teens and young adults and, thanks to a recent "American Idol" lead-in, its audiences have risen to an average of 9.56 million for the season.

These four renewals leave FOX with only a few shows on the bubble for next season, notably Eliza Dushku\'s "Tru Calling" and the critically adored "Arrested Development." :(

lord help them if they don\'t renew AD... actually, same goes for TC, cause i watch that as well.. i\'m sure they\'ll roll out 73 new reality shows without a problem though.. :rolleyes:

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2004, 12:23:29 pm »
I can\'t wait for Fox\'s next project, "The Ugly Fuckling," where a supermodel is forced to eat Arby\'s for a month, smeared in mustard, and then various NFL offensive lineman are timed to see whether they can eat or fuck her first. Quality programming for the entire family. A little Jiffy Pop. Money talks and good shows walk.

Pitch
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 12:26:09 pm by ChrisPitch »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2004, 12:33:59 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|87678|1|,00.html

lord help them if they don\'t renew AD... actually, same goes for TC, cause i watch that as well.. i\'m sure they\'ll roll out 73 new reality shows without a problem though.. :rolleyes:

um, simpsons???

that would suck if they did like futurama and just cut it off!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2004, 12:40:47 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
um, simpsons???

that would suck if they did like futurama and just cut it off!

Those four shows join previously announced renewals for "The Simpsons," "That \'70s Show" and "King of the Hill."

davepeck

• Administrator
it ain\'t over yet...
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2004, 08:33:32 am »
great episode last night! the extreme that they took the TYDTWD was hilarious! this ep definitely needs another 1-2 more viewings to catch everything.. there was a LOT going on..

while most places had this listed as the season finale, there\'s still one more episode, which is slated to air on JUNE 6th according to this:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-17005/epid-316738/

Originally scheduled to air April 25th, then rescheduled to May 2nd after the Bush News Confrence, then put back on 4/25, pre-empting "Not Without My Daughter" for another season. Then thrown out on the Thursday before it was scheduled to air, as "Not Without My Daughter" aired instead. Rescheduled to air June 6th.

1+ month before the next episode?! :rolleyes: FOX is clueless. it\'s really not looking good for AD. :(

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2004, 08:44:56 am »
btw, that site has a really good AD ep guide here:

http://www.tvtome.com/ArrestedDevelopment/guide.html

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2004, 02:02:59 pm »
This week\'s episode was another in a long line of gems. Fortunately, there has been somewhat of a media backlash against Fox for not initially renewing the show. Consequently, Arrested Development made the cover of the actual TV Guide this week, in addition to having this article written about it in the on-line TV Guide. My gut feeling: the show made virtually every critics\' Top 10 list for best program of this season. Even Fox can\'t be that stupid. Get ready for Season Two.

Still, this article does raise some interesting, and unfortunately negavite aspects, about the chances for AD\'s survival.

Pitch

By Matt Roush

Last night, I said goodbye to Fox\'s Arrested Development with quite a bit of apprehension. Not just because the network has yet to renew the show — that decision may not be made until late next month, when Fox announces more details of its evolving lineup on May 20 — but because the episode billed as its "season finale" wasn\'t really intended to be.

The first season ended one episode short because a recent schedule crunch following a presidential press conference shifted 24 to Sunday, pushing this struggling comedy off the lineup. (As one of my co-workers suggested to me, why didn\'t Fox just replace one of its umpteen Simpsons repeats with that week\'s Arrested Development? It would have made sense, while also giving the show a chance to see how well it could perform in the more hospitable post-Simpsons time period.)

The episode that aired April 25 was, as usual, very funny, with a running gag involving the annual "bring your daughter to work day" that illuminated many of the hilarious neuroses in the Bluth family. But there was supposed to be one more episode, intended as a cliffhanger of sorts, that is now in limbo, as Fox benches this brilliantly eccentric series in anticipation of the season\'s final sweeps period. I\'ve read the script of this unaired episode, and it\'s a doozy, involving a revelation of more malfeasance — this time international — on the part of patriarch George Bluth. (Fans many recall him telling his son Michael a while back, "There\'s a good chance I may have committed some light treason.")

Confronting his viperish mother, Michael (the excellent Jason Bateman) says, "There\'s been a lot of lying in this family." Her response: "And a lot of love." His comeback: "More lies."

That sort of waspish wit, combined with an anything-goes farcical sensibility, helped make Arrested Development the best new TV comedy too few people were watching all season long. While we wait anxiously to see if Fox will do the right thing and give this offbeat gem a chance to catch on — and, in the tradition of that other unique slow starter Seinfeld, maybe even flourish — we can also count the days until Fox finally airs the unseen episode. The current plan is for the actual season finale to air outside the regular season, on June 6.

While I\'m cautiously optimistic Fox will stand behind the show and renew it, this situation does give you pause. Why would a network give a series one more year when it can\'t find the time to schedule one more episode?

leith

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2004, 02:24:17 am »
Reminder:  the missing episode airs this Sunday June 6th. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2004, 03:01:34 am »
yesssss!

huge night tomorrow.. gotta prioritize... AD missing ep, Sopranos season finale, and of course, THE LAKE SHOW! busy night for the tivo tomorrow..

leith

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2004, 03:20:53 am »
Dave does the Purple and Gold Invitational come on after AD for you guys ? I get it to cap off my night with the Finals leading off the party.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2004, 03:32:58 am »
yeah, i think AD is on at 8:30 EST, with the game on at 9...

oh, the dvd set showed up yesterday. haven\'t watched it yet, but just a couple comments - horrible packaging, and flipper discs. yuck. i\'m sure the content is tremendous though...

man, i really need to go to bed..