Author Topic: Celtics suck or this year's NBA thread  (Read 9708 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Celtics suck or this year's NBA thread
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »
Well we're over halfway done with this shortened year and no one has bothered to make a thread so here ya go.
Lakers put it to the old fuckers in green last night which was nice. I don't expect much from The Lakers this year but at least they will be in the running. I love how when the celts have a shit year they really suck and reside in the bottom half of playoff teams in their conference while The Lakers have a shit year and are still in the top 4 of theirs.

AS usual the east will probably have an under .500 team in the playoffs while the West probably will not as it stands now it's the Knicks but those celts may not let me down. hahaha

Miami and OKC would be really fun to watch if The Lakers can't get there. I'm hoping the Bulls can pull through and get past Miami but i think the time is right for the Heat to finally get it done with their"big three".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:21:23 am by kindm's »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

JHamel

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »
Oh God,  It's best not to talk about the celtics anymore.  As a life long fan of the Green, it's all over for awhile.  A quick playoff massacre by CHI or MIA is the most merciful end to this season.  It's pretty wide open as far a the three Elite teams and the four or five next tier teams, but one guarantee is that the celts are not built for back to backs, or multiple games against far superior younger teams.   

Fuck the Heat, Bleed Green.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:22:31 am by kindm's »
"The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe."

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:09 am »
The Celts are definitely on the decline but they have the veteran savvy to make a little noise in the playoffs. The Heat though are really coming into their own this year. Seems like they are going to walk all the way to the finals.

I've enjoyed watching the Lakers play actually, something I can't remember happening since the Magic-Worthy-Kareem days. OKC might be the real deal in the West. Youth is going to triumph over teams like the Mavs and the Spurs. I really like that the Clippers are relevant though I don't like how the league decided where CP3 ended up.

As a life long Suns fan this is a tough year. They are playing well enough to maybe sneak the last s*** and get bounced in the first round. I hate to say it but it would be great to suck this year and miss the playoffs and get a good draft pick. Not sure if Nash will be around much longer.

Bummer that Rubio got hurt, he is fun to watch play.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:23:13 am by kindm's »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:41:00 am »
leith the lakers suck and so do you
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:23:24 am by kindm's »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Re: Celtics suck or this year's NBA thread
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:12:29 pm »
I guarantee the Celtics will last longer in the playoffs than the Lakers do this year.  As they did last year as well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:23:32 am by kindm's »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:24 am »
Kevin Garnett looks as healthy as he's ever been in the past 4 seasons.  28 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks and i'm pretty sure only 1 foul.  Pierce had 36 points and 14 rebounds in game 2.  Rondo had a triple double in game 3.  and we haven't even see Ray Allen take a game over yet.  It's nice to have 4 different guys who can take a game over and win it for you in the playoffs, nevermind if they are all firing in the same game.  And while the Lakers will have Metta World Peace back for their win or die game 7 against the Nuggets.  The Celtics will start off round 2 against the 76ers(thank you Chicago).  Last I checked the Celts had one of the best if not the best record since the All-Star break and before the season started most people assumed the short schedule with more games would work against the Celtics.

I feel bad for the Lakers as they only have 1 guy who can truly win a game for them.  Granted they have plenty of solid role players, but only Kobe can rise to occasion when the pressure is on.  At least the Heat have 2 people that can carry their other players when their not holding their own.  The Celtics have four of them.   

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:20:25 am »
and by the way leith, the #8 seed in the east was the Sixers who were 35-31, which is 4 games over .500 and only 1 game back from the defending champions of the west who had a paltry 7th seed.  Like I said last year, the East is continually getting better and are just as strong as the West now.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:58 pm »
and by the way leith, the #8 seed in the east was the Sixers who were 35-31, which is 4 games over .500 and only 1 game back from the defending champions of the west who had a paltry 7th seed.  Like I said last year, the East is continually getting better and are just as strong as the West now.

You prove my point. The East's 8 seed wasn't even as good as the West's 7th seed and it was a shortened season. You keep saying it but the numbers do not support you at all. Again the Champ will come from the West in OKC. The East is not as strong as the West and the numbers support that. Esp. where it counts seeing as the West has dominated for the past decade in the Championship category.
Keep thinking you're watching better basketball though, it's cute.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.