Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-03-13 - The Living Room; Providence, RI  (Read 4043 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2004-03-13 - The Living Room; Providence, RI
« on: March 14, 2004, 11:32:20 am »
I: What The Funk, Taboo Or Not Taboot, Help On The Way > Slipknot! > jam > Cut Me Some Slack, No Regret*, Drunk Monk Bar, Gravity > Frankly Po Zest > Gravity > Frankly Po Zest, Doughboy, Buquebus > Cinnamon Girl

E: Score, Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche

Code: [Select]
[i]* first time played.[/i]

---

massive b&p to the person who burns this place down.

it just doesn\'t get any worse than this. the band could have played the best show they\'ve ever played last night, but no one would know it, because what the band was playing and what was coming through the speakers were two completely different things. the sound at the living room was probably the worst it\'s ever been - inaudible vocals through most of the show, snap/crackle/pop in the speakers, instruments in and out... just terrible.

i\'m actually surprised they debuted a song under such conditions, but then again, the show prolly sounded great through their IEM\'s.. i *think* i like the new song, but i\'ll have to hear the real thing first. sounds like another strong vocal song for ronnie though..

supposedly the living room is getting a brand new PA next week. blah. isn\'t that like putting rims on an \'86 Chevy Celebrity?? this place needs to just go away.

had a great time at Trinity before the show though. guess that\'s the one positive reason to keep going to providence.. i may be done with the living room though. it\'s just too depressing.

we saw as good as it gets on friday, and as bad as it gets on saturday.. would have rather sent the band off on friday\'s note, but what can you do? friday will remain a breakfast powerhouse show for a long time, and we\'ll just pretend that saturday never happened. :)

mvallo

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 12:16:24 pm »
Dave, you summed it up nicely.   What was coming out of the PA was completely unacceptable.   It\'s one thing to not hear the vocals, but to hear them cutting in and out completely distorted was ridiculus.  I heard people left  because the sound was so offensive.   There has to be a better place in providence, I just don\'t get why they keep going back.

Because of the major problems with the soundboard, I was unable to get a patch and that was probably a good thing because I did\'t want to be blamed for it!   I feel bad for Josh D, he did all he could do  fix the problerms.  I guess there\'s not much you can do with a shorted out soundboard.

I was able to record the show.  Chris f. ran X-y at the first pole and I had the 480\'s on stage.  I really don\'t want to release this show but I am sure many of you want to hear No Regret, first time played.  Musically it was a phenominal show, tight set, etc.  What a shame.

Oh, did I metion the lights looked great and most of them were working!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 12:33:17 pm »
i brought this up over dinner last night i think...

the living room is a venue where there is no chance of anyone seeing the band for the first time by accident.. what i mean is, no one is gonna go to this place with any other intention than seeing the band, so there\'s really no chance of exposing the band to new people by playing the living room.. no one is gonna stroll in by accident, and say \'wow, these guys are really good\'.. and that\'s probably a good thing, because the sound is so bad, you could easily walk in there and say \'this is the worst thing i\'ve ever heard in my life\'. and thus, they\'re essentially playing to the same crowd every time they play the living room. the only way to get new people in providence, is to play a different venue.

and that\'s right, they added some cans. but again, refer to my \'tricked out Celebrity\' comment.. give me running water, heat, and scrape the fungus off the ceiling first. :(

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 12:39:22 pm »
unfortunately people dont realize its not the bands fault about the attrocious sounds so they leave with a false impression of how good these guys really are. Jordan was pretty pissed that despite his strong  attempt at Drunk Monk, we heard nothing comming out of his vocals.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 12:41:12 pm »
bring on the wreckin ball!!!!!!!!!!!!besides the equator in manchester,last night was the worst show ive seen..just sad.felt really bad for the crowd and the band and especially dobs,who went nuts trying to make that place sound as decent as possible..fucking horrible.i was thinking to myself through the first 2 bands sets if those horrific noises were gonna continue through the breakfast.i guess so.hmm,what else??the beers there-horrible.ordered 1 murphys and left it on the bar 75%through and promised to not touch anything else.the greenroom....hmm,where do i begin?take 1 chair and a 50 gallon metal pan filled with piss,spit and cigarette butts,and some other random floater,and thats the greenroom.fucking nasty.17 year old dudes and chicks fucked up on drugs and hammering down beers like its the right thing to do..the pooltables..hmm,it seems to me,like,my best guess,is that there were babies born,no actual births,on those tables...gross..the batrooms,everyone knows.need i say more?fucking disgusting.i wouldnt point my worst enemy the direction to the bathroom even is he was shittin his pants...any of the bunch that funneled out the doors because of how terrible it sounded i just say to give the boys another shot.mvp of the night goes t odobs for not quitting right then and there...peck,awesome,i mean terrific job on lights..unreal reelly.almost comparable to a pink floyd sort feeling...i was close enough to the band to actually hear what was going on during no regrets and it seemed like it was a pretty ser tune.definately short like the rest of the new batch seems to be,but sweet.i know ronnie screams.right outta the gates wtf had no vocals and i was like here we go again.they pulled it off because thank god theres not too much singing.i kno wthat dmb was ser.they totally ripped it out for awhile and everyone seemed to be going pretty nuts.gravity is one of my favorites and frankly if one of my least favorites but in the sandwich,of sorts,it was pretty ser.i wish they saved this special sandwich for the cafe9 homecoming shows because it was almost a waste at the dying room.by the time doughboy came out i was miserable..thanks to the excellent tapers we have ive sorta gotten used to listening to good(decent)recording of the shows.since doughboys debut,ive listened to nothing but stellar versions of this tune,which has quickly grown as one of my favorites..last night was painful to listen to ..fuckingd popping noises outta nowhere..the place is a shitbox rathole.it needs to be renovated(knocked down).the encore was incalled for.if they played phaddy me and peck were gona puke in the 50 pan in the greenroom!!hope to never see that place again.lemme rephrase that,youll neer see me at that place again.breakfast-good luck on the road.im sure there can be no venue in the country worse than that place.that could only mean good things!marcial,treat the boys good for me!!!see yaal april30th-may1st at cafe9
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 01:59:26 pm »
if freddie is willing to type that much, with little to no spelling mistakes, than you know it must have been worse than you might have imagined.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

DirtyAugie27

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 02:31:08 pm »
I gotta say, the living room (or Providence) is one of the only places I can see PB without traveling 3+ hours, but the sound last night was a slap in the face...I can deal with the living room being a shithole so long as the music kicks ass, which it did....unfortunately the whole soundsystem was so atrocious I don\'t think anyone even got a feel for how good they were playing.....I was up next to the stage behind the speakers the whole show so I didn\'t have to hear much of the shitty distortion blaring over what they were playing, but I would love to hear the recording of the show (if it came out alright) because I think some jams (esp. Help on the way) just got totally destroyed despite the fact that the guys were really tearing it up....but I would say it\'s def. time for a change of venue in Providence, and if not, there\'s places down here in Fall River the guys could play....

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 03:08:15 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
if freddie is willing to type that much, with little to no spelling mistakes, than you know it must have been worse than you might have imagine.

classic...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:43:45 pm »
absolutely the worst sound I have heard in my life of any place. feel bad for the guys, cos they seemed like they were playin their guts out. if not for the sound last night woulda been an awesome show. i spent the first twenty minutes or so by the right speakers, and lemme tell you those things are awful, you couldn\'t even hear jordan out of that side, not just his vocals either. i cast my vote for The Call next time up this way, if that\'s doable. dave hit the nail ont he coffin when ya said no one happens to casually walk into the place and it\'s the same crowd every time. damn shame too, cos i honestly think that there are much more people up here that would love these guys and definitely go if it weren\'t at the living room.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

rustyD

• http://
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 02:02:52 pm »
The Breakast NEEDS to get a foothold at the CALL in providence.  This place is the exact opposite of the living room, for real.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 02:06:43 pm »
by the way, for anyone who hates the Living Room, i highly suggest you go to http://www.citysearch.com and rate it and write a review about it. it currently has a 7.1 \'best of\' rating, which is just unheard of.

audiofile

• nob spinner
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 04:05:34 pm »
I tried, but its like fucking a yellow donkey while falling fast straight down into the fucking canyon.  Thats what the sound systems sounded like.  ser though, for those who care, the board was the worst part of it all, I actually had to knock on the faders to get them to work and pray that when I actually try to move them they dont cut out.  I will say it again, that was the last show that sound system will ever do, at least if I can help it.      

Sorry about the shit, but I feel worse knowing people left, oh well, another one bites the dust, shake shake shake till the next edition of the breakfast!  Remember, nothing tastes better than Breakfast for dinner!!!! :-)
[EVIL]I\'m sorry, I can\'t hear you![/EVIL]

rustyD

• http://
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 04:09:08 pm »
there are amps at the Call that were donated to the club by the grateful dead, from their 1973 wall of sound.  The place ROCKS to the core.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 04:34:43 pm »
Originally posted by rustyD
there are amps at the Call that were donated to the club by the grateful dead, from their 1973 wall of sound.  The place ROCKS to the core.

That would be 1974 actually.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Ric Olie

• Gravity is my Friend
    • http://www.phishhook.com/cgi-bin/gotolist.cgi?login=ric420olie
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 11:11:35 pm »
i thought this show was sick sick sick...besides the sound obviously...but i definately would love to have this show...so if anybody is torrenting it please post it here