Author Topic: Please support me in the Boston Marathon!  (Read 2792 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Please support me in the Boston Marathon!
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »
Dear B-Fam:

On April 16, 2012, when I cross the finish line, I will accomplish two goals: running the Boston Marathon and raising vital funds for Jumpstart, an innovative leader in the early childhood education field that is working to close America’s achievement gap.  More than 50% of children from low-income neighborhoods start first grade up to two years behind their peers. When children start behind, they are more likely to stay behind. To stop this widening achievement gap, Jumpstart intervenes early by serving children in preschool; a critical age that can affect future school success.

This issue impacts us all. When children fall behind, our taxes pay for the remediation (incarceration, unemployment, special education). However, every $1 invested in a quality early childhood education programs yields an estimated $7 return to society. Children who complete quality early childhood education programs do better in school academically and are less likely to dropout, be arrested, repeat grades, or require special education. Intervening early lays the foundation necessary for future school success.

Having been born and raised in Framingham and with my mom living in Coolidge Corner for the past 10 years, the Boston Marathon has always been close to me and I am psyched to finally be running it.  I am also quite proud to be running for Jumpstart, an childhood education charity, because as many of you know I have recently become a teacher at Natick High School.

My fundraising goal for the Boston Marathon is my highest ever: $5,000.  In order to reach this huge goal, I need as many $100 donors as I can get.  If I can get 50 people to join the WOLF\'S CENTURY CLUB then I will reach my goal!  All $100 donors will have their name written on my jersey on Marathon Day.  If you cannot do $100 that is fine; every donation counts!  But if you can do it, this will really help me reach such a huge goal and I will reward you in many ways : )

I cannot thank each of you enough for your past and present support.  This year I will be thanking donors in every way I can starting with personal mentions on the blog on my donation page.

To make donations and to see the blog with my latest training and fundraising updates, please click the following link (and feel free to share it!)

http://bit.ly/gowolfgo[/COLOR]

Thanks again and see you out there on April 16th!

Yours truly,
Seth
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:48:47 pm by Wolfman »

Wolfman

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »
Bump for updated first post!

Wolfman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:33 pm »
Hey gang!

I am about 6 weeks into working towards my goals of raising $5,000 and running my first Boston Marathon on April 16th.  So far the training is going great!  I ran 10.5 miles no problem yesterday and feeling great.

Here is the biggest challenge: I need to raise by biggest goal ever: $5,000 by April 16th and $1,000 by next Sunday.  It won\'t be easy but I am determined to make it happen.  I am looking for two types of donors:

1. If you can donate at the $100 level, that will really drive me towards my goal.  By joining WOLF\'S CENTURY CLUB you will get a prominent mention on my donation page, your name will be prominently displayed on my race-day jersey, and I will be sending handwritten thank-you\'s as well.  If there is anything else I can do to thank you, please let me know...even though I can never truly thank you enough!

2. If you can give anything, every donation counts!  $52.40 is the "out-and-back-and-Wolf-don\'t-slack" and $26.20 is the "make-Wolf-smile-for-a-buck-a-mile".  Either donation is greatly appreciated and will be prominently thanked on my fundraising-page blog.  If there is anything I can do to thank you, please let me know...even though I can never truly thank you enough!    

Thank you for your support!  Please feel free to forward this message to anyone you know and to share the link!

http://bit.ly/gowolfgo[/B]

Thank you again for your support!
Yours,
Seth

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:52 am »
Errr...if you have a 501c my donations will be matched
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Wolfman

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:39:05 am »
I do indeed have the 501c!  Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1o1rcqFOq_O2N-4q6Ir6goqMHozOxAOmSaC1NRDQr-Phpve0s8GN55-ZMQ84-&hl=en_US

Please let me know if you need anything else.  Thanks to "Mrs. Tickler", bdfreetuna, Tyzack, Ken, and DavePeck! (so far!)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:34:49 pm by Wolfman »

tyzack

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:52 am »
Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you don\'t have permission to view the document.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Wolfman

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »
Changed the sharing setting, it\'s all set.  Thank you for your persistence!

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 03:35:19 pm »
trying to find out if my company will match for this. if so, i\'ll up my contribution so they\'ll chip in more, too!

Wolfman

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:38 pm »
Quote from: jking;275151
trying to find out if my company will match for this. if so, i\'ll up my contribution so they\'ll chip in more, too!

Thanks so much for your continues support!  And thanks to Mark for donating today!

Wolfman

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »
Thanks to J King and Ken Raflowitz for your generous donations this week!  So amazing to get so much support from the B-Fam!  Still have a long way to go!  

If you\'d like to make a donation to help some underprivileged kids learn read and support me in the Boston Marathon, donate here: bit.ly/gowolfgo[/B]