Author Topic: 10 best breakfast shows  (Read 3859 times)

tyzack

• http://
10 best breakfast shows
« on: November 05, 2011, 04:37:28 pm »
Not the ones that you\'ve attended, but the 10 best ones that you think they played...

Most of the ones I went to all blend together into one memory of ser pwnage...

(this is mainly for shows to dl)
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:13:57 pm »
This list will get revised and updated possibly with links but you all know how to use the LMA.

In chronological order. Also I am not choosing my favorites based on how long the show was, how historically important it was, what a rare awesome setlist it might have been, or anything like that.

These are my picks for The Breakfast playing at the absolute top of their game and putting together a show that clicks and vibes or is a ton of fun from start to finish. Or else I just really liked the show :)

Also I am going to start in 2004 because I don\'t really remember shows before that very well (and I\'m not sure setlists or recordings even exist for the shows I saw in 2002/2003). And I think the band has got better as time went on anyway.

* Indicates that I attended the show, so I probably like it more because of that...

*2004-10-30 The Electric Company Utica NY

I. Superfly Phaddy Fat > Inner Glimpse, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In), Beef Barley, Bugs, Traffic Boom > The Vermont Song > Score, Hotel California (Spanish), Wild Pack of Asscracks

II. The Man In Me > What the Funk > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me (best version ever) > No Glove No Love, Drum Solo, Looking Out My Back Door > The Chase

E: Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche, Whipping Post

*2005-09-24 Undergrounds Cafe SUNY Binghampton

jam > Cut Me Some Slack,  jam > Sleeping Beauty > Beef Barley, Escher\'s Etchings > Message in a Bottle, No Glove No Love, LDZ > HDX, What the Funk, Gravity > jam > Fairy > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Sir Psycho Sexy > Buquebus > Taboo or not Taboot, Space City Affair > 2001

2005-12-17 Kappa Sigma @ UVM

jam > Wake Up In a Coma > Gravity, Puppetry > The Other One > Puppetry, jam > Dig > Sleeping Beauty > Score, jukebox jam > LDZ > Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me > The Chase, Psygn > Rufus > Taboo or not Taboot. I\'m The Slime. jam > What the Funk

*2006-02-25 Premier Music Hall Danbury (i think danbury..)

Dig > No Regret > Dig > LDZ > Psygn > Love Lake, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > No Glove No Love. Jam > Score > jam > taboo or not taboot > Food for Thought > Honey Butter > Food for Thought > Puppetry, Good Things > Buquebus > Night of the Thumpasaurus Peoples

2007-07-05 Rocks Off Boat Cruise

Space City Affair > May Fly Disarray, Beef Barley, Episode 3 (Awakening), Language of the Gods > No Regret > Space City Affair > Space Oddity > jam > Son of Simpleton. jam > Love Lake > jam > Tribal Funk Affliction > Surreal Radio > jam > Tribal Funk Affliction, Bugs, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > We\'re An American Band

2007-09-14 Daniel Street DMB + GBFBITS + Space Oddity = best jamming ever

jam > The Chase, Drunk Monk Bar, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky > Space Oddity > Rufus, Honey Butter > Hard Luck Harry > Honey Butter > Hard Luck Harry > So What > The Grand Scheme of Things > Drum Solo > Happy Birthday to Adrian > What the Funk, Rockin\' In the Free World

*2009-05-22 - Strange Creek

Rufus > May Fly Disarray, Tunage, Wild Pack of Asscracks

*2009-08-01 Sully\'s Pub

Intro > Space City Affair > Escher\'s Etchings Part 1 > Wild Pack of Asscracks, Jam > Buquebus, Wake Up in a Coma > Escher\'s Etchings Part 4 > Beef Barley > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Beef Barley. Eyes Of The World > Synergy, Spunk. Doughboy

*2009-09-18 Let It Roll Festival (best Sundance ever..)

jam > Buquebus, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Garcian Fishbowl > Metropolis > Garcian Fishbowl > Sundance, The Late and the Great > Over Exposure, Taboo or Not Taboot

2009-11-13 Mill Street Brews totally inhuman performance

jam > Mooboos Voodoo > Synergy > Mooboo\'s Voodoo > Synergy, Cut Me Some Slack, Existential Funk, Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me > Score, Rufus > WUIAC > Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me, Episode 3 (Awakening), Rockin in the Free World

*2009-11-25 Sully\'s Pub

Vermont Song, Escher\'s I > Escher\'s II > Existential Funk, Escher\'s IV, jam > Tribal Funk Affliction > Garcian Fishbowl > Sundance > Garcian Fishbowl > Tribal Funk Affliction, Rush, Peaches En Regalia > Synergy

*2011-02-26 The Electric Company Utica NY

Ser Jam > Shotgun Butterfly, Silver Bullet > Gravity, Blessing in the Skies, Existential Funk, The Grobe, Honey Butter > Merge > Honey Butter, Zee on the Mic > Synergy, Reel Time, Ahead of Your Doom, Time To Pretend, Tunage, Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me, Break On Through to the Other Side

*2011-07-29 The Big Up most ser playing I\'ve witnessed. Lost recording.

Set I: jam > Tunage, Puppetry, Mayfly Disarray, Existential Funk, Synergy > Synchronicity II > Synergy

*2011-09-19 Stella Blues

Jam > Hard Luck Harry > Reel Time, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Jam > Mayfly Disarray. See The light > Jam > Puppetry, Rufus > Spunk. Merge

apparently that is 14 shows.

Both BreakFESTs should definitely be up on there as well
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 11:47:28 am »
really, no one else can be arsed to give their top 10?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

tyzack

10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
I\'ve been thinking about mine...

1/something/04 - Crossroads, palmer ma:
My first show...so that about sums up why it\'s on the list

1/23/07 - century lounge, pvd...covered the album PB first set, second set pygn->tricky ways->lit was tits.

11/something/05, stone church, new market...opened with sundance->pygn, had one of the sickest sandwiches in the second set: queeb->harry->queeb->harry...ended with the chase

12/something/05, middle east, boston...christmas tour that year, another sick queeb and one of the best LDZs I\'ve ever heard

2/27-28-29/08 run (wheel house->mill street->red square) : Three great shows that all flowed together.

11/something/07 - wheelhouse...as mentioned of FB earlier this week "this show is sex"

Star Wars, lebowski, and phish-cover freak-outs...
the freak-out which i "refunded" in the iron horse bathroom...

BreakFEST 1...honestly i was a bit let down by II...

3/22/08 -> toads place, best Mooboo ever to open the second set

4/20/08 -> someplace in NYC...there were artists painting backstage, at the show was sick...
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 02:34:04 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;274228
I\'ve been thinking about mine...

1/something/04 - Crossroads, palmer ma:
My first show...so that about sums up why it\'s on the list

Crossroads show was fun! I was thinking about that one for my list..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:41 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;274224
really, no one else can be arsed to give their top 10?

Where are you copy/pasting the setlists from?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »
I wasn\'t copy/pasting I was reading the songs on my mp3 jukebox and typing them in. So any of the shows I mentioned are show I also have downloaded. And also, therefore I didn\'t bother to split the shows apart by set and encore, just order of songs. Well, > means >, , means , , and . means setbreak .. :D

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 04:35:49 pm »
#1 show ever was pop\'s blue moon in st. louis 2006
*Gia*

frolfer

• breakfast geek
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:01 pm »
This is a tough one:

Here are a few of my tops:

December 7th, 2001 - Colorado Brewing Company; Danbury, CT
I: Take Five*, Jam, Escher\'s Etchings > Taboo Or Not Taboot, See The Light > The Vermont Song
II: Jam** > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Drum Solo, Jam*** > Score
* Dave Brubeck cover; first time played.
** 26 minutes; with \'Cannonball\' (The Breeders) teases.
*** with \'Bathtub Gin\' (Phish) teases.
http://www.archive.org/details/pb2001-12-07.shnf

Might of been a dew, but this show is jam city. love it.

February 5th, 2004 - Monroe Community College; Rochester, NY
I: LDZ > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky > Vera St. > Jam > Inner Glimpse, Za, Buquebus > Folsom Prison Blues, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Drum Solo, Taboo or Not Taboot

E: Tom Sawyer
http://www.archive.org/details/pb2004-02-05.flac16

My first show, so it has to be a part of my list.

November 26th, 2011 - Red Square; Albany, NY
I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, Tunage, Sundance, Scarlet Begonias

II: Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples jam > Taboo or Not Taboot, Tribal Funk Affliction, Drunk Monk Bar

E: Peaches en Regalia > Frankenstein*

* from drum solo > end.

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2010-11-26.flac16

Awesome stuff!!

July 25th, 2009 - Cabinfest; Andes, NY
Jam > Hard Luck Harry > Cut Me Some Slack, May Fly Disarray

I really wish that a tape exists. Set ended early because of noise complaints.

September 18th, 2009 - Let It Roll Festival; Ghent, NY
I: jam > Buquebus, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Garcian Fishbowl > Metropolis > Garcian Fishbowl, Sundance, The Late And The Great > Over Exposure, Taboo Or Not Taboot

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2009-09-18.matrixAKG483

Otherworldly show in surreal settings

December 30th, 2008 - Ace Of Clubs; New York, NY
I: jam > Inner Glimpse, Escher\'s Etchings (Part 1) > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 2) > See The Light*> Escher\'s Etching\'s (Part 4), Jam > Sundance, Synergy > Wake Up In A Coma > Synergy, Jam > Buquebus, Drunk Monk Bar, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), Metropolis**

* inverted
** with drum and bass jam; with \'You\'re A Grand Old Flag\' [George M. Cohan] tease

Mindblower of a show!!!

April 22, 2006 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA
I: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Psygn > Cut Me Some Slack, jam > No Regret, Future Peek > Doughboy > Wake Up In A Coma > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

II: Drum Intro > See The Light > LDZ > HDX > jam > Son Of Simpleton, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Rufus > Tricky Ways, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Spunk

E: Intension

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2006-04-22.483.flac16

Love this one, sick setlist!

June 18th, 2010 - JAM-Boree Festival; Ellicottville, NY
I: jam > Tunage, The Vermont Song > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You), Beef Barley, No Quarter > jam > Rush, Existential Funk

June 19th, 2010 - JAM-Boree Festival; Ellicottville, NY
I: The Chase, jam > May Fly Disarray, Synergy, Terrapin Station, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Vortex 4 (Johnny Q\'s Magic Bike Ride) > No Quarter

Parts of these shows are available as mp3s. Look for it in the Score! forum. Highly recommended sbds.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:28:53 pm by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »
^^
April 22, 2006 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA

Normally I\'m not one to yearn for the past, but that show is one memory I would not mind reliving again

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 09:28:47 am »
My top 10 list is a personal list, maybe not the best of all time, based on everyone\'s opinion, but these are the shows that I find myself going back to listen to on a regular basis...

FIRST FREAKOUT
10/30/99 (Sat)  Puppet House Theatre - Branford, CT

Set 1: Episode 1(Happy), No Glove No Love, Magic Fingers > See the Light (1) > Magic Fingers, Beef Barley (2), Garcian Fishbowl, Fire

Set 2: Phaddy Boom Baddy, tgsot > Moby Dick > TGSOT > Special Secret Song Inside (3), What the funk, Walk on the Wild Side (4), The Vermont Song, Love Lake, Oompa Loompa Song > Puppetry (5), Scarlet Begonias (6) > Earache My Eye > Scarlet Begonias

Set 3: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), Superfly Phaddy Fat, Sweet Leaf > Gypsy Girl > Hush (7) > Lit, YEM > Little Wing (9) > YEM, Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche

----------------------------------------
JUST A GREAT SHOW
01/08/00 (Sat)  Lion\'s Den - Manhattan, NY

Set 1: Intro > Episode 1 (Happy) > Peaches en Regalia > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), What the Funk, Garcian Fishbowl, No Glove No Love, Love Lake, Drunk Monk Bar, The Vermont Song, Touch Me > Tribal Funk Afflliction, Bugs (1), Lit, Superfly Phaddy Fat > Drum Solo > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche

LONG FIRST SET; TRIPPY SECOND SET
08/12/00 (Sat)  Yasgur\'s Farm - Bethel, NY

Set 1: LDZ > Tribal Funk Affliction, Superfly Phaddy Fat > Drum Solo > Jam > ATSD > Peaches en Regalia > Phaddy Boom Baddy > See the Light > Scarlet Begonias > Blues Jam (1), The Vermont Song (1), Lit, Frankly Po Zest, Son of Simpleton, Beef Barley > Mayfly Disarray, Episode 1 (Happy), No Glove No Love, Legend of a Mind > Heather > Sir Psycho Sexy > Rufus > YEM

Set 2: Cut Me Some Slack, Sunshine of Your Love > Buquebus > The Grand Scheme of Things > Moby Dick > The Grand Scheme of Things (2hr)

BENEFIT CONCERT; ALL STAR LINE UP
11/25/01 (Sun)  Toad\'s Place - New Haven, CT

Set 1: Ahh.. The Name Is Breakfast Baby > Dig, Escher\'s Etchings Parts 1&2, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Son Of Simpleton, The Climb, White Rabbit, See The Light > Lit, Buquebus, King Kong, Spunk, The Thug Song, My Pillow, Happy Birthday, Revolution 1, raffle break, Question Mark And The Mind, Sikamikanico, Puppetry, Beef Barley, My Old School, Whipping Post, E: I Know You Rider

ALL AROUND GREAT SHOW
03/30/02 (Sat)  Knitting Factory - Manhattan, NY

Set 1: jam > Rufus > Escher\'s Etchings > Spunk, Lit, Hard Luck Harry > Frankly Po Zest, From The Beginning > Wake Up In A Coma > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, No Glove No Love, Score, Buquebus (1) > The Vermont Song, The Chase, Language Of The Gods, Drum Solo, One Big Mob > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Bugs > Tribal Funk Affliction > Tatanka > Tribal Funk Affliction, L.A. Woman (2) > jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat (3)

LAST CALLAHANS SHOW
04/19/02 (Fri)  Callahan\'s - Cheshire, CT

Set 1: What The Funk > Kote > Buquebus > Food For Thought(1) > Flower Punk > Lit (2), See The Light (3) > Crossroads (3), Drunk Monk Bar, Taboo Or Not Taboot

Set 2: jam > Sundance (4) > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Spunk, The Chase, Night Of The Thumpasorus Peoples > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Moby Dick, E: Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (5)

REALLY FUN SHOW
04/20/02 (Sat)  Springdale Turn Hall - Holyoke, MA

Set 1: jam > LDZ > The Chase, jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Hard Luck Harry > Episode 1 (Happy), Sweet Leaf > I Got High (1), Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliché, The Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, jam > Merge > Drum Solo, Soulfinger, E: Earache My Eye > May Fly Disarray

2005-08-19 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Episode 1 (Happy), jam > No Regret, Garcian Fishbowl > Escher\'s Etchings > Dig, Gravity, Wake Up In A Coma > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, The Chase

II: Roadhouse Blues, Waiting For The Sun, You Make Me Real, Peace Frog > Blue Sunday, Ship Of Fools, Land Ho!, The Spy > Queen Of The Highway, Indian Summer*, Maggie M\'Gill**

III: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Phaddy Boom Baddy > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Vera Street > Drum Solo, Space City Affair > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me

2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me* > Drunk Monk Bar, Fresh Cut, What The Funk**, jam > Puppetry^# > Garcian Fishbowl^^ > Frankly Po Zest > Puppetry#, Doughboy

II: Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band## > With A Little Help From My Friends > Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Getting Better, Fixing A Hole, She\'s Leaving Home@, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!, Within You Without You, When I\'m Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita, Good Morning Good Morning > Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) > A Day In The Life

III: Beef Barley, Buquebus > Drum Solo, May Fly Disarray, Rufus@@ > Food For Thought$ > Superfly Phaddy Fat$$

E: Rockin\' In The Free World%

STAR WARS!
2005-10-29 - 7th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT

I: 20th Century Fox Theme*, Star Wars Main Theme* > Episode I (Happy) > Doughboy, Puppetry > Duel Of The Fates* > Puppetry, Cantina Song*, Good Things > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Psygn > Imperial March* > Emperor\'s Theme* > Binary Sunset* > Episode I (Happy)

II: 20th Century Fox Theme, Star Wars Main Theme > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Binary Sunset > Yoda\'s Theme* > Beef Barley, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Lapti Nek* > Spunk** > Drum Solo^ > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)^^ > Hard Luck Harry > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) >

E: Episode 3 (Awakening)# > Ewok Celebration* > Star Wars Ending Credits Theme*
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

frolfer

• breakfast geek
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 06:04:41 pm »
Thats a great list Yoda, can\'t find too much wrong with that! Is that a 2 hour Scheme or was the second set 2 hrs at Yasgur\'s?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »
2005 was a great summer that ended with the two Puppet House Shows, my highlight was the 6/10/05 Porters show.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:30 am »
Quote from: frolfer;274244
Thats a great list Yoda, can\'t find too much wrong with that! Is that a 2 hour Scheme or was the second set 2 hrs at Yasgur\'s?

Second set was 2 hours...  The story behind that show was, PB was scheduled for an 1-1+1/2 hour set on the second stage and there was 1 or 2 bands to play after them...  The bands that were to play heard them and didn\'t want to go after them, so they were told to play as long as they wanted and that they had the stage for the rest of the night...  The first set ran close to 4 hours...  We all went back to our tents, had dinner and relaxed for a while...  The second set started around 12-1 in the morning and went on for a couple hours...  Sometime in the early part of the second set, they were asked to play the main stage for 45 minutes or so the next day...  So, the next morning we all hung around and had breakfast cooked by The Grillmaster...  After the show, we packed everything up and headed to The Wetlands for the show that night...

There were maybe 10-12 of us there at the most - Tim, Ron, Adrian, Jordan, Nicki, Josh & his wife, his friend Lou, I think Todd was there, myself and maybe a couple more people but that was really it from our end...  The crowds were great and the music was out of this world...  Supposedly the shows were board taped, but they have never surfaced...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
10 best breakfast shows
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 10:01:55 am »
Quote from: Yoda;274253
The bands that were to play heard them and didn\'t want to go after them

:lol: