Author Topic: Why doesn\'t Tim or Adrian sing in Kung Fu??  (Read 13226 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Why doesn\'t Tim or Adrian sing in Kung Fu??
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 10:37:55 am »
any thread with people ripping on a newbers comment is a good thread to me...
DS Newbers

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:57 am »
bdfreetuna 06:21 PM Yesterday
I don\'t think The Breakfast has been fading...

maybe they faded a few times over the years.. but now the momentum is right in their favor.

whenever they decide to start playing again I\'m sure it\'ll pick up really well.
Wow is it really optimism or delusional thinking? What possible momentum could u be talking about? The Breakfast is obviously the less viable band for touring and still creating music. The Breakfast will never be what they were without major changes that have nothing to do with the music made on stage. The decision to concentrate on Kung Fu will most likely not get The Breakfast any kind of publicity due to of its members playing as the hiatus will effectively wipe the band from the scene they play in even more than the decision to forgo touring and play only regionally.
As for the lack of vocals it\'s pretty clear with Kung Fu they realize the vocal limitations they have and are concentrating on what a jazz fusion type band should. Insane instrumental greatness.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 11:34:35 am »
or not
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »
stoops actually has the best voice in kung fu
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 02:07:03 pm »
Quote from: leith;273832

maybe they faded a few times over the years.. but now the momentum is right in their favor.

whenever they decide to start playing again I\'m sure it\'ll pick up really well.
Wow is it really optimism or delusional thinking? What possible momentum could u be talking about? The Breakfast is obviously the less viable band for touring and still creating music. The Breakfast will never be what they were without major changes that have nothing to do with the music made on stage. The decision to concentrate on Kung Fu will most likely not get The Breakfast any kind of publicity due to of its members playing as the hiatus will effectively wipe the band from the scene they play in even more than the decision to forgo touring and play only regionally.
As for the lack of vocals it\'s pretty clear with Kung Fu they realize the vocal limitations they have and are concentrating on what a jazz fusion type band should. Insane instrumental greatness.

tuna has become quite the fluffer hasn\'t he.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »
Stoops does not have a good voice and he often says rude things on the microphone. Talking about 10 inch cocks and shit like that.

I know their is momentum in the fanbase because I am friends with a lot of the hardcore fans some who post here and some who don\'t and I know they are all ready to tour Breakfast whenever possible and as excited about the band as ever.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:10 pm »
leith, thanks for covering those bases for me.  

by in large when kung fu starts singing, it is for the purpose of funking it up a bit --- which captures a wider audience for the insane prog fusion jams to come.  smart moves.  it is where the breakfast and raq both lost a wider audience.

imho, it is clear that rob is the frontman, which allows both tim and todd to share the spotlight in a much more egalitarian manner.

ChrisF

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;273844
Quote from: leith;273832

tuna has become quite the fluffer hasn\'t he.

what tuna is saying might be true in his area. have you been to a northampton show lately , duane? at the iron horse pretty much everyone up front near the stage seems to be between ages 18-21. they obviously havent been been going to breakfast shows for very long since most venues are at least 18+. the last toad\'s show wasnt too bad, but in CT the breakfast mostly plays daniel street and the crowds  there in general are too old to build a fanbase of people who will follow them, so thats why you may have a different persepective. but its a stupid subject to discuss at this point

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »
i hate the iron horse. stopped going there two halloweens ago.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »
that may be your choice, but places like the iron horse and the stone church and even tammany hall have been packing crowds full of a younger fanbase for breakfast shows for the past couple years.  i think some people get a skewed perception of how big crowds they bring in by seeing shows in CT(where most of their former fans have become jaded) and NYC(where the entire city is jaded).

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 12:06:45 am »
my choice.....exactly right.....i stopped frequenting venues that treat people shitty. it started with the webster and the iron horse followed quickly behind. thats why i like daniel st (besides the fact it\'s 3 mles away) thats why i\'ve been trying to get back to the spot in providence. that\'s why i never bother going to boston anymore. thats why BAR and anna liffeys are on the fence. i spend cash and tip well and refuse to be treated lousy. i commend tuna for helping push the band in his area and i quite frankly don\'t understand what has happened around here.....but to say "i don\'t think the breakfast has been fading...." is a bit delusional IMHO. i really don\'t want to be negative about it and probably should have stuck to my recent attitude of not saying anything at all......but leith basically expressed my thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:15:26 am by oldnewbie »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 01:19:37 am »
In my area, in New Hampshire for sure, in any place they play in Massachusetts or RI, in Albany or any place in Vermont.

Most of the fans will be there for any show, and the fanbase is growing.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 05:06:14 am »
its all a moot point anyways.  growing fanbases in certain areas aside, they\'re not playing anytime soon.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:02 am »
kinda sucks bfast isn\'t playing for a while... i haven\'t seen a show in years. kung fu is pretty sick though.

on a side note, any of you CT people who go to BAR, look for my friends\' band "Chamberlin".. not sure when they are playing at BAR, but sometime in the coming weeks.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »
In my area, in New Hampshire for sure, in any place they play in Massachusetts or RI, in Albany or any place in Vermont.

Most of the fans will be there for any show, and the fanbase is growing. [Rep] [!!]
Oh yeah that will keep The Breakfast going in the same small region they have overplayed for years. Sure its cool for the hundred or so people they are playing to but does absolutely Nothing for the band in terms of visibility or making a buck. The band won\'t tour so there is no way to gauge if this growing fanbase would actually go on tour. Shit last time they toured in 2006 people had forgotten about them then and they toured 2 years prior. Really made an impression huh? It\'s known they don\'t tour so no one cares anymore outside of the NE.
You want The Breakfast around more than the guys in the band I hope you realize that. This hiatus is long overdue as the foot they keep shooting holes through needs to heal. The Breakfast is the new Max Creek so enjoy them when they return but don\'t expect anything more than what you get or rather got the past couple years. For u and the lucky few that live in the small region they play in I\'m sure that\'s all you need. Me I need a band that cares enough to travel to where there are fans and not a band that Expects people to travel to them.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.