Author Topic: Why doesn\'t Tim or Adrian sing in Kung Fu??  (Read 13154 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Why doesn\'t Tim or Adrian sing in Kung Fu??
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »
Quote from: leith;273786
It\'s always been my belief if their vocals matched their playing they would have been unstoppable. It\'s the number one complaint about The Breakfast which really can\'t be argued against.

The two best vocal tunes they have are Question Mark & The Mind and Vera Street... Neither get love from most fans, but if they did more stuff like that, I\'m betting that they wouldn\'t be going on hiatus and we wouldn\'t have to settle for KF if we wanted some new music from Tm/Adrian...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:18 am »
what are you talking about Question Mark and the Mind never got love?? who doesn\'t love that song?

I stand by my statement... maybe back in 2001 when i first heard PB their vocals weren\'t the strongest.. but as a band they have definitely learned how to sing since then. TB circa 2011 is a vocally dynamic force.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:42 am »
Bring Back Breakfast Vocal Jams Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

ChrisF

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;273783
Quote from: bdfreetuna;273778
Quote from: leith;273775
Tim sings Boon or Boom right?

Right.

Boon or Boom is out of the rotation and probably has not been played for a year or more.  I asked Tim to play it at a solo acoustic show and he declined.  since set lists are not posted and few shows are recored. who knows?  maybe its being held back for a studio release?

^^ my favorite kung fu song. they must think it sounds too breakfasty or someone in the band has a problem with it, because its too good of a song to just forget about! wtf are tim palmieri fans supposed to do if we cant hear him sing original music with a band while breakfast is on hiatus??? please bring this song back!

Quote from: Yoda;273780
KF isn\'t a vocal band...
TBs vocals were never great...  Ron and Chris can sing well... Tim is okay...  Matt always sounded like Peter Brady singing When It\'s Time To Change and Adrian, well, shouldn\'t be singing aside from his part in Buquebus, which Tim seems to have taken over...

that usually only happens when when the sound guy mutes the drum vocal mic because adrian is not using it, and then he has no idea that it needs to be unmuted when that section comes up, so tim has to take over
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:41:46 pm by ChrisF »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;273795

wow totally forgot about the tunage vocal jams...thank god those dissappeared
DS Newbers

ChrisF

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;273808

its only a couple minutes out of a 160+ min show, dsn00bers! and no one is forcing you to listen to that. let em rest their fingers for a bit so they can bust out some ser biz

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;273788
what are you talking about Question Mark and the Mind never got love?? who doesn\'t love that song?.

When was the last time that was played more than 2 times a year?   The band may have a lot of tunes, but they don\'t have the arsenal of say Phish, who can hold out the fan favorites for a "once a tour"...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;273809

its only a couple minutes out of a 160+ min show, dsn00bers! and no one is forcing you to listen to that. let em rest their fingers for a bit so they can bust out some ser biz

AMEN FITZY!!!!!
A-FUCKING-MEN!!!
ha...n00bers....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;273811
Quote from: ChrisF;273809

AMEN FITZY!!!!!
A-FUCKING-MEN!!!
ha...n00bers....

Screw the Tunage vocal jams... Bring back the vocal jams out of Superfly Phatty Fat...

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »
they arent bringing back shit
*Gia*

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;273819

Fine... Do a FF and add a hiatus into the mix and play the same 5-10 songs they\'ve been playing for the last year and a half...

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:37 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;273820

Fine... Do a FF and add a hiatus into the mix and play the same 5-10 songs they\'ve been playing for the last year and a half...

what do you expect from a band that has been fading and dying to take a break ?  im kind of surprised they are doing this show at all but i guess its suiting for them to do before a hiatus
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
I don\'t think The Breakfast has been fading...

maybe they faded a few times over the years.. but now the momentum is right in their favor.

whenever they decide to start playing again I\'m sure it\'ll pick up really well
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:57 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;273821
Quote from: Yoda;273820

what do you expect from a band that has been fading and dying to take a break ?  im kind of surprised they are doing this show at all but i guess its suiting for them to do before a hiatus

Honestly, what they should do is something like they did for the Stolen Equipment Show back in \'01...  Now that was a show...

http://www.archive.org/details/pb2001-11-25.flac16

11/25/01 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT / Benefit Concert for Stolen Equipment
I: Ahh.. The Name Is Breakfast Baby > Dig*, Escher\'s Etchings, The Great Big Firey Ball In The Sky* > Son Of Simpleton, The Climb**, White Rabbit***+, See The Light+# > Lit^#, Buquebus^^#, King Kong^^^, Spunk@, The Thug Song@@, My Pillow@@, Happy Birthday@@@, Revolution 1%, raffle break, Question Mark And The Mind%%, Sikamikanico%%%, Puppetry$, Beef Barley$$#, My Old School&^^$$+#~, Whipping Post&&^^$$+#~
E: I Know You Rider&&&+#~
* first time played.
** Hubinger Street cover; with Casey & Matt from Hubinger Street on guitars and vocals; first time played.
*** Jefferson Airplane cover; with Kyle Esposito on bass; first time played.
^ with Fred DeLeone aka Derf on keys.
^^ with James Albis from The Elastic Band on saxophone.
^^^ with Jeff Gitelman on guitar.
@ with Jake Coen on bass.
@@ DJ Real cover; with DJ Real on vocals; first time played. @@@ to Jimmy T. (Adrian\'s dad).
% Beatles cover; with Mike Greenberg on acoustic guitar and vocals & Jimmy T. on guitar; first time played.
%% with Vic Steffens on drums & Adrian on percussion.
%%% Red Hot Chili Peppers cover; with Dave Pecoraro on vocals; first time played.
$ with Paul from Perpetual Motion Machine on guitar & \'The Arm\' on splash cymbal.
$$ with Ben Groppe from Addison Groove Project on saxophone.
& Steely Dan cover; with Kyle Esposito on guitar; first time played.
&& Allman Brothers Band cover; with Callie from Electric Blue & The Kosmik Truth on vocals; first time played.
&&& Grateful Dead cover; with Kyle on bass & Callie on vocals; first time played.
+ with Megan Johnson on vocals.
# with TZ on percussion.
~ with Jeff Pevar on guitar.

ChrisF

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:25 pm »
ok

this thread is supposed to be about tim singing kung fu songs