Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-09-26 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 7050 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2011-09-26 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »
Quote from: Ren;273294
I had such a good time. Psygn was really good. Shotgun Butterfly really seemed to establish itself as a song they can just plain jam the hell out of and hold back nothing.

Buquebus was an absolute fuckin\' monster in every way. The jamming, whatever "type," was some of the best I\'ve seen in a long, long time. I thought that Jordan really shined and did a great job leading the song where HE wanted it to go at times, and no offense to Tim, but he needs to be singing this again. The ending was insane, there were too many peaks to even begin to try and count.  

Now I\'m sure I\'m gonna get killed for this, and it DID feel right and fit perfectly, but Wild Pack was totally anti-climactic for me. I know there are a lot of "good ol\' days" and sentimental type feelings attached to the song, but I don\'t really see what the big deal is. You all may fire when ready...

Second set was a fuckin\' beast. Mooboo\'s was incredible and did just what I wanted it to. I know there\'s a time and a place for the long, drawn out, epic building and peaking kind of Mooboo\'s, but last night wasn\'t that kinda night. There was just way too much energy, so the wild \'Queeb-like danceable one was exactly what the place needed.  God.

I don\'t really know what the hell to say about Overexposure to possibly do it any justice.  It has to have been a few years maybe since I last saw it, and holy shit did it ever deliver in every conceivable way. Every single time I hear that song I fall in love with it all over again. It\'s just so fuckin\' wild and insane at times. When it kept exploding over and over and building and building towards the end, it really had me wishing it would turn into Attraction. Between Mooboo\'s and OE, I don\'t really think I had control of how I was dancing, I felt and sadly probably looked like I was gonna fuckin\' explode. For those two songs, I truly felt like I was 21 all over again, I haven\'t felt that kind of excitement for them in a while, I mean there\'s been times where it\'s been insane, but not like that.

Cult of Personality was the perfect way to close it all out, and honestly, to those of you who haven\'t already wanted to kill me for what I said about Wild Pack, Score was totally unnecessary. I like the baseline a lot, but that\'s pretty much it.  The dueling between Tim, Jordo, and Ross was interesting and fun and Dangles really killed his solo too, so it wasn\'t totally lost on me.

It\'s been a great last couple of weeks featuring some of what I consider to be a showcase for everything this band can do and what they are capable of doing in the future if they can just focus.  What great times!

This. Except I really loved that Wild Pack of Asscracks. Sentimentially, attached, as accused, I am :)

I like your last couple of sentences.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:35:13 pm »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:38:18 pm »
Quote from: Ren;273294
Between Mooboo\'s and OE, I don\'t really think I had control of how I was dancing, I felt and sadly probably looked like I was gonna fuckin\' explode. For those two songs, I truly felt like I was 21 all over again, I haven\'t felt that kind of excitement for them in a while, I mean there\'s been times where it\'s been insane, but not like that.

wow, that\'s saying a lot! as always, thanks for a great review. very disappointed not to be a part of the mayhem, especially if it involved an opportunity to throw nicknels an elbow or two, but such as it is and i certainly know the excitement you all must have been feeling.

needless to say, cannot wait for the freakout and the insanity that surely will ensue.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:00:04 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
The whole show is up! Can be watched on playlist Stella Blues  9/26/11 straight through!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 03:22:17 pm »
What\'s playlist?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 09:22:33 pm »
Quote from: Mark;273329
What\'s playlist?

Go to soundoholics on youtube. Click playlists. Playlists are clips put together to play
in sequence nonstop. Click on Stella Blues 9/26/11. The whole show comes up & will
play all the way through. Have a shit load of playlists put together. Check em\' out!