Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-09-19 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 9348 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2011-09-19 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:28 am »
Set I: jam > Hard Luck Harry > Reel Time, Phaddy Boom Baddy, jam > May Fly Disarray

Set II: See the Light*^ > jam* > Puppetry*, Rufus^# > jam > Spunk^^

E: Merge

-Entire 2nd set with Tim on Gibson SG guitar
*Rob Somerville on sax
^with drum and bass jam
#with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) tease
^^with drum solo
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:42:42 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:13 am »
spunk and merge????!!!????  fuck me.  looks like a sick show~

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:49:22 am »
super awesome show and one of the best all around vibes i\'ve felt between everyone who showed up, the band, nice to see Rob Somerville sit in for See The Light.. sound was awesome all the way through and two stellar sets
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:50 am »
good lord. :shock2: :banghead:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:21:05 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:31 am »
haven\'t been to a show in a good year or two, but i was walking by and heard puppetry and thought, "oh yeah, the breakfast!". i walked my date to her car, said goodnight, and then ran back to the bar to catch the last songs. called out for a merge encore and got it!

i know i\'ve thought this before, but i thought it again last night like it was new: my life is better because of the breakfast.

thanks for a time! [again].
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:30 am »
Quote from: solver;272993
haven\'t been to a show in a good year or two, but i was walking by and heard puppetry and thought, "oh yeah, the breakfast!". i walked my date to her car, said goodnight, and then ran back to the bar to catch the last songs. called out for a merge encore and got it!

i know i\'ve thought this before, but i thought it again last night like it was new: my life is better because of the breakfast.

thanks for a time! [again].

wow, man. looks like the stars aligned to bring the breakfast back into your life last night. couldn\'t be happier to hear it. we here on dotinfo all agree that life indeed is much better on so many levels because of the breakfast, so we know exactly how you feel. welcome back!

spance

• ride
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:52:27 am »
Great show last night!! Thanks to the band for raging and thanks to Fitzy for the webcast!
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

jakespetphish

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 10:43:38 am »
merge!

LeFou

• seen the light
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:21 am »
Quote from: mvallo;272987
OMG!!  What can I say....where to start with this, wow! just unbelievable from start to finish. Puppetry was very interesting. lots of stuff going in this show. just look at the set list..  it says it all!!  Thanks guys!

Seriously.

See. The. Motherfuckin\'. Light! God, what a great jam. I love what Rob added, he sounded awesome up there. Wicked hot show from start to finish. 2nd set was prob my fave of the 3 weeks, but we\'ve basically been spoiled rotten with these shows.

Already can\'t wait for next week. Let\'s close it out proper!!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 01:07:25 pm »
My recording came out great... missed maybe 10 seconds of the opening jam. Chris was there with better mics so I probably won\'t track mine out unless something happened to his.

Hard Luck Harry was off the hook! Phaddy Boom Baddy= slayed

matter of fact this whole show was slayed so I\'ll leave it at that
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:24:36 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Ren

• what?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 01:33:48 pm »
The opening jam was great. Hard Luck\'s jam was pretty amazing. Reel Time was excellent. The jam in Phaddy Booom Baddy was really, really good. The highlight of the first set for me tho, was the unbelievable Mayfly, it did everything I wanted it to do and then some and was pretty much perfect.

See the Light was very good. It seemed like Rob was really trying his best not to step on anyone\'s toes or force a solo and it turned out to be really good. The jam before Puppetry had a really funky feel to it and felt like it could\'ve turned into just about anything. Puppetry was played really well and had a really great jam with a strong finish. Rufus\' jam was really good. I can\'t even remember the last time I heard the Inca Roads tease, that definitely took me back a few years. It was just one of those kinda nights I guess. The jam that followed was a wild one and kept building till Spunk exploded out of it. So good. The Merge encore pretty much summed up how much they tore it up for the entire night. What a good time! Can\'t wait to see what the next show is gonna have in store.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:56 pm »
i think that puppetry was an audible. i always wonder what was supposed to be there when that happens.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:25:44 pm »
I really thought they were gonna go into some kinda fast funky song or cover, Puppetry was a surprise.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

peaches626

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »
ser.biz. solver- good to meet u outside!

I swear I heard a \' shake everything you got\' tease somewhere...

I \'mlooking at you, tpalms!
taints rule, gypsies drool!