Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-09-05 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 7492 times)

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
Setlist: 2011-09-05 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 10:53:06 pm »
[ tear tear ] { sniffle sniffle } FAHK

Ren

• what?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:08 am »
The opening jam was fuckin\' smokin\' with a lot of great improv. I know they sometimes use it as a way to get their feet wet and loosen up, but they were all in such high spirits and seemed really excited about playing, so they were probably just having a little fun right out of the gate. These jams keep finding a way to get better and better. Everything was played really, really well and with soooo much happiness and energy. They looked like were having as good of a time as all of us, if not a little more. Escher\'s 3&4 was really intense. Honey Butter > Purple Haze > Synergy was crazy, HB was really great. Synergy was out of control too. Peaches will always make me happy when I hear it, actually when they played it the first time I saw them after being nagged (yes, nagged) into it back in \'99, that was the song that made me think, "uuhhh these guys are reeaally good."

I think the obvious highlight for me was Metrop > The Other One > Metrop. There was a guy next to me just lovin\' the shit outta everything he saw, as The Other One was forming, he said, "it sounds like The Other One," I jokingly said that it sounded a little bit like it, and his response was, "c\'mon man, it\'s sounds A LOT like it, it\'d be sooo nice to see that right now!" When I told him they\'ve played it before, he got so excited, and when it started, he just about lost his shit and kept hittin\' me and saying, "c\'mon!" and "noo FUCKIN\' way!" I absolutely LOVE to see others have the same excitement and happiness that I\'ve been having all these years seeing these guys.

When Metropolis came back it seemed to capture everyone\'s energy from the entire night to that point and carry it all the way to the end of the song. When they finished they all looked the same as we did, could they have possibly melted their OWN faces off?!

To me, the insane Gladys > Coma continued to take the mood and excitement of the previous insanity all the way to the end. In my opinion, a fast hard hitting WUIAC with a slow epic finish, perfectly captures everything I love about this band and stuffs it ALL into a 2 min. song.

Such a good time. Gotta figure a way to see the rest of these shows, they are NOT to be missed.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:41:56 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:50 am »
First set on playlist section. Stella Blues 9/5/11 on my youtube channel!
Will play whole first set straight through!
Second set to follow!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:23:24 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 10:25:48 pm »
hi yo, listened to the show today while shovelin brown . sounded like EE3 got the crowd/show going and brought some serious funk into beef barley.  the other one was sick nasty loved timmy\'s slide (guessing beer bottle) solo, stuff was awesome.  happy bday jordo also ?  hoping to shit to be there this monday
*Gia*

Ren

• what?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:37 pm »
I totally forgot about the rather impressive lighter-slide playing, shame on me for not mentioning it.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 10:51:59 pm »
You can watch THE WHOLE SHOW straight through on soundoholics playlist section.
The Breakfast  Stella Blues 9/5/11

mvallo

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:53 am »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;272618
You can watch THE WHOLE SHOW straight through on soundoholics playlist section.
The Breakfast  Stella Blues 9/5/11

thanks ken, nice camera work!

Branch

• http://
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 09:40:01 am »
Quote from: bezerker;272615
hi yo, listened to the show today while shovelin brown . sounded like EE3 got the crowd/show going and brought some serious funk into beef barley.  the other one was sick nasty loved timmy\'s slide (guessing beer bottle) solo, stuff was awesome.  happy bday jordo also ?  hoping to shit to be there this monday

nope! dec 20th
had fun with the band and friends.
lookin foward to next 3 fundays.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »
Quote from: Ren;272587

Such a good time. Gotta figure a way to see the rest of these shows, they are NOT to be missed.

^bingo. Sick sick show. so sick i Raaaaalphed all over the l0t at setbreak. gotta take it easy on the weekends so i can party on mondays i guess.sheesh. Ren pretty muched nailed the review. Thanks as always to the band, the fans,  & the tapers. Rock On
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »
Happy early birthday Jordo! Never too early to celebrate.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh