Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-09-05 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 7490 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2011-09-05 - Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:31:07 am »
Set I: jam* > Doughboy, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts III & IV), Beef Barley, Honey Butter** > Purple Haze > Synergy

Set II: Peaches En Regalia, Metropolis^ > The Other One > Metropolis, Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me^^ > Wake Up in a Coma

*with \'Merge\' tease
**unfinished
^with drums & bass jam
^^with drum solo
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:32:57 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:34:20 am »
There was a few teases that went by pretty quickly in the opening jam, I\'m thinkin I heard a quick Merge tease from Tim, anyone pick up anything else? I\'m pretty sure Honey Butter was unfinished, let me know if anyone disagrees... also, was Purple Haze a first timer?  There was a Jump Around tease thrown in there somewhere too but I forgot where... forgive me even though it\'s Tuesday, it feels like a Monday morning.

I was talkin to Tim before the show and he mentioned they "were gonna take it easy tonight"... if that was takin it easy, I can\'t imagine what is in store for the next 3 weeks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:51:30 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:34:25 am »
purple haze was definitely played before. just listened to an 09 version on the drive to work today.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:51:45 am »
There is nothing "takin it easy" about that setlist......
Crowd?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

santropez

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 12:17:33 pm »
since i am a n00b and haven\'t been to many shows i am very butthurt about missing:

doughboy (seen it once, but have been seriously craving it!!!)
escher\'s 3 and 4 (seen em but can\'t get enough)
beef barley
peaches
DRUM SOLO

BUT that being said, can\'t wait to hear this show! and i positively WILL find a ride next Monday and am PUMPED for whatever the breakfast may melt my face with. (mooboos??? please???) :banwpoa:  we gonna pawty!!

i know most of you don\'t know who i am anyway though so i\'ll STFU heh :idunno:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;272546
There is nothing "takin it easy" about that setlist......
Crowd?

i certainly wouldn\'t have called last night "taking it easy." props peaches for calling for gladys and wake up. i think he may have been responsible for the peaches too.

crowd wasn\'t huge, maybe maxed out at like 60? considering it was the last day of a 3-day weekend, a monday, and a $10 cover (as high a cover as you\'ll see at stella), i was pleasantly surprised by the number that came out.

fun show. really pumped that i\'ve got three more breakfast shows right in my backyard this month.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

peaches626

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:33:55 pm »
great night to be a taint!  

gladys dedicated to ron spears, as congratulations  for spitting out another little kangaroo!

ps. any crowd sans stevie g\'s wet kisses n shreaking whistles is just a tepid bowl of weak sauce, imho.

STEVIE- GWTFP, BRAH
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:33:55 pm by peaches626 »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »
Love ya Peaches.....no way in hell I was making it last night....hurricane/end of month/labor day weekend kicked the ever loving shit outta this old fuck....would love to make it to next week, but kind of need a driver to pick me up at my place in milford when i get home from work round 9:30/9:45......take me to show....then drive me home afterwards (if i cannot find a different ride home)...Lesson here, if you are going to drink and drive, be fucking smart about it.......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

LeFou

• seen the light
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;272552
would love to make it to next week, but kind of need a driver to pick me up at my place in milford when i get home from work round 9:30/9:45......take me to show....then drive me home afterwards (if i cannot find a different ride home)...Lesson here, if you are going to drink and drive, be fucking smart about it.......

This could be arranged. We\'re in Stratford, so it\'s on the way. My girlfriend usually drives and she doesn\'t really drink.

Last night was fun as hell. Set 1 really smoked.. loved hearing EE 3>4 as I\'ve been listening to Vessel a lot lately. Barley and Butter (especially) were tasty, had great jams. Missed the opening jam, can\'t wait to re-listen. Smart addition of popular covers too, IMO.

One down... three to go.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:51:52 pm »
::has hope for mooboo\'s next week::

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:06:33 pm »
Quote from: LeFou;272553

This could be arranged. We\'re in Stratford, so it\'s on the way. My girlfriend usually drives and she doesn\'t really drink.

Last night was fun as hell. Set 1 really smoked.. loved hearing EE 3>4 as I\'ve been listening to Vessel a lot lately. Barley and Butter (especially) were tasty, had great jams. Missed the opening jam, can\'t wait to re-listen. Smart addition of popular covers too, IMO.

One down... three to go.

I like where this is going.....
Keep me posted...

LeFou

• seen the light
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:37 pm »
Yeah, I\'m basically a lock for the whole residency unless something major comes up. I\'m doing Catskill Chill this weekend, then Wormtown next. Week 3 is going to be brutal. Rough life I lead. ;)

I\'ll PM you my info.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »
Closing the show with WUIAC? That is sick!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »
Gladys Pimp is possibly my favorite Breakfast song... or maybe Eppy 2... or maybe Sundance..

but last night they skipped the funky part right after the verse (which seems to be the norm this last couple years with the exception of Utica in February) and the jam was sort of meandering but not in an intense or trippy way

Synergy and Beef Barley had the best jams (and Jordan really stepped up for Beef Barley)

Adrian was on fire the whole night, especially 1st set which was overall just better playing
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising