Author Topic: Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds  (Read 1471 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:34 am »
I caught these guys from the Vibes radio broadcast and liked what I heard... picked the album up off of itunes the next day.  As with most acts, the album doesn\'t capture the energy and possibilities that they create in a live setting but it does give a good representation of the variety of musical styles they play.  Most of the set that I heard from Vibes laid heavily in the funk & rock category similar to James Brown / Sharon Jones type of sound... Anyway, they have 2 dates coming up in CT and I just figured I\'d pass on the word to anyone that might be interested.

Friday, September 9, 2011
Manchester, CT @ The Main Pub
306 Main St., Manchester, CT 06040
Set: 9:30 PM
All Ages
Tickets: $7

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Bridgeport, CT @ Acoustic Cafe
2926 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06605
Set: 9:30 PM
21+
Tickets: $10
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:02:38 pm »
A must see, one of the best sets at Vibes for sure.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:29 pm »
We caught some of their act at Rock N Roll Resort and again at Strangecreek. Def. like what I have heard so far.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19