Author Topic: [tdibh]-08-31  (Read 3567 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
[tdibh]-08-31
« on: August 31, 2011, 07:42:43 am »
2000-08-31 - Fire & Water Cafe;  Northampton, MA
Set I: jazz jam > Uncle Freddy > Wake Up In A Coma > See The Light > Peaches En Regalia, Language Of The Gods, Beef Barley > Lit
Set II: Mooboo's Voodoo (Episode 2), May Fly Disarray

2001-08-31 - Callahan's; Cheshire, CT
MATRIX
Set I: jam > Wake Up In A Coma > Puppetry, Sundance, I'm So Glad > May Fly Disarray, Food For Thought*, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me** > Uncle Freddie^
II: What The Funk^^ > The Vermont Song^^, Language Of The Gods^^, jam# > Hardcore Jollies > Tribal Funk Affliction##, Kote > Beef Barley, Question Mark And The Mind, Terrapin Station
*first time played
**with 'Casey Jones' (Grateful Dead) teases
^with 'New Shoe' Stool-Dance by Jordan
^^with James Albis (The Elastic Band) on saxophone
#with 'Cosmic Slop' (Funkadelic) teases
##with 'Low Rider' (War) teases

2002-08-31 – University of Vermont; Burlington, VT
SBD
Set: Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > The Chase, Frankly Po Zest > Earache My Eye > Frankly Po Zest, LDZ > Hard Luck Harry > Cut Me Some Slack, The Vermont Song > drum solo, Food For Thought* > Soul Finger, Score, Superfly Phaddy Fat
*Thought 1: 'A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members'
Thought 2: 'In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers'

2003-08-31 - Private Party; Brunswick, ME
FLAC
Set I: jam > May Fly Disarray, Hard Luck Harry > Fairy, Peace Frog > Puppetry, Vermont Song, Score, What The Funk > The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, Funky Bill's Circus Cliche
Set II: Gravity > Scarlet Begonias, Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky, Beef Barley > The Chase, Lady Madonna, Language Of The Gods > Lit, Peaches En Regalia

2006-08-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
Set I: Space City Affair > Wake Up in a Coma, The Chase, Rust, jam > Episode 1(Happy), Future Peek > LDZ > Dig > Honey Butter, Funky Bill's Circus Cliche
II: Beef Barley, Intension, Love Lake > What The Funk, Rufus > Puppetry
III: drum solo > Space City Affair > Psygn > No Regret, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Tricky Ways, Question, Episode 3(Awakening)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:17:03 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:44:20 am »
Pretty sure that I was at that Callahan\'s show in 2001, the new shoe/stool dance kind of rings a bell...
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:09:04 pm »
I\'ll never forget when Albis played Tim\'s guitar solo from the album note for note on sax and Tim\'s jaw hit the floor!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »
We have discussed the private party in ME a few times on this site but good times were had at that shin dig.

We drove a keg of Sierra there only to discover they already had 2 of the local stone coast (maybe).

keg was empty when we drove it home :)

Optical Dellusion did the lights, they had screens stretched in to the tress behind the band. There was really cool photography and paintings hanging up on the trees etc.

Good Times.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:23 pm »
Apparently 08/31 is not a great day in taper history.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:05:57 pm »
I just realized the first \'Food For Thought\' thought was not archived from 2001!
Where to next?

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 04:15:39 pm »
Quote from: dj dizzy k;272335
Apparently 08/31 is not a great day in taper history.

http://www.archive.org/details/pb2003-08-31.akg.flac16

1 for 5 ooof.

Well I did my part. labor day weekends can be rough
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 04:51:21 pm »
Nice work Mike!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 07:11:06 pm »
Quote from: Mark;272338
Nice work Mike!
Where to next?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:39:01 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;272324
2000-08-31 -Fire & Water Café;  Northampton, MA
Set I: Jazz jam > Uncle Freddy > Wake Up in a Coma > See the Light > Peaches en Regalia, Language of the Gods, Beef Barley > Lit
Set II: Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episode 2), May Fly Disarray

I was 1 of only a couple people who got the recording of this show though it is on a cassette tape.  This show was played electric in the tiny Fire + Water space; last time before they went acoustic.  A great spacey Mooboo\'s jam that no one will get to hear.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:36:02 am »
yet another day of rage. and another great pre moe.down throw.down

i miss those. swore that show was taped.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 08:37:21 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;272358
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;272324
2000-08-31 -Fire & Water Café;  Northampton, MA
Set I: Jazz jam > Uncle Freddy > Wake Up in a Coma > See the Light > Peaches en Regalia, Language of the Gods, Beef Barley > Lit
Set II: Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episode 2), May Fly Disarray

I was 1 of only a couple people who got the recording of this show though it is on a cassette tape.  This show was played electric in the tiny Fire + Water space; last time before they went acoustic.  A great spacey Mooboo\'s jam that no one will get to hear.

Is that tape still around? Maybe we could do a transfer. That setlist almost made me soil myself. I bet Freddy has a few uncirculated tapes kicking around still.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:39 am »
I have a pretty snazzy cassette > digi setup if cassettes exist that need to be converted

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:36:46 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;272381
I have a pretty snazzy cassette > digi setup if cassettes exist that need to be converted

I have some great tapes circa 2000 that no one else really has....some Butterfield shows etc.  I should turn my tapes over to you, Mike.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
[tdibh]-08-31
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:34:27 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;272384
Quote from: kindm\'s;272381

I have some great tapes circa 2000 that no one else really has....some Butterfield shows etc.  I should turn my tapes over to you, Mike.

I would be glad to digitize and return them to you. Just let me know