Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-08-26 - The Spot Underground; Providence, RI  (Read 14178 times)

LeFou

• seen the light
Setlist: 2011-08-26 - The Spot Underground; Providence, RI
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:27 pm »
"See The Light" killed, IMHO. Here\'s some video proof. Make sure to watch/listen in 720p.. sorry for my less-than-pro abilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEFOfV4JCJU

Love the guys and all of the B\'Fam. Hell of a show last night, bring it on Stella\'s!

peaches626

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 08:42:05 pm »
mediocre show.  too many notes from tim.  too many epic tunes.  not enough chill out ballads.

jk. raged, obv. hope to make some monday nights in sept!!

when was the esther tease in the chase?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:31 pm »
I\'m hardly jaded. If you recall I\'ve practically announced almost every 2011 show as "best show ever" and you guys were breaking my balls for that.

I definitely had a great time. Just felt like it wasn\'t as intense of a performance as they\'ve been delivering lately (Big Up, BreakFEST, Utica, Acoustic Cafe Residency).

Then again, looking at the setlist, I could be totally wrong. I was pretty fucked up for the majority of the performance and the fact that I was on my feet and dancing considering the combination of "whatever that guy gave me" must have meant something good
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:23:17 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272272
I\'m hardly jaded. If you recall I\'ve practically announced almost every 2011 show as "best show ever" and you guys were breaking my balls for that.

I definitely had a great time. Just felt like it wasn\'t as intense of a performance as they\'ve been delivering lately (Big Up, BreakFEST, Utica, Acoustic Cafe Residency).

Then again, looking at the setlist, I could be totally wrong. I was pretty fucked up for the majority of the performance and the fact that I was on my feet and dancing considering the combination of "whatever that guy gave me" must have meant something good

There\'s was such delicate refinement to the music that went beyond your typical "balls to the wall" jamming.
 For me, this could even be more intense.
The show captured such beauty of the Breakfast music, some of you may have missed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:13:56 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »
i had a blast. i liked the venue a lot and i thought the band played outstanding!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 12:18:34 am »
Quote from: peaches626;272271
mediocre show.  too many notes from tim.  too many epic tunes.  not enough chill out ballads.

jk. raged, obv. hope to make some monday nights in sept!!

when was the esther tease in the chase?

Jordan right at the start.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;272272

Ah sounds like you fell into the fluffer trap of high expectations. It happens. For me there was lots of questioning in the jams. You know "where are they going now? Really there? Oh yeah Ok I hear it. damn Dangle Wait wait ok well if you\'re gonna do that. Yeah I see Tim likes it too" you know shit like that. So much musical conversing I was just shaking my head most of the night.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 01:10:17 am »
Quote from: peaches626;272271

Ser lulz right here.    

Quote from: Igziabeher;272268
w/ a solid crowd full of SER heads(freddie, gabo, colin, peaches, teddy t, aruny, wolf, jed, george, duane, eric, brandon, bonzo, tuna) the power of broseph was strong last night

Including Igz, I estimate that this group of 15 has seen 1,725 Breakfast shows.  That is some ser brosephness in the house for sure.  If you take the combined show count of the top 15 show count people at every Breakfast show ever, I\'d feel very safe saying that last night\'s 1,725 number puts the show in the top-5 shows of all time for this metric.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 01:15:13 am »
while i wasn\'t at Breakfest or Big Up, this was as strong as a show as any that I\'ve seen all year(Toad\'s, Tammany, Church of Boston)..  Set I: jam > See the Light> Score, Metropolis, May Fly Disarray, Hard Luck Harry > Rush was all fierce as hell.  The Score was jammed out to Gladys type levels and the Mayfly jam went way out there before finding its way back to the Ahoy! part.  My one complaint would be ending the show w/ Asscracks, VT Song and The Chase.  Those are 3 typical encore songs or set closers, and all 3 in a row was a tad much.  They could\'ve played one more heavy hitter, and just played one of those and really tore the place down.  That being said, all three versions of each of those songs were on point too, so it was fine by me once they got into those tunes.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 12:06:36 pm »
had a really good time, they definitely take advantage of every second when they take stage.  main highlight for me was hardluck > rush.  2 of the best bfast tunes and the segue was absolutely outstanding.  double encore is always a treat and i\'m loving the jammed out chases.  would love to see them back there again they really turned the place into a headdie lounge.  thanks to igz and everyone else love this band/fam
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »
Good news... Zoom taped it well... maybe track it out later tonight
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Ren

• what?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 04:41:57 pm »
Thanks buddy, glad to hear it was taped! Maybe when you listen to it you\'ll realize how good it really was.  I guess in your defense, you did look a little out of it, I mean you usually look out of it to begin with, but you looked like whatever you did wasn\'t agreeing with you.  You were right in front of my face twice and I said, "hey," and you looked at me like you didn\'t know who I was, then like 2 hours later you knew me again.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »
yeah I was one toke over the line for a while there..

started gettin my party on around 7, didn\'t realize it wasn\'t until 11 that the band would be taking the stage!

Bad news: I can\'t for the life of me find the file on the zoom. Thought it recorded????? wtf

Anyway Matt Vallo was there so I\'m sure we\'ll get to hear his recording.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:09:05 pm by bdfreetuna »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 09:55:51 am »
tuna, i think you\'re below the mendoza line when it comes to zoom taping. it may be time for a new recording device
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 01:10:15 pm »
so much fun.  got home a little while ago after a long journey.  yesterday at one point because of all the flooding i went 37miles in 3 and a half hours.  home to no power today.  cant wait to relistnen to the show.  great seeing everyone.  ill def be at one if not two of the stella shows.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 01:37:42 pm »
8 people on this webcast is fucked up

last minute stream notification is a killer. too bad there\'s no way to really nail down whether there will be a stream well in advance. at least its preserved to be able to watch later!