Author Topic: Willing to run PB servers  (Read 12394 times)

tiedyetoga

Willing to run PB servers
« on: June 04, 2003, 01:43:47 pm »
Hey, I\'m willing to run FTP and Bit Torrent servers just to spread PB shows.. If anyone wants to upload shows to me, I have an upload server and I can BT them.

Server Info:
sharingthegroove.dyndns.org
upload/upload
port: 21

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
Would the FTP server be on a...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 04:32:59 pm »
Large network pc (i.e. college, work etc T-1 or T-3), without power like that an FTP server although appreciated would be so slow it is unbeleivable.  We need to find a few heads at college who can run a server with about 5 uncapped slots.  The speeds you will get of those would make BT seem like a dial up.  That should be the focus.

For an example; there is a Disco Biscuits Server called The-Shack, I have never pulled less than 250KB\'s and some times have pulled over 500kb\'s.  Some heads have pulled whole 3hour shows in less than 10 mins(yes, in shn).  That\'s what we need!!

Servers are definately what this camp needs!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

mvallo

pb server upload
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 08:25:06 pm »
lets try out your server.

I am uploading the webester right now.  I have 12k upload on my dls.  should be able to fininsh in a day or 2.  from there you can start a bt session.

Later,
 Matt Vallo

tiedyetoga

Re: pb server upload
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 10:51:54 am »
Originally posted by mvallo
lets try out your server.

I am uploading the webester right now.  I have 12k upload on my dls.  should be able to fininsh in a day or 2.  from there you can start a bt session.

Later,
 Matt Vallo

Ok cool, I\'ll work on trying to get on at Fairfield U.. See if one of my friends will let me out a server in there dorm room. Since I don\'t go to college, I can\'t be much of help with a t3 line. I\'ll set this up for BT though and look around for a T1/T3 line.

My cable line is uncaped and I run dual ones.. SO my speeds are really nice.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 10:54:23 am by tiedyetoga »