Poll

When will Kung Fu stop being considered a "side project"?

dont consider them a side project
13 (52%)
ever! Viva La Breakfast
4 (16%)
hen The Breakfast makes an \"official\" announcement that they are taking a hiatus
2 (8%)
hut the fuck up Gencs! You are an idiot!
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: When Will Kung Fu Stopped Being Considered A "Side Project"???  (Read 10049 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
- For 3 of the 5 members of the band, Kung Fu is their main project.
- Kung Fu has more dates booked than The Breakfast
- Kung Fu has dates booked outside of New England
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
When Will Kung Fu Stopped Being Considered A "Side Project"???
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:34 am »
When will The Breakfast play a show that I can attend????.....Whineberg.
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:15:57 pm »
When they stop piggybacking this website and get their own forum. Seriously though I don\'t see it as a side project anymore  more the other band Tim and Adrian play in.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »
the breakfast>kung fu
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:43:55 pm »
I\'m just waiting to go on Dangle tour.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:19:17 pm »
when The Breakfast stops being the most ser band on the planet

I don\'t see The Breakfast taking a hiatus any time soon... probably just fewer shows as we\'ve been getting used to anyway cuz they gotta make that Kung Fu chedda and ride the wave as long as its hot. There\'s way too much love for Breakfast and I don\'t see these four insanely gifted musicians just walking away from what they\'ve created, which happens to be one of the most phenominal (yet underexposed) bands of all time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:24:54 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »
I voted for "I dont consider them a side project," but can I still tell you to shut the fuck up, Gencs?! I mean, it would be a super fun time. ;)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272017
when The Breakfast stops being the most ser band on the planet

that too.

but honestly i don\'t even think anyone considers Kung Fu a side project at this point.  In my perfect world, it would be alongside Beatles A to Z and the Good Time Boys, but this isn\'t my world.  Kung Fu clearly has taken the reigns as #1 priority of Tim and Adrian, and as being the only lifetime Breakfast members, that pretty much means that it is not a sideproject at all.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:26 pm »
yup.

I can\'t honestly call it a side-project. They have an album, they tour, etc.

And I have seen some pretty good Kung Fu shows.

But my opinion, that The Breakfast has for some time now and especially in the last few years with Dangle on board and Sequoia back in the mix = the most incredible band probably possible.

So, in a realistic sense, Kung Fu is of course not a side project.

But they will probably always feel like a side project to me. One that I hope does not derail The Breakfast (ala RAQ) because then I\'d be really pissed / lose faith in humanity / start selling my body on the street and things along those lines.

Quote from: Igziabeher;272014
I\'m just waiting to go on Dangle tour.

This too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:17:26 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »
But does the love of 200 hard core fans make it worth continuing to play shows where they are constantly losing money, detracting from Tim and Adrian\'s commitment to Kung Fu and Chris DeAngelis from growing with and/or discovering a project that he wants to pursue??????  All things must past folks.....do we really want the Breakfast to be known as the most unsuccessful nostalgia act in music history? cause thats where they are headed......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

leith

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:35 pm »
From my What if Kung Fu catches Fire thread.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;256844

Anyway I suspect after this summer Kung Fu will have established itself as the band with clearly more interest and draw. Breakfast will be hired to do a residency at Stella Blues as a Dead cover band.

Well not for their Dead covers but nice call bro!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 07:10:28 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;272025
But does the love of 200 hard core fans make it worth continuing to play shows where they are constantly losing money, detracting from Tim and Adrian\'s commitment to Kung Fu and Chris DeAngelis from growing with and/or discovering a project that he wants to pursue??????  All things must past folks.....do we really want the Breakfast to be known as the most unsuccessful nostalgia act in music history? cause thats where they are headed......

leith

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 07:14:29 pm »

You give Dangle too little credit. He\'s a grown man if he wants to explore something else he will. As a matter of fact dude constantly works on other music. It\'s not like he\'s sitting around waiting for Tim and Adrian.
I don\'t know how many times I have to put this out there but The Breakfast is going no where. No matter what as long as Tim and Adrian are playing instruments Breakfast songs will be played. They have no choice that music is as much a part of them as the blood that runs in their veins. Why do you think they bother writing new songs for TheBreakfast? Hmmmm?
As as someone not as invested any more I am glad to see them getting out there even if it\'s not The Breakfast. Tim and Adrian Deserve to be heard and the 2 do have cache in the "scene" when they play out because of how awesome they are. No one they used to play with has forgotten them. Every time I bring them up with bands I see it\'s always "Yeah where are those guys? they kill."
So if it takes Kung Fu being the focus for a couple years fine with me. It\'s not like The Breakfast is getting calls to fill dates so I\'m cool with it.
Oh and what about Jordan there Gencs? Huh? Huh?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 07:25:01 pm »
Quote from: leith;272028

Oh and what about Jordan there Gencs? Huh? Huh?

I was waiting for that to come up.....The Branch is music and will always play....My point is, that if you in a business and arent making money, you have to fix the problem....you can only hang on and hope things will change for so long before the losing becomes too much.....at what point does hanging on to this dream become a detriment for everyone involved? (except for the 200 selfish fans - myself included)....

and as for giving Dangle too little credit...remember his nickname....Love you Doozer!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:25:01 pm by Stephengencs »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »

Well if you wanna get all saucy about it Stevie, I\'ll pick up the bottle too..

200 hard core fans, more or less. Fair enough. But in any music scene I\'ve traveled upon, Breakfast fans are hands down the coolest group of people around. Is it worth it for a band to play to 200 radical-ass motherfuckers such as ourselves with impeccible taste in music, who\'ve got love for life and come together for the love of all things excellent in this moment?

I would call that a blessing. To know that if the band played at a lot of venues around the Northeast, there\'s Bfam always there and people are loving it.

What\'s with this mentality, like, we need to take over the USA or the globe or sell a million albums or whateverthefuck. I mean, what do you really need in life? You need love. You need to have fun. You need to pay the bills. And you need to feel good about your chosen path.

200 hard core fans and growing. Viva la Breakfast!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:00:36 pm by bdfreetuna »