Author Topic: what drugs would you take...  (Read 5242 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
what drugs would you take...
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »
if you needed to stay awake for [-]100[/-] 200 consecutive hours?

let\'s say there is some huge reward for completing this ($1 million). you can combine drugs if you like. they don\'t necessarily have to be illegal. they have to be real drugs (e.g. no theoretical secret government concoction).

i\'ve wavered back and forth on this and my final answer is going to be cocaine. its effects are nearly instant, so there\'s no lag time. i think peyote is an interesting choice, but i would be too concerned about the lag time between ingestion and stimulation.

you?

(this idea is property of wolfman, but i couldn\'t wait any longer to see a thread started)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:21:56 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:42:24 pm »
might as well take a shitload of *** and make those 5 days interesting.

but i\'m sure meth would work best

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »
rust ...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:46:19 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;271236
might as well take a shitload of *** and make those 5 days interesting.

while that would be the most fun, i think the stimulant properties would wear down over those days. plus there might be some side effects to that bender that never go away. maybe a nice balance of yay/*** is ideal

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »
i KNOW SOMEONE ;) who\'s done about 4 full days on mostly *** although on the 4th night HE had to add in some ***** to help the cause.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »
Maybe make it a bit harder for the money. 100 hours? Just over 4 days?
There are crackheads all over that would take that prize home.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »
should i \'like\' this thread on facebook so all my coworkers\' suspicions of me are confirmed? :lol:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 04:23:16 pm »
Quote from: leith;271244
Maybe make it a bit harder for the money. 100 hours? Just over 4 days?
There are crackheads all over that would take that prize home.

100 hours was really just a nice round number at the time of the discussion. definitely not long enough as i saw tuna accomplish the mission with zero incentive. i\'ll double that to 200 hours. 8+ days with no sleep would be pretty ridiculous

Quote from: galenas;271245
should i \'like\' this thread on facebook so all my coworkers\' suspicions of me are confirmed? :lol:

oh come on. you never hang out super late night. my prediction: you would choose whiskey and last <18 hrs
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:23:16 pm by zuke583 »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:36:25 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;271246

Quote from: galenas;271245

oh come on. you never hang out super late night. my prediction: you would choose whiskey and last <18 hrs

beavis voice: are you threatening me?? (tho yeah, you\'ve got me pretty pegged -- at least now in my old age.)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:57 pm »
Heh, this was a good conversation at Breakfest.  My strategy would be to go as long as I could just on **** and alcohol (probably 40 hours) and then drop the peyote/mescaline.  If I were coming up 10-50 hours short at that point I\'m not sure what I\'d do.  Probably 2CT7.  

For anyone not familiar with Erowids Psycoactive Vault, this might give you some good ideas:
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »
Hahaha halarious thread.

As some of you witnessed last weekend 100 hours is no problem for me. Beyond that, you\'re going to need some help.

Cocaine? No good. When you\'ve been awake for a long time you become naturally hypertensive and cocaine will send you the way of the big K.O.

2C-T-7... interesting choice. But that stuff only lasts about 12 hours and is considerably rougher on the body than something like *** or mescaline. Cardiovascular stress combined with 2C-T-7 around the 100+ hour mark would be a real concern.

(thanks for the link Wolfman... did you know I used to work for Erowid? also proud, I guess, to say I\'ve sampled the majority of the PIHKAL and TIHKAL catalog)

What I would recommend would be to attempt the first 100 hours with NO DRUGS. Lots of water, lots of vitamins. B vitamins. Potassium. The first 100 hours is going to be about getting ready for the next 100 hours which is the real fucking challenge.

Okay so you\'ve made it to 100 hours and you\'re sober and well nourished and well hydrated, so here we go.

100 hours to 112 hours: eat 150ug ***. Enough for a moderate trip and providing plenty of clean stimulation that won\'t tax your cardiovascular system too much.

This whole time you better be raging B vitamins and eating lots of fruit or there\'s no way you\'ll make it.

112 hours - 124 hours: 250ug ***... as you\'ve built a tolerance and no doubt things are getting weird but at this point if you\'re even still hanging in there you have a mind of a jedi so this isn\'t really the issue. Stay awake.

124 hours - 130 hours: Give your mind and body a break, your soul needs it to. Spend some time in the K-hole. You won\'t fall asleep but it will give your spirit the rest it needs.

130 hours - 142 hours: Eat a 10-strip of ***. You will want to start drinking some wine now as well, as it will make your heart feel better. Make sure to drink a shit ton of water as well.

142 hours +

Beyond this point you\'re going to have to eat around a quarter sheet of acid to stay in the groove. If the *** were starting to lose it stimulating properties at this point I might suggest stacking, say, 4mg or 6mg DOC on top of it. DOC is a long lasting, very clean but stimulating psychedelic which provides a clear-headed trip with beautiful visuals taboot. This and *** are the only drugs suitable for long-term stimulation that won\'t kill your body or rape your mind. I would suggest taking "spiritual breaks" with Ketamine or, preferably at this point, 3-meo-PCE or 3-meo-2-oxo-PCE as they will help block dopamine reuptake without causing cardiovascular stress.

That\'s the only way to do it. There\'s lots of fancy drugs that can keep you awake and get you spun, but if you\'re planning for a long haul like this, you\'ve gotta take your health of body and mind seriously and use the proper substances.

Live and learn.

That all said, I wouldn\'t recommend going beyond 150 hours.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:56:32 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:47 am »
^^^ This post made me LOL 3 or 4 times.  "I wouldn\'t recommend going past 150 hours" = LULZ.  Nice work.

I couldn\'t resist taking this to PT.  I know we won\'t get any good elaborate answers like tuna\'s but couldn\'t resist seeing what would come up.  I also thought it would be funniest to post this on PT at around 1AM on a weeknight.  So far meth is the clear favorite.

Thread: http://phantasytour.com/bands/1/topics/2777811/posts
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:06:47 am by Wolfman »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 08:05:01 am »
tuna you know your drugs man
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:00 am »
jesus
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 09:38:20 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;271272
jesus

Jesus could only get you to hour 96 at best. After that, I think it\'s time of pharmaceuticals.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California