Author Topic: Most annoying fans  (Read 2399 times)

DiG728

• COME ON!!
Most annoying fans
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:20:51 pm »
Another negative-ish thread....sorry about that.

Curious, what bands, in your opinion, have the most annoying fans?  Remember, this doesn\'t mean that you don\'t like the band or their music (or maybe it does in some cases).  And obviously I am making generalities here; not every person who likes one these bands is annoying.  I guess I am just talking about overall, or the typical fan.

My #1 vote has got to be DMB.
Hate to say it because I love the band, but some Phish fans are tough to handle.
And I have never seen them live so I don\'t have first-hand experience, but I have heard from people that Disco Biscuits fans deserve to be discussed in a thread like this.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Most annoying fans
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:17 pm »
the disco biscuits fans are the best fans in the world, stop spreading rumors.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Most annoying fans
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:34 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268674
the disco biscuits fans are the best fans in the world, stop spreading rumors.

much like slippery pete, they\'re the best...and the worst
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

ChrisF

• http://
Most annoying fans
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:29:14 pm »
dave matthews fans are very annoying, but phish fans are the worst, especially since 2009. when dave matthews comes to CT i dont even hear a peep about it anymore.

phish fans never shut up about which shows they are trying for in the mail order and their 100 extras they have for trade that they cant get rid of while they try to find tix for the show everyone wants to be at.

when they are not going shows, they tell you when they are buying tickets. when they are done buying tickets they never stop talking about which tickets they need to trade for. when there are no upcoming shows they are spreading false rumors about shows that are not even happening.

when phish is on tour i hate having this conversation a million times:

phan: "did you see that setlist from last nite? "
me: "what? breakfast at stone church?"
phan: "no, phish at great woods. they busted out an icculus>axilla> down with disease>icculus >tweezer reprise"
me "who cares!? i fucking hate tweezer. the breakfast played mooboo\'s> doughboy> mooboo\'s last night"
phan: phishphishphishphishphishphishphish......

SkyePrizm

• separator
Most annoying fans
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
^ you have an excellent point.  

though, i love phish, its not my end all be all.  and i know a few people that its all they listen to and preach.  and to me, you got to listen to all ranges of music and not close yourself off.

as for dmb, every person i have ever known who liked dmb turned out to be the biggest phony asshole.  no offense to anyone out there who does like dmb, i am sure there are some nice people among them.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Most annoying fans
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:43:39 pm »
Phish fans overall are generally nicer than moe. fans or biscuits fans for that matter.

UM fans are the worst, they just go in their high heels to be seen and have no clue.

DiG728

• COME ON!!
Most annoying fans
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:48:39 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268686
Phish fans overall are generally nicer than moe. fans or biscuits fans for that matter.

UM fans are the worst, they just go in their high heels to be seen and have no clue.

I have seen UM many times, they are one of my favorite bands.  The fanbase definitely has changed over the past couple years and become increasingly douchey.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Most annoying fans
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 07:40:33 pm »
Fitzy....I love Phish.....more than some as much as others and less than some.....however this post is fucking hilarious....nominating it for a post of the year.......

Quote from: ChrisF;268680
dave matthews fans are very annoying, but phish fans are the worst, especially since 2009. when dave matthews comes to CT i dont even hear a peep about it anymore.

phish fans never shut up about which shows they are trying for in the mail order and their 100 extras they have for trade that they cant get rid of while they try to find tix for the show everyone wants to be at.

when they are not going shows, they tell you when they are buying tickets. when they are done buying tickets they never stop talking about which tickets they need to trade for. when there are no upcoming shows they are spreading false rumors about shows that are not even happening.

when phish is on tour i hate having this conversation a million times:

phan: "did you see that setlist from last nite? "
me: "what? breakfast at stone church?"
phan: "no, phish at great woods. they busted out an icculus>axilla> down with disease>icculus >tweezer reprise"
me "who cares!? i fucking hate tweezer. the breakfast played mooboo\'s> doughboy> mooboo\'s last night"
phan: phishphishphishphishphishphishphish......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Most annoying fans
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 07:46:04 pm »
I thought this thread was going to name annoying fans past/present specific to the Breakfast scene.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Most annoying fans
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;268689
I thought this thread was going to name annoying fans past/present specific to the Breakfast scene.

Ha..................BAM....nice one Zurflu.....

I wonder.........

Present I nominate Nick Flounder Nelson......

I also, now going back and listening to some shows, nominate that fucking whistling kid. He was super fucking annoying.....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Most annoying fans
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:50 pm »
Whatever became of Melanie/Jess:  homelessness?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Most annoying fans
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 08:07:18 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;268691
Whatever became of Melanie/Jess:  homelessness?

:sigh: last i heard of mel, not good......
as for Jess, I last saw her last summer in Robyn and Todds wedding.....she seemed like she was doing well......still holds the best nickname ever....

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Most annoying fans
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:13 pm »

poll?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:17:28 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
Most annoying fans
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;268693

poll?

no poll. i fear being on there.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Most annoying fans
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 09:32:17 pm »
lets do it.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising